End of shareholder benefits?

tacticalbanjo

On 3/13/2024 at 4:38 PM, Victoria2 said:

Have you tried?

I wonder how all the folk without the technology to use this App, will manage. I have the technology, although possibly not the know how, but will continue using the same method I started with, a year ago.

It doesn't seem broken, so I won't try and fix it. 🙂

I don't have the relevant technology and have told my broker to sell my shares. 

If one orders from Amazon or posts of social media sites, you already may have the technology to download the new shareholder request form app. Many people do more technology activities than they think. 
Worse case scenario, ask a young relative for help!

14 minutes ago, ShelaghL said:

I don't have the relevant technology and have told my broker to sell my shares. 

I'm sorry to hear that. You will not be the only one who does not have the technology.

If it's of any use, when I phoned the broker, they diarised my requests and will send the required information as and when needed at the appropriate time.

I will check on this, again, at the appropriate time.

Could you do the same, that is of course, if you still want to retain the extra obc the shares 'give'?

15 minutes ago, NE John said:

If one orders from Amazon or posts of social media sites, you already may have the technology to download the new shareholder request form app. Many people do more technology activities than they think. 

Hi - I use a desktop computer and the app doesn't work on that and I have no relatives, let alone young ones, except my husband and he is 80!

10 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

I'm sorry to hear that. You will not be the only one who does not have the technology.

If it's of any use, when I phoned the broker, they diarised my requests and will send the required information as and when needed at the appropriate time.

I will check on this, again, at the appropriate time.

Could you do the same, that is of course, if you still want to retain the extra obc the shares 'give'?

From March 7 brokers cannot do this on clients' behalf and neither can travel agents. My broker has just sent me an email address for Stockperks as apparently they have relented and will accept claims by email for those that don't have a smartphone, so I need to see if that will work first, so sale of stocks now on hold.

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, NE John said:

Hi NE John - I don't use social media either!

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, ShelaghL said:

Hi - I use a desktop computer and the app doesn't work on that and I have no relatives, let alone young ones, except my husband and he is 80!

Over ten years ago it was useful for me to look at an Android app on my laptop at work. My work phone ran on a more business orientated system.

I installed Bluestacks, which still seems to be around. It was a bit buggy back then, no idea if that's improved, but it did let me install and access the app.

Edit: I should add that I don't think anyone should be forced into taking such action.

Edited by D&N

12 minutes ago, ShelaghL said:

From March 7 brokers cannot do this on clients' behalf and neither can travel agents. My broker has just sent me an email address for Stockperks as apparently they have relented and will accept claims by email for those that don't have a smartphone, so I need to see if that will work first, so sale of stocks now on hold.

That's interesting.

I will follow that up.

Thanks

13 minutes ago, D&N said:

Over ten years ago it was useful for me to look at an Android app on my laptop at work. My work phone ran on a more business orientated system.

I installed Bluestacks, which still seems to be around. It was a bit buggy back then, no idea if that's improved, but it did let me install and access the app.

Edit: I should add that I don't think anyone should be forced into taking such action.

Thanks - I'll look into that. It is annoying it doesn't work on desktops - I'm happy using one but don't need nor want a smartphone.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, ShelaghL said:

Hi NE John - I don't use social media either!

I understand and I was trying to be encouraging. It’s getting harder and harder to live in a non-app world. The Cruise Critic site is actually the only social media site I frequent: good information, good people, and a few laughs…

Edited by NE John
  • Like 5

Bad nights' sleep last night so I decided to download this Stockperks thingy.

Very easy. Ignored and skipped the 'personal info'  wanted [as little personal stuff as possible  thank you very much] and got a confirmation of download immediately.

Downloading my shares account into a pdf, printing it out  then photographing it to add it as a file was a faff at 3am but I did it.

Waiting to see if that went OK.

Far less hassle to phone the broker to do the leg work but, if Stockperks is the way Carnival are going, I thought I'd better get with the programme.

Upshot is, if I, a tech idiot can do it in the middle of the night, then most people can.

