Waterproof mascara & eyeliner

I don't wear waterproof mascara and eyeliner on a regular basis, and I'm not particularly pleased with the brands I've tried for cruises.  Can anyone recommend a brand that you really like?  Here's what I'd like to find:

Mascara -- dark brown or black in a truly waterproof formula -- looking for basic function, not super-long lashes /not trying to look like I have spiders on my eyes 

Eye liner -- liquid eyeliner in dark brown, again in a truly waterproof formula 

Thanks for any suggestions you might make.  

As far as eyeliner, I've used Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Waterproof eyeliner pencil for years and years.  Tons of colors, but it's not liquid.  I use the Whiskey color as my everyday brown liner if I don't want to something different (I probably have 12 of their colors).  It's a nice dark matte brown.   They do make a liquid eyeliner, but I never had much luck putting on any liquid eyeliner.

I don't use much mascara at all - only when I'm spiffing up for something really special.  But, when I do, it's Thrive Liquid Lash Extensions mascara.  It's water-resistant.   It does tubes around your lashes and to get it off you wet your fingers and "pull" the tubes off.  It's pretty easy to do and I don't pull out any lashes in the process.  I've used tubing mascara since I first had Blinc mascara years ago.

I hope this one helps.  

• Like 2

I have used Physicians Formula Ultra-Fine Liquid Eyeliner for years. It is very safe for your lashes (mine are delicate for some reason, despite a really healthy head of hair). I use the regular formulation but they have a waterproof version too.

I don't use eyeliner, but as far as mascara, I love Lancome "Big Monsieur" waterproof.  Its the only mascara that Ive found to be truly smudge and flake free, as well as waterproof.  It stays on until I take it off (I take it off with Lancome Bifacil Double Action Eye Makeup Remover and soft cotton pad, like Shiseido facial cotton).  It is a volume mascara, but I just wipe the wand a little before applying 1 coat, and its perfect for me.  

• Like 1

I like Covergirl Lash Blast waterproof in black brown. I snorkel whenever I can and it lasts all day at the beach. If I don't take it off at night it's good for the next day too. I use a lash comb if I happen to put too much on.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My go to for mascara is Diorshow Waterproof  (it is my daily and what I travel with)  

For eyeliner my go to is KVD tattoo liner (but I get the trooper which is really a black color I have not tried brown)

On my last trip I used the Dior 24Hour Stylo waterproof (it comes in a matte brown not really a liquid more of a gel but I liked it and it stayed on my eyelids)

tmee

• 3 months later...

I rarely wear liner since I find it’s really an evening look but when I do I swear by the KVD tattoo liner as well. Honestly I got tired of removing mascara and have pretty much switched to wearing lashes now. They take an extra minute to put on but are much easier to take off and never clump. I always buy them on sale and have a range from day to evening. Bonus is no more stained pillow cases and never any smudges from my teary eyes.