Maleth confirms end of P&O partnership

minsterman

BA this year been using Finnair and Air Belgium. Swiss have had to use Air Baltic. I know some people have said even if the aircraft is swapped last minute they will not go. Wondering how many of these people go on short haul flights?

Edited by carlanthony24
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Hi Jean,

As a person who flew crew how often on average would you guess this happens? I've had it happen quite a few times over the years, most notably with BA but with TUI creeping up there since the pandemic.  Several have commented I must be very unlucky so I'm intrigued if I am! 

I normally fly scheduled, would that make my experience more common for instance? I've had changes of everything from internal Air Canada propellor aircraft swapped to ones that you can't take hand luggage on to BA A380's and just assume it's fairly normal if an aircraft needs maintenance. 

Hi, well in my day, it happened sometimes, but more often than not, the aircraft that was being used went off to the hangar and they dragged out another one!  Either that, or there was a long delay, but these days with so many more aircraft, not sure.

• Thanks 1

Just now, jeanlyon said:

Hi, well in my day, it happened sometimes, but more often than not, the aircraft that was being used went off to the hangar and they dragged out another one!  Either that, or there was a long delay, but these days with so many more aircraft, not sure.

Aircraft change can be a bonus too, though.  In the days of the Heathrow shuttle to Glasgow when you just turned up and they put on a plane as required, I arrived to be told the flight would in in 30 minutes as they were preparing the plane.  Imagine our shock when we were directed to a gate with Concorde awaiting us.  Apparently they needed to move it to Glasgow for some special event and decided to send it up with the shuttle passengers onboard.  No supersonic flying but an experience like no other.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

I was going to book the BA 747 event Heathrow to Manchester before some people got involved what a flight it would of been.

Used to fly the 747, DC10, 707, 1-11 and VC10 in my day.  Loved the VC10, but it didn't carry enough pax.

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

Aircraft change can be a bonus too, though.  In the days of the Heathrow shuttle to Glasgow when you just turned up and they put on a plane as required, I arrived to be told the flight would in in 30 minutes as they were preparing the plane.  Imagine our shock when we were directed to a gate with Concorde awaiting us.  Apparently they needed to move it to Glasgow for some special event and decided to send it up with the shuttle passengers onboard.  No supersonic flying but an experience like no other.

Hi

Concorde,,,,now that was an uncomfortable aircraft.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

Indeed tiny cabin, but a real thrill to fly on. I'd have happily sat with my head to my knees to fly on one!  For a working class oik like me growing up with tin baths and outside loos QE2 and Concorde were the ultimate dream and actually setting foot on both was the dream come true.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Cash123 said:
On 9/24/2023 at 1:20 PM, Poppywillow said:

thank you for all your comments.   this is what we can see on our account.  Unlike Kevcharben's  account update which i note  includes the terminal.  On ours  - P&O have not updated what terminal and I am guessing this is to do with their 'new' partnership with MALETH AERO.  They are probably figuring it out.  However, thanks for the advise about using the transport at the airport.  good to know. 

I tried to call P&O yesterday and think I must have spoken to an AI otherwise it was a very abrupt woman with no telephone manners or clue.  I asked what terminal and she kept repeating to look at my account and when i pointed out it doesn't stipulate there  asked if i even booked a cruise with P&O? LOL.  We are going to call again tomorrow and hopefully get a voice belonging to a real human. 

LONDON GATWICK (LGW)

2 December 2023 - 09:30

MALETH AERO

Flight 1103

ANTIGUA (ANU)

2 December 2023 - 14:45

For anyone like us who has been told they are flying with Maleth Aero and are flying from Gatwick this dec ..our flight leaves 2/12 . We have this confirmed by email and in account.  but have noticed P&O don't state the terminal...North or south. unlike TUI flights having that info included.

My husband spoke to P&O today and having been told by the agent at the start of the call that the information is always included in the flight confirmation email and our account so told to  check that.  My husband told her we have both checked so asked her to look herself and point it out to him.   She checked our booking  and was really surprised 😲to see the North or South terminal info not included. She admitted she had never seen that before as normally included.  She kept him on hold whilst looking in to it we are guessing with colleagues and came back to say she was sorry as they didn't have an answer at this time to what terminal we would be flying from. She Said it will get confirmed later so not to worry. 🤔  my husband was asked to complete a survey to provide feedback on service during this whole booking procedure and he was told tobe honest about any negative feedback. We are going to book an on site airport Hotel and use mono rail if required. Hopefully we are directed to where we need to go before Dec but if  you see a couple of confused people walking back and forth between terminals on 2nd Dec that just means we are still waiting to hear🤪.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

Disagree, Seats were very similiar to current PE,  it was under 3 hours to New York.  Wine was £200 a bottle stuff , at 30 years ago prices. So very enjoyable flight.

It was amazing to feel the heat of the skin. Only Pity you can't hear sonic boom from on board.

Edited by Windsurfboy
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I went on board Concorde at the Aero Museum in Somerset.  My God is was small and pokey.  A lot of our ladies wouldn't have been able to work on it, too tall!

I flew on Silver Airways. Fort Lauderdale to Orlando.  Tiny little prop plane with a bench seat at the rear and single seats either side of the aisle.  We took off and the massively tall, I'd say 6'7" plus black guy stood up and pulled a pinafore over his head. He promptly had to stop but produced from behind a curtain a coffee pot and proceeded to stop by about a foot to move down the cabin giving everyone a cup of coffee.  It was totally surreal.

