End of shareholder benefits?

tacticalbanjo

39 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

Hi there @tacticalbanjo .

Being a particularly CCL savvy cruiser ( Comment # 35)  I was perfectly aware of the significance of the dates for final payment and the timing for claiming shareholder's OBC.

In my comment # 21 I was merely offering a possible  'lifeline' to a member who had 'sent through multiple requests for Shareholder OBC' . 😉😉

I don't require lifelines.

My requests were answered and will be dealt with at the correct time.

• Like 1

I applied for my Shareholder OBC last month for our November QA cruise and was told that it was only available for cruises up July 31st, which I took to mean that the benefit hadn't been renewed yet. I reapplied this morning on the news that the benefit has now been approved and I now wait with baited breath. I haven't applied for our Feb 2025 QM2 cruise though given this t=round of benefit is only approved up until Dec 31st

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Pear Carr said:

I was under the impression that the time frame for applying for shareholder OBC was between 90 and 21 days pre cruise. 

So was/am I, or that had been my experience  when applying for the obc since we bought our shares summer'22.

The possibility of restricting the 'perk' and the lack of clarity on the AGM minutes sparked a little frisson of 'what's up Doc'.

Luckily, all cleared up by HH's post. 🙂

On 3/5/2024 at 2:02 PM, rakkor said:

I applied for my Shareholder OBC last month for our November QA cruise and was told that it was only available for cruises up July 31st, which I took to mean that the benefit hadn't been renewed yet. I reapplied this morning on the news that the benefit has now been approved and I now wait with baited breath. I haven't applied for our Feb 2025 QM2 cruise though given this t=round of benefit is only approved up until Dec 31st

I applied on yesterday March 5, for my sailing on QM2 for October 25 crossing.   I received a reply this morning that the credit had been applied. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I applied on yesterday March 5, for my sailing on QM2 for October 25 crossing.   I received a reply this morning that the credit had been applied. 

I've not heard back from Stockperks yet

Registered with Stockperks on 28/2 and submitted copy of share ownership which was acknowledged within a few days and application made for OBC.  Today received confirmation from Stockperks and Cunard that OBC has been applied to our cruise 27/5.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pear Carr said:

Registered with Stockperks on 28/2 and submitted copy of share ownership which was acknowledged within a few days and application made for OBC.  Today received confirmation from Stockperks and Cunard that OBC has been applied to our cruise 27/5.  

I'm getting the impression that most of us, and that includes many more of Cunard Facebook groups, are finding the system working and relatively easy to manage..

13 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

I'm getting the impression that most of us, ... are finding the system working and relatively easy to manage..

The initial installation of the app was a nightmare, but since then perfectly straightforward. I have just applied my initial uploaded statement to a second booking and within hours had both acknowledgement and confirmation emails. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

I'm getting the impression that most of us, and that includes many more of Cunard Facebook groups, are finding the system working and relatively easy to manage..

I agree - although initially I did wonder if it was a ploy to deter claims - call me cynical!

• Like 2

Mine came through today showing £150 instead of $250 for our 2 week voyage on Queen Victoria  - yet it states the onboard credit for Carnival Cruise Line, Costa Cruises, Cunard and Princess Cruises is determined based on the operational currency onboard the vessel and as Cunard is dollar based has anyone else had this? Our booking confirmation shows a credit of $150

Successful OBC Application to Itinerary

Dear ,

Congratulations! Your onboard credit of GBP 150.0 has been successfully applied to your reservation (Booking #: departing on 2024-05-13) on Cunard. 

Cunard looks forward to welcoming you onboard soon!

On 3/11/2024 at 11:35 AM, Colin_Cameron said:

The initial installation of the app was a nightmare, but since then perfectly straightforward. I have just applied my initial uploaded statement to a second booking and within hours had both acknowledgement and confirmation emails. 

Thank Goodness it wasn't only me who had a hassle trying to install the App 😅  Had to go to my local Apple store  - Thank goodness the young man (all of about  age 17) sorted it out for me 🥵 

Home now and downloading proof of ownership - I'll let you all know how successful I've been - Oh for those days when a simple email to Carnival House did the trick.

