Sofa or no sofa?

F355c5

Ever since the barrel chair was removed we prefer the deluxe balconies just for the seating. Of course, Princess holds those back as 3 person rooms so you have to go through a few gyrations to book a specific room as a double. 🙄

2 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

Ever since the barrel chair was removed we prefer the deluxe balconies just for the seating. Of course, Princess holds those back as 3 person rooms so you have to go through a few gyrations to book a specific room as a double. 🙄

We've never had a problem booking a DB for 2 of us.

1 hour ago, Senga said:

We've never had a problem booking a DB for 2 of us.

Not sure if this is a US problem or if you haven’t booked in a while, but it is a huge problem right now, at least in my experience, to book a specific DB cabin. All Princess Deluxe Balcony cabins I have researched lately show them to be only available to book as a GTY, unless you either 1) change the booking to 3 people in the cabin instead of 2, or 2) book it ONLY through a Princess CVP. Because 2 of the decks with the most Deluxe Balcony DB sub category cabins are the deck above lifeboats, and the deck below the pool, I want nothing to do with a Deluxe Balcony guarantee.

20 minutes ago, clojacks said:

Not sure if this is a US problem or if you haven’t booked in a while, but it is a huge problem right now, at least in my experience, to book a specific DB cabin. All Princess Deluxe Balcony cabins I have researched lately show them to be only available to book as a GTY, unless you either 1) change the booking to 3 people in the cabin instead of 2, or 2) book it ONLY through a Princess CVP. Because 2 of the decks with the most Deluxe Balcony DB sub category cabins are the deck above lifeboats, and the deck below the pool, I want nothing to do with a Deluxe Balcony guarantee.

I just tell my CVP that we want L101 or 102 and she overrides the booking system and grabs it for us.  Of course if I try it, only the guarantee choice is available.  Thank goodness for Princess CVPs!

Over-riding seems to be possible, but many have no luck with a PVP or TA who either knows, or is willing, to be able to do that.  Count your luck!!!

To this original poster...  Yes, one can find that they are GTY only when you put in for two guests..

Try putting in 3 guests, like you are going to make a booking and see what shows up.

People used to be able to request and get the available Deluxe Balcony they wanted, but that seems to be no more.  Maybe up to luck.

One work-around might be to book for three guest.. and then go back and cancel that so-called third guest.

Yes, these are the only regular balcony cabins with a love-seat...  ONLY one chair in the small 'regular' balcony cabins.  (This is known on Princess, and they are finally correcting this situation on the two new ships coming out!!!)

Look on deck 9, Dolphin Deck, for Deluxe Balconies that have a deeper/larger balcony.

The AFT, wake view Deluxe balconies also can have larger balconies on some decks.

Also, you might look at Obstructed Deluxe Balconies, mid-ship, that can. have larger balconies with no real obstruction, just the main deck area just below.  (listed under the 'INSIDE' category.

Edited by Wishing on a star

5 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Over-riding seems to be possible, but many have no luck with a PVP or TA who either knows, or is willing, to be able to do that.  Count your luck!!!

To this original poster...  Yes, one can find that they are GTY only when you put in for two guests..

Try putting in 3 guests, like you are going to make a booking and see what shows up.

People used to be able to request and get the available Deluxe Balcony they wanted, but that seems to be no more.  Maybe up to luck.

One work-around might be to book for three guest.. and then go back and cancel that so-called third guest.

Yes, these are the only regular balcony cabins with a love-seat...  ONLY one chair in the small 'regular' balcony cabins.  (This is known on Princess, and they are finally correcting this situation on the two new ships coming out!!!)

Look on deck 9, Dolphin Deck, for Deluxe Balconies that have a deeper/larger balcony.

The AFT, wake view Deluxe balconies also can have larger balconies on some decks.

Also, you might look at Obstructed Deluxe Balconies, mid-ship, that can. have larger balconies with no real obstruction, just the main deck area just below.  (listed under the 'INSIDE' category.

I know Deck 9 is not listed as obstructed, but for me, looking directly down at the top of a lifeboat  is as obstructed as it gets...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

I just tell my CVP that we want L101 or 102 and she overrides the booking system and grabs it for us.  Of course if I try it, only the guarantee choice is available.  Thank goodness for Princess CVPs!

Doesn't it seem like a waste of time to involve a CVP to do what you can do on every other cruise lines website by yourself? This really seems like a dumb system by Princess in my opinion and one I hope they change.

• Like 2

I hav heard that it involves more than just a Princess Planner or a TA...

Princess has some kind of Inventory and Revenue department that oversees all of this.

The work-around mentioned might be more successful.

And, true, it pays to be aware of what is actually situated around any cabins you are considering!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clojacks said:

Doesn't it seem like a waste of time to involve a CVP to do what you can do on every other cruise lines website by yourself? This really seems like a dumb system by Princess in my opinion and one I hope they change.

I’ve used the same CVP for years and it’s great!  I literally call her when I want to book and she takes care of it all.  If I need to refare or make changes, no waiting on hold for an hour to speak to an outsourced agent in another country.  She gets it done in mere minutes.  She is gold to me!  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wishing on a star said:

Are her initials N. B. ???

I know we can't recommend travel agents....

You can see my 'signature'.

Our TA was promoted, and we really need a good TA!

Sorry, not the same person.  I wish we could share the names of our Princess CVPs since this is a Princess forum.