Is there or is there not a filet on the menu?

31 minutes ago, Riemercruisin said:

Trying to settle a discussion. On the Celebration- is there a specific night that filet is offered on the new MDR menu?

I'm on the Celebration right now. There's a section of the MDR menu entrees called Every Day. On it is a grilled chicken breast and a broiled strip loin steak. It's the same two choices every night, it doesn't change. So the broiled strip loin streak is available every night as a choice on your cruise. 

Screenshot_20240226-140710.png

1 hour ago, Riemercruisin said:

Trying to settle a discussion. On the Celebration- is there a specific night that filet is offered on the new MDR menu?

First elegant night.....it is now a combo filet and short rib so the steak portion is smaller than it was as a standalone offering.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Screenshot_20240226-152216.png

I had the filet and short rib on the Glory in January. The short rib was tender and good. The filet was thin and tough. I finished the short rib and ate less than half of the filet.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I'm on the Celebration right now. There's a section of the MDR menu entrees called Every Day. On it is a grilled chicken breast and a broiled strip loin steak. It's the same two choices every night, it doesn't change. So the broiled strip loin streak is available every night as a choice on your cruise. 

Screenshot_20240226-140710.png

The striploin steak is not the filet. The filet cut is Tenderloin.

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I spy under steakhouse selections.

Not what I meant. There used to be Tenderloin filet on the regular MDR menu.

Unfortunately they also took the filet away from the Seaday Brunch steak & eggs, as well as from the Diamond luncheon. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Riemercruisin said:

Unfortunately they also took the filet away from the Seaday Brunch steak & eggs, as well as from the Diamond luncheon. 

Some have said it is still there. The Diamond luncheon isn't guaranteed, but the menus do change.

46 minutes ago, Riemercruisin said:

If that's what you meant then you should have been more specific in you initial question. What your looking for isn't available. What's been posted here is what's available now. I'm literally typing this while waiting on the Celebration for the first Elegant Night. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Some have said it is still there. The Diamond luncheon isn't guaranteed, but the menus do change.

This is what we had TODAY as the Diamond Lunch menu. The steak is also pictured. 

PXL_20240226_165836158~2.jpg

PXL_20240226_173250841.jpg

43 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

No, it's not there, I posted what's on the MDR menu RIGHT NOW on the Celebration. 

37 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

No, it's not there, I posted what's on the MDR menu RIGHT NOW on the Celebration. 

It is literally on the menu you posted under steakhouse selections. The OP didn't specify if it had to be included or not.

The Captain's Special invitation does not have to be a luncheon, much less include steak of any kind. 

10 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

The Captain's Special invitation does not have to be a luncheon, much less include steak of any kind. 

Are you referring to the diamond special meal? Are you saying on some ships it's a Diamond dinner? I'm not understanding what you're referring to in that particular response. 

29 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Are you referring to the diamond special meal? Are you saying on some ships it's a Diamond dinner? I'm not understanding what you're referring to in that particular response. 

There is no defined diamond special meal. The perk is:

"A Special Invitation from the Captain." Benefit limited to Diamond Member and one guest once per Cruise, subject to Captain's availability and discretion. No substitution if Benefit is unavailable."

It could be anything or nothing, per the terms and conditions of the marketing program.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

It doesn't have to be a meal at all.  Part of what determines what the event is is how many Diamonds are onboard.  On 3 of my last 4 cruises the event has been a cocktail party with open bar and nice passed hors d'oeuvre (not the crap they were serving at the Platinum and Diamond party before they stopped serving food altogether).  Unfortunately 2 of those 3 cocktail parties were scheduled before noon.

In my experience, older ships and/or shorter itineraries are more likely to have fewer Diamonds and therefore less likely to have the lunch.

Although the Diamond event can be anything, in 12 cruises as Diamond I've only seen brunch, lunch, or cocktail parties.

3 hours ago, kwokpot said:

If that's what you meant then you should have been more specific in you initial question. What your looking for isn't available. What's been posted here is what's available now. I'm literally typing this while waiting on the Celebration for the first Elegant Night. 

I knew what he meant

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

It doesn't have to be a meal at all.  Part of what determines what the event is is how many Diamonds are onboard.  On 3 of my last 4 cruises the event has been a cocktail party with open bar and nice passed hors d'oeuvre (not the crap they were serving at the Platinum and Diamond party before they stopped serving food altogether).  Unfortunately 2 of those 3 cocktail parties were scheduled before noon.

In my experience, older ships and/or shorter itineraries are more likely to have fewer Diamonds and therefore less likely to have the lunch.

Although the Diamond event can be anything, in 12 cruises as Diamond I've only seen brunch, lunch, or cocktail parties.

All the cruises we've been on since turning diamond have had both the party and the luncheon. 

For what it's worth, the Beef Wellington is technically a filet surrounded by puff pastry.  It was excellent on the Magic.  You didn't even need a knife to cut it, it was so tender.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ledges1 said:

I had the filet and short rib on the Glory in January. The short rib was tender and good. The filet was thin and tough. I finished the short rib and ate less than half of the filet.

A filet and Short rib is such an odd combination. 🙄  I wonder if one could ask for two short ribs and drop the filet.😆

I see the lamb on the Diamond Dinner menu, but is there another opportunity to have lamb that is not an extra cost?

9 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

I see the lamb on the Diamond Dinner menu, but is there another opportunity to have lamb that is not an extra cost?

As to what are you referring to? 

18 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

The menu that you posted in post #5 shows lamb.  I said Diamond menu when I meant to say Feast. 🤔

This is the only lamb on my 7 night interary. 

Screenshot_20240227-225110.png

Edited by kwokpot