6 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Whilst fully accepting the legroom/comfort issue is the main reason for upgrading (I do it myself when flying with my husband), I'm intrigued as to what those who say no PE or legroom won't go would do if their aircraft was changed at the last minute.  I fly numerous times a year, both long and short haul.  Over the years I've turned up at the airport and it's not the plane I'd expected, sometimes a replacement aircraft of a different type with different seating layout and on others a substitute aircraft from some unknown charter company swapped in by the airline to prevent flight cancellation.

I just accept it as these things are not guaranteed.  Do others book just expecting things won't change or what?  If for instance on the day there's no PE that you paid for would you choose not to travel because you won't fly without that extra space or do you just go with the offering on the day and claim your money back and seek recompense for your not getting the flight you wanted?

Basically, speaking as a person who has cancelled and happily been able to do so I’d point out that there’s a wide difference being informed well ahead of time in respect of no PE, change of airline etc finding it unacceptable and cancelling just with loss of deposit as  in our case. Or, being faced at the last minute ie within 90 days of travel with a very different product and either putting up with it, albeit with compensation or losing a very highly anticipated holiday with heavy financial consequences. We have flown many times and appreciate that last minute changes are all but inevitable. My sympathies lie entirely with the people who find lack of PE to be a deal breaker. We shall sail and save all the ghastly airport and airline angst. 

24 minutes ago, Pasty feet said:

Basically, speaking as a person who has cancelled and happily been able to do so I’d point out that there’s a wide difference being informed well ahead of time in respect of no PE, change of airline etc finding it unacceptable and cancelling just with loss of deposit as  in our case. Or, being faced at the last minute ie within 90 days of travel with a very different product and either putting up with it, albeit with compensation or losing a very highly anticipated holiday with heavy financial consequences. We have flown many times and appreciate that last minute changes are all but inevitable. My sympathies lie entirely with the people who find lack of PE to be a deal breaker. We shall sail and save all the ghastly airport and airline angst. 

I appreciate your sentiments however when booking with P&O there is no named airline.  Yes they let people book PE and it's unfortunate there isn't any, however they were refunding that cost and offering OBC as well.  These cruises are planned 3 years in advance and sold 2 years out. It is simply impossible to promise who you will fly with. Airlines go bankrupt (Thomas Cook/Flybe etc). It would be impossible to day you will fly with such and such.

I note your comment about sailing from Southampton rather than flying. That's lovely for you but a lot of people who booked these.holidays can't take a 28 days cruise because of work.  I'm delighted you are pleased with your choice, but the fact remains that aircraft get changed out regularly particularly since the pandemic and anyone saying they won't fly if they have to go economy or because there's no.in flight entertainment will have to do as you've done and cancel with loss or go on the new plane.

I think P&O announcing this before most people's final payment date has been pretty honest because those like you have lost only your deppd.

Sadly there will be people sailing before 29 December who have already paid and are locked in.  Those people I do have some sympathy with, but again it's extremely naive to believe aircraft aren't at risk of change.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Pasty feet said:

And, just for the record, we booked the Caribbean whilst on Arvia in June and were (mistakenly) told it would be Dreamliner or Virgin.  We accept the future cruise lady was incorrect and that the small print merely mentions ‘flight’ not airline. No problem, for us a comfortable flight starts a holiday in style.  Each to his own. The new arrangement simply does not suit and lack of in flight entertainment is probably a bonus ha ha. Good luck to all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I appreciate your sentiments however when booking with P&O there is no named airline.  Yes they let people book PE and it's unfortunate there isn't any, however they were refunding that cost and offering OBC as well.  These cruises are planned 3 years in advance and sold 2 years out. It is simply impossible to promise who you will fly with. Airlines go bankrupt (Thomas Cook/Flybe etc). It would be impossible to day you will fly with such and such.

I note your comment about sailing from Southampton rather than flying. That's lovely for you but a lot of people who booked these.holidays can't take a 28 days cruise because of work.  I'm delighted you are pleased with your choice, but the fact remains that aircraft get changed out regularly particularly since the pandemic and anyone saying they won't fly if they have to go economy or because there's no.in flight entertainment will have to do as you've done and cancel with loss or go on the new plane.

I think P&O announcing this before most people's final payment date has been pretty honest because those like you have lost only your deppd.

Sadly there will be people sailing before 29 December who have already paid and are locked in.  Those people I do have some sympathy with, but again it's extremely naive to believe aircraft aren't at risk of change.

Ha ha I guess retirement has a few (not many) benefits after all ha ha. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pasty feet said:

And, just for the record, we booked the Caribbean whilst on Arvia in June and were (mistakenly) told it would be Dreamliner or Virgin.  We accept the future cruise lady was incorrect and that the small print merely mentions ‘flight’ not airline. No problem, for us a comfortable flight starts a holiday in style.  Each to his own. The new arrangement simply does not suit and lack of in flight entertainment is probably a bonus ha ha. Good luck to all.

She was correct in that last year was indeed Virgin to Antigua and mostly TUI to Barbados.  She no doubt had no further information than that.

What a lot aren't taking into account either is that last year only Britannia had a full Caribbean season with Arvia not joining her out in the Caribbean until.after Christmas.  Organising flights would have been.much easier.  This is Arvia's first full season and even then she's going late.  The non availbility of flights caused her to do two extra Med cruises rather than as planned.  Alarm bells must have been sounding back then.