2026 Grand World Voyage

2 minutes ago, oakridger said:

Did they say why Henk isn't going to be on WC 2026?  Will he retire or some other reason?

~Nancy

They said Henk's last world is 2025 - no indication if he is retiring or will be doing other cruises.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, KU1and2 said:

The Suez Canal again.?  Third year in a row……….

The current WC was massively re-routed and went nowhere near the Red Sea & Suez Canal.

Pete (the inside cabin) did a detailed report of Gus's presentation on 2026 and his Q&A. HAL is reviewing the itinerary for 2025 now and will probably make similar change away from the Red Sea & Suez Canal for 2025.

1 hour ago, Cruising Is Bliss said:

The current WC was massively re-routed and went nowhere near the Red Sea & Suez Canal.

Pete (the inside cabin) did a detailed report of Gus's presentation on 2026 and his Q&A. HAL is reviewing the itinerary for 2025 now and will probably make similar change away from the Red Sea & Suez Canal for 2025.

I understand that.  I have been following Pete's blog.  

1 hour ago, CNSJ said:

Is this the first World Cruise with Antarctica?

No. Fortunately 2020 went there. One of the reasons Captain Jonathan stayed until 2020 as they enticed him with possible Zodiacs. (Which HAL didn't have and its ships are not Polar class so they cannot do excursions closer to the Continent). 2026 is similar to the planned 2020 up until after the Maldives. (Of course it ended short after Cairns and sailing around to Freemantle to fly home). 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, islandwoman said:

I understand that HAL will not be taking bookings until May.  I have asked our TA to waitlist us for it.  Does anyone know whether HAL is taking waitlists?

You need to make a minimal place holder "future dam" refundable deposit to get in line for when actual booking opens for people who are not on the current world cruise. For the 2026 WC it's $200 which is applied to your booking.

• Thanks 1