Maleth confirms end of P&O partnership

minsterman

4 minutes ago, Nitemare said:

You're welcome.  Many planes haven't changed, but so many have changed that I cringe when I see references to Seatguru as they are wrong as often as they are right.  I've only used the AeroLopa site a couple of times, glad it worked for you

The only thing I generally look at on Seatguru are the old seat reviews which are very enlightening regarding missing windows, noise issues etc.  If you know of any decent upto date seat review sites I'd be very grateful.

Just now, Megabear2 said:

The only thing I generally look at on Seatguru are the old seat reviews which are very enlightening regarding missing windows, noise issues etc.  If you know of any decent upto date seat review sites I'd be very grateful.

I am afraid I do not.  Flyertalk is where I learned about Aerolopa, they probably know over there

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

How many seats are premium economy on P and O planes normally?

Don't forget this is P and O actually losing an  extra income here - which isn't something they would normally choose to do if they didnt have to by the way

And once again I ask could somebody confirm what the benefits of premium economy normally are? 

Maybe some of the benefits can remain at least?

“Treat yourself to Premium Club on your long-haul flight for extras like more space, priority check-in and complimentary drinks.

Start as you mean to go on by flying Premium Club. Here’s a look at what’s included…

Select Your Seat - as soon as you've booked

Priority bag drop at the airport

Fast-track through security

Priority check-in and boarding

Seats with a bigger 38-inch seat pitch and extra recline

A 4-course meal

Complimentary drinks, excluding Champagne and Prosecco

Noise-reducing headphones

A duvet and pillow on night flights

A Rituals® amenity kit”

The above is for TUI long hail flights. For most people, me anyway it’s the extra space and bigger seat that make the flight more comfortable. The other things are also nice to have.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

“Treat yourself to Premium Club on your long-haul flight for extras like more space, priority check-in and complimentary drinks.

Start as you mean to go on by flying Premium Club. Here’s a look at what’s included…

A 4-course meal

A Rituals® amenity kit”

The above is for TUI long hail flights. For most people, me anyway it’s the extra space and bigger seat that make the flight more comfortable. The other things are also nice to have.

I assume this is TUI's own take on it.  You certainly can't book a seat as soon as you book on a P&O flight.

It used to be that PE had free flowing drinks and economy didn't. Last two years everyone was getting unlimited drinks (within reason).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I assume this is TUI's own take on it.  You certainly can't book a seat as soon as you book on a P&O flight.

It used to be that PE had free flowing drinks and economy didn't. Last two years everyone was getting unlimited drinks (within reason).

Yes, a direct quote from TUI.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

A 4-course meal

A Rituals® amenity kit”

We had at least 2 if not 3 complimentary drinks  as standard in economy on TUI. Free choice. Except champagne I assume? Although seem to think my wife had prosecco

Fast track through security bought direct is 5 pounds each  which you can pay at airport if ever needed

Didn't need it

We use our own noise reduction headphones

Was too late to select seats (forgot) but I assume I can do that for a reasonable cost when I'm not too late? Still got 2 seats together on check in

We take our own neck support pillows

At the airport the priority queue at check in for bags was still reasonably long. I estimate that queued for about 15 mins less than us to check bags in

The later we can get on the plane and not have to wait for anybody else to get on and get settled the better for us we always wait til the last seconds to get on and don't queue in departure lounge just sit there til queue has gone. 

Is the 4 course meal different to the meal we get?

As you say the bigger seat and more space is probably the only real advantage

My wife's only 5 ft and petite. Every airline seat is like having extra legroom and loads of space for her as it is!! Lol

Edited by Interestedcruisefan

6 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Yes we got several complimentary drinks

Gin and tonics etc

I understand this new deal is not people's first choice but nowhere was any particular airline promised at time of booking a cruise. You can certainly understand why the Brits are known worldwide for moaning these days. If people genuinely want a relaxing and luxurious experience then why book P&O in the first instance? You pay for what you get these days and P&O are at the bottom of prices so understandably the days of flying BA or Virgin are long gone. Try and enjoy your 2 weeks in caribbean.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sweep2907 said:

I understand this new deal is not people's first choice but nowhere was any particular airline promised at time of booking a cruise. You can certainly understand why the Brits are known worldwide for moaning these days. If people genuinely want a relaxing and luxurious experience then why book P&O in the first instance? You pay for what you get these days and P&O are at the bottom of prices so understandably the days of flying BA or Virgin are long gone. Try and enjoy your 2 weeks in caribbean.

You were doing well til you said P&O are at the bottom of the prices lol.... have you seen them on Arvia in January? Scandalous is what I call them currently.