1 hour ago, Bell Boy said:

Thank Goodness it wasn't only me who had a hassle trying to install the App 😅  Had to go to my local Apple store  - Thank goodness the young man (all of about  age 17) sorted it out for me 🥵 

Home now and downloading proof of ownership - I'll let you all know how successful I've been - Oh for those days when a simple email to Carnival House did the trick.

Have you tried?

I wonder how all the folk without the technology to use this App, will manage. I have the technology, although possibly not the know how, but will continue using the same method I started with, a year ago.

It doesn't seem broken, so I won't try and fix it. 🙂

3 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Have you tried?

I wonder how all the folk without the technology to use this App, will manage. I have the technology, although possibly not the know how, but will continue using the same method I started with, a year ago.

It doesn't seem broken, so I won't try and fix it. 🙂

I did and they just referred me to Stockperks see below

RESPONSE EMAIL ONLY - PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL

Thank you for contacting Carnival UK, Shareholder Benefits inbox, please accept this as an auto acknowledgement to confirm your email has been received.

If your email relates to a request for your shareholder onboard credit benefit for your upcoming sailing, please see the information below regarding a change to our current process.

Carnival Corporation have partnered with Stockperks, an application that connects retail investors to public companies to bring an improved, onboard credit request process. As P&O Cruises and Cunard form part of the Carnival Corporation we are now migrating to a new way to request and redeem your shareholder benefit through Stockperks.
Full details of the Carnival shareholder benefit program via Stockperks are available at https://www.stockperks.com/carnivalcorp, including how to download the app and a video demo of how to upload your proof of CCL ownership in the app.

Below is some further information to assist you with understanding a little more about Stockperks.
What is Stockperks?
Stockperks is an app-based marketplace that connects public companies like Carnival with their retail investors. Companies create unique perks, like onboard credit for Carnival brand cruises, to reward their loyal shareholders.

Why is Carnival partnering with Stockperks?
Carnival has a successful shareholder benefit program with a high number of requests coming through each month which are currently all managed manually, therefore resulting in a longer response time for our guests.
Stockperks offers a much more automated and streamlined process ensuring these requests can be handled in a much more efficient way.
For reference, guests will follow these simple steps to submit their claim:

1. Download the app via the links on the webpage, or search for “Stockperks” in the app store
2. Once downloaded, create a Stockperks user profile
3. Then search for “Carnival” in the app, and select the cruise line the guest is traveling on
4. Click the blue button “Validate your portfolio” and they will be guided through the process of providing their CCL ownership details
5. Once confirmed, they can submit their claim for each eligible booking

Is Stockperks available on desktop?
No. Currently Stockperks is only available via mobile app (Android and iOS). However, Stockperks is developing an email and web based process that guests will be able to use in lieu of the app and this is expected sometime in March.

Is Stockperks secure?
The Stockperks service is governed by Stockperks’ Privacy Policy, Terms of Service, and may be subject to other Stockperks policies and terms. For information regarding Stockperks’ use and processing of your information, technical support, account setup, and all other questions regarding the use of Stockperks, please contact Stockperks at hello@stockperks.com

If you require any further support, please click on either of the below links for our current Contact Centre opening hours:
https://www.pocruises.com/contact-us
https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/contact-us

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

This thread should be retitled as stockholder’s benefits OBC has NOT been discontinued!

I disagree, the title is a question which has now been answered.

31 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

I disagree, the title is a question which has now been answered.

For now

But it does look like there will be an email option @Victoria2 hidden in my earlier post

Is Stockperks available on desktop?
No. Currently Stockperks is only available via mobile app (Android and iOS). However, Stockperks is developing an email and web based process that guests will be able to use in lieu of the app and this is expected sometime in March

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, rakkor said:

For now

But it does look like there will be an email option @Victoria2 hidden in my earlier post

Is Stockperks available on desktop?
No. Currently Stockperks is only available via mobile app (Android and iOS). However, Stockperks is developing an email and web based process that guests will be able to use in lieu of the app and this is expected sometime in March

Thanks.

I am assuming though, the company will have some regard for those who, for one reason or another, would not be able to complete this online.

I have a few elderly friends,  P&O aficionados, who would no more put any personal information with regards to anything remotely financial online,  than fly to the moon.