Might be famous last words so I'll see.  🙂

• Like 4

14 hours ago, NE John said:

I understand and I was trying to be encouraging. It’s getting harder and harder to live in a non-app world. The Cruise Critic site is actually the only social media site I frequent: good information, good people, and a few laughs…

Hi - I never thought of Cruise Critic as social media, but I take your point. I was referring to media such as Facebook and Instagram. The only tech I don't have is a smartphone - I have a desktop computer, a laptop and a very old pay as you go mobile phone that makes and receives phonecalls and texts, but nothing else - I last used it in 2021! My argument with Stockperks is that they will only accept applications via smartphone, though have since learnt that they have recently agreed to accept via an email address if the claimant, like me, doesn't have a smartphone. If I could apply using my pc I would do so. I understand through comments on line that the app isn't user friendly outside the US - the majority of the negative comments that I've seen seem to come from the UK and Canada.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rakkor said:

I tried to claim shareholder OBC for my Februrary 2025 cruise in the app, that got me a pop-up saying come back in November you can only claim for cruises up to Dec 31st, so yes bending, but suggesting that there is a 3 month rule at the same time.

if you look on the Carnival Shareholder benefit page link

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/shareholder-information/shareholder-benefit

It does say The benefit is available on sailings through December 31, 2024.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I pre empted an email I received an hour ago  from the broker which said they will no longer be able to request OBC for their clients.

Nice letter, very helpful with an attachment of a certificate of prof of share holding.

They said they had had confirmation that StockPerks should be able to accept a screenshot of my xxxx account, to confirm my holding  od CCL shares.

They also provided an email address for help from Carnival should it be needed. 

I had asked this of Carnival yesterday and I got another helpful email back saying if I had difficulty [I did at the time as I hadn't downloaded the Stockperks app] to...

send your proof of stocks and details of your booking to shareholders@carnivalukgroup.com no later than 3 weeks before your departure.

All rather helpful

🙂

and I am a pleased bunny as I did this all on my own!

I will be in danger of being considered tech competent.😅

Edited by Victoria2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 3/11/2024 at 4:15 AM, Solent Richard said:

I'm getting the impression that most of us, and that includes many more of Cunard Facebook groups, are finding the system working and relatively easy to manage..

I initially tried it -  it connected to my brokerage account and shows the shares.  When I tried to apply even though it shows the shares said I don't have qualifying shares.    I send application along with proof by e-mail and received next day.

Applied via the email address I was given by my broker. Received email this morning to say that my application had been received and passed onto P&O - I should receive benefit within 5 days. Stockperks also told me they are working on a desktop pc version, which will be a great help to me and I'm sure others who either don't have one or find using a smartphone difficult. I much prefer a large screen and even find my laptop a bit small. My husband has cataracts and can't even see a mobile phone screen! I do hope this works - we have 3 P&O, a Princess and a Cunard cruise booked.

• Like 1

We have received our OBC benefit from Stockperks for our upcoming 14 night Cunard voyage in May of £150 which has been converted into a credit of $150. We have previously always received $250. On querying this with Stockperks they said for the UK this is correct. Has anyone else receive this change?

3 minutes ago, Mister T said:

We have received our OBC benefit from Stockperks for our upcoming 14 night Cunard voyage in May of £150 which has been converted into a credit of $150. We have previously always received $250. On querying this with Stockperks they said for the UK this is correct. Has anyone else receive this change?

That's not correct, Cunard is  a US brand for the purposes of OBC

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mister T said:

At current exchange rates your £150 would be around $190

1 hour ago, Mister T said:

I have received my latest OBC via Stockperks in $s at the usual rate for the length of cruise. My Cunard reissued booking confirmation confirms this. The cruise is priced in £s and was booked direct with Cunard U K 

18 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

That's not correct, Cunard is  a US brand for the purposes of OBC

It's very odd the way Cunard is listed under both UK Brands and US Brands on the shareholder benefits pdf. As they don't ever use GBP as the on-board currency, it should just appear in the US Brands column as it pertains to OBC.

19 hours ago, Mister T said:

I received $250 last week for our 14 night November cruise