10 minutes ago, sweep2907 said:

If people genuinely want a relaxing and luxurious experience then why book P&O in the first instance?

That would make an interesting advertising campaign.

Want a relaxing holiday? Want a luxurious experience? — then don’t book P&O cruises.😀

As for your comment about moaning this is a discussion forum is it not. What you call “moaning” others clearly feel is a perfectly legitimate concern.

It’s one of these strange conjugations:

I feel I have a legitimate concern

You think its a trivial issue

He/she/it is a moaning Brit

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Hawkley said:

You were doing well til you said P&O are at the bottom of the prices lol.... have you seen them on Arvia in January? Scandalous is what I call them currently.

In what way?

Look pretty much the same as normal to me?

Slightly more expensive than last year?

What are you looking at?

36 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

If you've booked premium economy  and there is none, need to read CAA rule on downgrading. You are legally entitled to a refund of 75% of fare.

Yes, that's what P&O gave forms out to the Wamos people for last December when the plane didn't turn up as TUI.  However this is advance warned and the top up is being returned in full.

I am concerned to see that a Manchester flight to BGI on 15 December is on the Mareth list. We have booked, paid for and chosen seats on PE on a plane with a TUI number. We have paid for the seats and have a printed receipt from P&O. So now what can we expect? After last year’s debacle with the Christmas flights (ours 12 hours late) I am far from looking forward to this year’s flights for the Britannia Christmas cruise . Has anyone got any more information about this problem?

1 minute ago, pennib said:

I am concerned to see that a Manchester flight to BGI on 15 December is on the Mareth list. We have booked, paid for and chosen seats on PE on a plane with a TUI number. We have paid for the seats and have a printed receipt from P&O. So now what can we expect? After last year’s debacle with the Christmas flights (ours 12 hours late) I am far from looking forward to this year’s flights for the Britannia Christmas cruise . Has anyone got any more information about this problem?

If you have TUI then it will be a TUI plane unless they need to swap it for technical issues etc

2 minutes ago, Wakey1 said:

We received the same email regards No premium seating, no in flight entertainment and same compensation we booked Arvia on 02/02/24. I rang P And O non-customer service only to be hung up on when explaining how disappointed angry and let down by P&O.. I was told I could move my cruise but again no premium seating and after having looked at Malta’s equivalent of a well known budget airline I explained that my wife could only fly long haul on premium due anxiety. Response “Is that a medical condition “. So we decided to cancel the cruise and forfeit the deposit and will never book P&O again. 🤬Also to add insult to financial injury P&O added the extra amount I paid for premium to the initial deposit. I will never book recommend or speak about P&O unless to tell everyone what I think of them...Really Really really bed customer service and I hope their is another Covid and P&O go bust and all the customer service agents have to ring for hours and hours to speak to someone... Rant over and please everyone complain

If you were at deposit stage they can only keep the amount you paid as per the booking terms, ie x% or £x onboard.  Anything over has to be returned.  You presumably paid for the upgrade as a separate payment after booking.  As they couldn't provide that flight class that money should be returned - that plane has no PE and if it had been there you wouldn't have cancelled.

Write in the strongest terms saying you want that premium economy fare repaid as it was not part of the deposit but a separate charte for a service that cannot take place.

I assume you have a separate invoice for the flight upgrade? If so and they refuse go down the bank reclaim route.  If it's on your booking invoice insist on a refund of that part as it will be more than x% if you paid for it in full. 

Email to:

Executive.Correspondence@carnivalukgroup.com 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, pennib said:

Hi.  There are at least two flights from each of Manchester, Gatwick and Birmingham on the Friday and Saturday.  If you have your seats confirmed and paid for you are on the TUI.  I recall you were on the Wamos replacement last year, this was a TUI change due to lack of aircraft availability not the same as is happening here to provide additional capacity.

Unless TUI change the plane as they did last time you will be on the TUI flight in PE. I spoke to flights the day before yesterday and they confirmed if TUI shows that will be the flight unless TUI change it.

Edited by Megabear2

Thanks Megabear. No we weren’t on the wamos last year. I think that went from Gatwick and we were from Manchester. Your reply has given me some hope that things could be OK. After a lot of Christmas and New Year cruises this will probably be the last Christmas cruise as we are getting too long in the tooth for messing about in airports so we have booked Ventura 35 nights in January 2025 instead and going by coach down to Southampton. Hope you enjoy your festive break this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pennib said:

Thanks Megabear. No we weren’t on the wamos last year. I think that went from Gatwick and we were from Manchester. Your reply has given me some hope that things could be OK. After a lot of Christmas and New Year cruises this will probably be the last Christmas cruise as we are getting too long in the tooth for messing about in airports so we have booked Ventura 35 nights in January 2025 instead and going by coach down to Southampton. Hope you enjoy your festive break this year.