Internet banking...what's that etc etc.

Yes it's the C21st but not everyone is C21st internet competent.

Edited by Victoria2

12 hours ago, rakkor said:

I did and they just referred me to Stockperks see below

RESPONSE EMAIL ONLY - PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL

Thank you for contacting Carnival UK, Shareholder Benefits inbox, please accept this as an auto acknowledgement to confirm your email has been received.

If your email relates to a request for your shareholder onboard credit benefit for your upcoming sailing, please see the information below regarding a change to our current process.

Carnival Corporation have partnered with Stockperks, an application that connects retail investors to public companies to bring an improved, onboard credit request process. As P&O Cruises and Cunard form part of the Carnival Corporation we are now migrating to a new way to request and redeem your shareholder benefit through Stockperks.
Full details of the Carnival shareholder benefit program via Stockperks are available at https://www.stockperks.com/carnivalcorp, including how to download the app and a video demo of how to upload your proof of CCL ownership in the app.

Below is some further information to assist you with understanding a little more about Stockperks.
What is Stockperks?
Stockperks is an app-based marketplace that connects public companies like Carnival with their retail investors. Companies create unique perks, like onboard credit for Carnival brand cruises, to reward their loyal shareholders.

Why is Carnival partnering with Stockperks?
Carnival has a successful shareholder benefit program with a high number of requests coming through each month which are currently all managed manually, therefore resulting in a longer response time for our guests.
Stockperks offers a much more automated and streamlined process ensuring these requests can be handled in a much more efficient way.
For reference, guests will follow these simple steps to submit their claim:

1. Download the app via the links on the webpage, or search for “Stockperks” in the app store
2. Once downloaded, create a Stockperks user profile
3. Then search for “Carnival” in the app, and select the cruise line the guest is traveling on
4. Click the blue button “Validate your portfolio” and they will be guided through the process of providing their CCL ownership details
5. Once confirmed, they can submit their claim for each eligible booking

Is Stockperks available on desktop?
No. Currently Stockperks is only available via mobile app (Android and iOS). However, Stockperks is developing an email and web based process that guests will be able to use in lieu of the app and this is expected sometime in March.

Is Stockperks secure?
The Stockperks service is governed by Stockperks’ Privacy Policy, Terms of Service, and may be subject to other Stockperks policies and terms. For information regarding Stockperks’ use and processing of your information, technical support, account setup, and all other questions regarding the use of Stockperks, please contact Stockperks at hello@stockperks.com

If you require any further support, please click on either of the below links for our current Contact Centre opening hours:
https://www.pocruises.com/contact-us
https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/contact-us

That seems pretty fair to me and it's good to know the Carnival Corporation (aka Cunard & P&O) are at least keeping up with the game.

For myself,  a pretty senior senior, I have endeavoured to keep up with technology and found no problem not only adding 'Stockperks' to my iPhone but also claiming and getting confirmed OBC for an upcoming cruise.

I take the view that those 'elderly' folk who have not embraced IT technology over the years, and now appear to cry wolf,  have little to complain about if they find themselves left behind in the C21st world - whether it be P&O, Cunard, or any other cruise line operating similar technology.

I have a number of future cruises booked but only one with Cunard.  I'd be interested to learn from those with 'multiple' bookings whether or not the App will allow claims for OBC on cruises booked well ahead of the final payment date  as someone  previously suggested had been available through their stockbroker.

1 hour ago, Solent Richard said:

I'd be interested to learn from those with 'multiple' bookings whether or not the App will allow claims for OBC on cruises booked well ahead of the final payment date  as someone  previously suggested had been available through their stockbroker.

I can confirm we have 3 bookings this year - final payment has only made on one.  OBC has been applied successfully to all three bookings - the latest being November and actually took less than 24 hours to process and receive updated booking confirmation from Cunard.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/13/2024 at 11:53 AM, LittleFish1976 said:

Are they now bending the 3 month out from sailing rule?

I tried to claim shareholder OBC for my Februrary 2025 cruise in the app, that got me a pop-up saying come back in November you can only claim for cruises up to Dec 31st, so yes bending, but suggesting that there is a 3 month rule at the same time.

Edited by rakkor