End of shareholder benefits?

tacticalbanjo

On 3/13/2024 at 3:13 PM, Bell Boy said:

Thank Goodness it wasn't only me who had a hassle trying to install the App 😅  Had to go to my local Apple store  - Thank goodness the young man (all of about  age 17) sorted it out for me 🥵 

Home now and downloading proof of ownership - I'll let you all know how successful I've been - Oh for those days when a simple email to Carnival House did the trick.

One week later ;

YIPPEE !  just had confirmation that proof of ownership has been approved - spent a sleepless week wondering if I'd  managed to download the share certificate correctly, I can safely say I'm now in the 21st century 😉 however, that's where I'll leave it.  You won't catch me bothering with that blessed onboard Cunard App thingy to book  dining, speciality restaurants or Spa appointments etc  I'll stick with interacting face to face .  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Bell Boy said:

One week later ;

YIPPEE !  just had confirmation that proof of ownership has been approved - spent a sleepless week wondering if I'd  managed to download the share certificate correctly, I can safely say I'm now in the 21st century 😉 however, that's where I'll leave it.  You won't catch me bothering with that blessed onboard Cunard App thingy to book  dining, speciality restaurants or Spa appointments etc  I'll stick with interacting face to face .  

I tend to agree, but must admit that I found the app useful for booking a pop-up when nobody was answering the phone.

5 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

It's very odd the way Cunard is listed under both UK Brands and US Brands on the shareholder benefits pdf. As they don't ever use GBP as the on-board currency, it should just appear in the US Brands column as it pertains to OBC.

Same with Princess

I've now done my second successful OBC addition, which was even easier than the first time, since there was no set up, and the original documentation for the first round of OBC could be recycled for the second and there was no set-up. It was easier and faster to do that than to write this post, all sorted in 2 days. Whereas under the old system, I would sometimes have a somewhat tedious and slow back-and-fro with Carnival UK since my SIPP documentation - produced by Hargreaves Lansdown, one of the largest financial institutions in the UK - does not exactly comply with Carnival's requirements. 

To those who think "I am too old for this" - well get some help, though I don't think this system is in anyway tricky. I'm an OAP and the one advantage of this is that I've got the time to sit down and work through the process. If I was really stuck I'd ask for help from a neighbour, someone at church, my phone retailer, or the kids hanging out in Starbucks. Mostly people are generous to a polite approach and an offer of a free cinnamon bun.

• Like 3

This might be a dumb point, and if so, sorry for being dumb, but if my proof of share ownership is accepted [not heard back yet], it's surely only current.

Does one have to update the proof of ownership, as we did prior to this new app, every time we book a cruise or does the current proof last, which is a bit strange as we could have sold the shares and moved on.

Just asking.

On 3/15/2024 at 9:46 AM, LifeonMars said:

if you look on the Carnival Shareholder benefit page link

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/shareholder-information/shareholder-benefit

It does say The benefit is available on sailings through December 31, 2024.  

That was changed in the last 2 weeks - I was checking this, and at that time it said end of July 2024.

2 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

This might be a dumb point, and if so, sorry for being dumb, but if my proof of share ownership is accepted [not heard back yet], it's surely only current.

Does one have to update the proof of ownership, as we did prior to this new app, every time we book a cruise or does the current proof last, which is a bit strange as we could have sold the shares and moved on.

Exactly that point went through my mind, but in my case I did a May sailing on Stockperks back in February, and just now for a sailing in July and I didn't need to reload anything. Just the one screen giving my booking reference and sailing date. I think the answer (at least in part) lies in the app's Profile / Portfolio - since on that screen it shows  "Validated portfolio", and a summary of share ownership in Carnival Corp and plc.  At some stage that could become non validated, and thus needs a new upload. But it sticks for at least a month, in my case.

The other advantage - to which I have no interest - is that it would now be a piece of cake to apply for OBC on P&O and the other Carnival brands. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pushpit said:

The other advantage - to which I have no interest - is that it would now be a piece of cake to apply for OBC on P&O and the other Carnival brands. 

Though many of us will, Cunard, Seabourn, P&O, Princess and, God forbid I mention it here on a Cunard page, Carnival. 😂

Carnival is our oyster.

1 hour ago, Solent Richard said:

Though many of us will, Cunard, Seabourn, P&O, Princess and, God forbid I mention it here on a Cunard page, Carnival. 😂

Carnival is our oyster.

Maybe I am crumbling. Was your brand order in some way ranked?

On 3/17/2024 at 11:19 AM, Mister T said:

We have received our OBC benefit from Stockperks for our upcoming 14 night Cunard voyage in May of £150 which has been converted into a credit of $150. We have previously always received $250. On querying this with Stockperks they said for the UK this is correct. Has anyone else receive this change?

On 3/17/2024 at 11:23 AM, Host Hattie said:

That's not correct, Cunard is  a US brand for the purposes of OBC

Many Thanks for your advice- finally got it sorted for the $250 OBC. After it was looked into further they admitted it had been mistakenly put through for P&O

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Many Thanks for your advice- finally got it sorted for the $250 OBC. After it was looked into further they admitted it had been mistakenly put through for P&O

Thanks for letting us know, hopefully it doesn't happen too often.