Thank you.  Our festive break this year is with Celebrity from Miami.  We were booked on Arvia for 22 December but I disliked it far too much when I tried it so looked for an alternative.  Settled on 13 nights on Celebrity with 3 days before to visit our friends.  However I moved my deposit to Britannia for 13 January as I got a deal whilst onboard Arvia.  We 17 days at home inbetween but the second one is a busman's holiday for my OH as he will be working a lot of the time.

No Christmas next year either - well planning a luxury hotel break in London - but we sail 35 nights QM2 Caribbean on 11 January 2025.  Big Cunard year former as I'm sailing all four Queens and the Caribbean.  Have two Britannia cruises then nothing else on P&O unless the new itineraries offer something different.

Sadly every cruise is a direct repeat of the year before at present, though I note the 2024 Caribbean fly cruises are now all one port less than previously.

Enjoy your trip and have a great time.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sweep2907 said:

My next P&O cruise on a superior deluxe balcony 15N on azura £4400 next year  is almost double what I paid for infinite veranda on celebrity edge £2275 12N. Beginning to think I have totally over paid. 🤔.  I thought the service etc would be roughly equivalent🫣

This is the list that has been released of flights that will be using Maleth. 

P&O Cruises said Maleth will make up around 25-30% of sourcing for Arvia bookings, using two aircraft on turnarounds, one from Gatwick and one from Manchester for Antigua and Barbados. For Britannia, one Maleth aircraft will be used, from Manchester to Barbados, on a Friday only.

The cruise line has released details of the flights that will operate on Maleth airlines. They are:

ARVIA  
Flight Date Day Port LGW MAN  
10/11/2023 Fri BGI 345 295  
11/11/2023 Sat BGI 345 295  
18/11/2023 Sat ANU 345 295  
24/11/2023 Fri BGI 345 295  
25/11/2023 Sat BGI 345 295  
02/12/2023 Sat ANU 345 295  
08/12/2023 Fri BGI 345 345  
09/12/2023 Sat BGI 345 345  
16/12/2023 Sat ANU 345 345  
22/12/2023 Fri BGI 345 345  
23/12/2023 Sat BGI 345 345  
30/12/2023 Sat ANU 345 345  
05/01/2024 Fri BGI 345 345  
06/01/2024 Sat BGI 345 345  
13/01/2024 Sat ANU 345 345  
19/01/2024 Fri BGI 345 345  
20/01/2024 Sat BGI 345 345  
27/01/2024 Sat ANU 345 345  
02/02/2024 Fri BGI 345 345  
03/02/2024 Sat BGI 345 345  
10/02/2024 Sat ANU 345 345  
16/02/2024 Fri BGI 345 345  
17/02/2024 Sat BGI 345 345  
24/02/2024 Sat ANU 345 345  
01/03/2024 Fri BGI 345 345  
02/03/2024 Sat BGI 345 345  
09/03/2024 Sat ANU 345 345  
15/03/2024 Fri BGI 345 345  
16/03/2024 Sat BGI 345 345  

BRITANNIA
Flight Date Day Port MAN
03/11/2023 Fri BGI 345
17/11/2023 Fri BGI 295
01/12/2023 Fri BGI 295
15/12/2023 Fri BGI 345
29/12/2023 Fri BGI 345
12/01/2024 Fri BGI 345
26/01/2024 Fri BGI 345
09/02/2024 Fri BGI 345
23/02/2024 Fri BGI 345
08/03/2024 Fri BGI 345
22/03/2024 Fri BGI 345

2 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

We booked a TUI holiday last week. We selected our seats before we even finished booking.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

If you were at deposit stage they can only keep the amount you paid as per the booking terms, ie x% or £x onboard.  Anything over has to be returned.  You presumably paid for the upgrade as a separate payment after booking.  As they couldn't provide that flight class that money should be returned - that plane has no PE and if it had been there you wouldn't have cancelled.

Write in the strongest terms saying you want that premium economy fare repaid as it was not part of the deposit but a separate charte for a service that cannot take place.

I assume you have a separate invoice for the flight upgrade? If so and they refuse go down the bank reclaim route.  If it's on your booking invoice insist on a refund of that part as it will be more than x% if you paid for it in full. 

Email to:

Executive.Correspondence@carnivalukgroup.com 

That's brilliant help MB

I'm impressed