Scooter needed

sixpackeddie

Can anyone share experiences with a walker with wheels and a little seat? Thanks..

note: Boarding at PEV 25 is a series of fairly steep  inclines.. Hold on to your wheelie bags or they may roll away!

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Can anyone share experiences with a walker with wheels and a little seat? Thanks..

note: Boarding at PEV 25 is a series of fairly steep  inclines.. Hold on to your wheelie bags or they may roll away!

You might want to start another thread since this one is about scooters

I'm currently on Summit with a SNAS scooter in a concierge cabin.  No problem.  The issue is avoiding being hit by the people who don't look up from their phones!  I already had two folks stumble into me....and I wasn't moving!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, hcat said:

You will get better responses if you post your query on the Disabled Cruise Travel board:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/114-disabled-cruise-travel/

48 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

You might want to start another thread since this one is about scooters

I thought it was related enough as an alternative,  but  now I see a better place to inquire  as suggested  below!  Will pursue that!

On 2/28/2024 at 9:10 AM, hcat said:

Too many are rented to folks who can't handle them.. Rental should require short training video or hands on &/or a dr's note.. they can be dangerous to the operator and others!

On a Silly sailing once, I witnessed a scooter do major damage to a persons heel and Achilles tendon... needless to say they had to go to the Medical Clinic (limping) for clean up and bandage... the 'I'm sorry' line was lame at that point... IMO.

bon voyage

2 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

I'm currently on Summit with a SNAS scooter in a concierge cabin.  No problem.  The issue is avoiding being hit by the people who don't look up from their phones!  I already had two folks stumble into me....and I wasn't moving!

At sea as on land... hopefully they did not severely injure themselves... 

bon voyage

I bring my own scooter on our cruises. It’s a Pride GoGo Elite Traveler, 3-wheeled. It comes apart in 5 pieces also, if necessary. This summer I’ll bring it on the Eclipse. I’ve had my scooter for a number of years but only in the last 7 years have I had to bring it on our cruises. I would strongly recommend some time before renting one for the cruise, that your aunt has some training on a scooter. That is very important. Because I’ve had my own scooter for a while, I’m very familiar with how to operate it safely. I don’t need to use my scooter in the cabin, and don’t need an accessible cabin. I use my cane for getting around in the cabin. We always book standard balcony cabins and I haven’t any problem getting into or maneuvering it inside the cabin yet. I think our cabin is slightly smaller than most cabins on other cruise lines though, but I know my scooter will at least fit through the doorway. Scooters cannot be kept outside of cabins for safety reasons. It’s a good idea to ask your steward for a door stop if there isn’t one in your cabin. I believe the scooter rental companies use the same, or a very similar scooter as the Pride scooter for the cruise ships.

I’ve already notified Celebrity that I will be bringing my scooter. All the info they needed was the overall length and width. Other cruise lines also require advance notification if one is disabled, in case of emergency. That way they can let the cabin steward know. 

3 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

Remember that on this class of ship the Concierge rooms are 10% larger than standard staterooms 

1 hour ago, fair-winds39 said:

I bring my own scooter on our cruises. It’s a Pride GoGo Elite Traveler, 3-wheeled. It comes apart in 5 pieces also, if necessary. This summer I’ll bring it on the Eclipse. I’ve had my scooter for a number of years but only in the last 7 years have I had to bring it on our cruises. I would strongly recommend some time before renting one for the cruise, that your aunt has some training on a scooter. That is very important. Because I’ve had my own scooter for a while, I’m very familiar with how to operate it safely. I don’t need to use my scooter in the cabin, and don’t need an accessible cabin. I use my cane for getting around in the cabin. We always book standard balcony cabins and I haven’t any problem getting into or maneuvering it inside the cabin yet. I think our cabin is slightly smaller than most cabins on other cruise lines though, but I know my scooter will at least fit through the doorway. Scooters cannot be kept outside of cabins for safety reasons. It’s a good idea to ask your steward for a door stop if there isn’t one in your cabin. I believe the scooter rental companies use the same, or a very similar scooter as the Pride scooter for the cruise ships.

I’ve already notified Celebrity that I will be bringing my scooter. All the info they needed was the overall length and width. Other cruise lines also require advance notification if one is disabled, in case of emergency. That way they can let the cabin steward know. 

When I was younger a Pro GoGo had a whole other meaning. 😇

12 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

On a Silly sailing once, I witnessed a scooter do major damage to a persons heel and Achilles tendon... needless to say they had to go to the Medical Clinic (limping) for clean up and bandage... the 'I'm sorry' line was lame at that point... IMO.

bon voyage

Similar to what happened to us.  A scooter driver ran over my wife's foot, resulting in several broken bones, major surgery, and loss of mobility for months.  The driver was drunk at the time and had been observed on several occasions running into people from behind and yelling "scooter coming thru, get out of the way"

• Thanks 1

Im in a Concierge cabin on Summit.  Ever since X removed the sofa and substituted the chair-and-a-half, the cabins have had lots of empty space on the balcony side if the bed. I had my cabin steward push the night stand and bed up to the edge of the chair and have oodles of room to park and swing around to exit nose first.  The plus is I can use the Euro plug that was behind the nightstand to charge; supplied my own adapter for it.  This is working out great!20240301_140434.thumb.jpg.d1f0f4850b1badb4d806e3ad26728ab8.jpg20240301_140441.thumb.jpg.9485168d5f06261fb425db98e907e024.jpg

• Like 2