3/1/24: Sharp Price Increases Today!!!

Have a fall TA.  Prices were down about $100pp.

The Med cruise in early September was up about $200.

Supply and demand combined with the dynamic pricing model sometimes creates bigger pricing moves.

My TA has very few cabins available in their group blocks for summer and fall.  Said bookings up some 30%.

What will be interesting is how many will cancel just before final payment date as most of her bookings are refundable deposits.

• Like 1

Booked on the Sun Princess for February 2025. I put the deposit down on a mini-suite for a family of 4 on December 30; I checked the price today and it's almost $1700 more!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

We have 8 cruises booked through Oct 2025 ranging from 11 to 34 days and none of them have gone either up or down in price the past few months. Maybe because we’re booked in either an M1 or S6 cabin? Don’t know. But I check every day too just in case any of them drop in price like they use to sometimes. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We have 8 cruises booked through Oct 2025 and none of them have gone either up or down in price the past few months. Maybe because we’re booked in either an M1 or S6 cabin? Don’t know. But I check every day too just in case any of them drop in price like they use to sometimes. 

All of our bookings are also M1.  Looks like we happened to pick popular long voyages (most are over 30 days and a couple are over 50 days)!  🤷‍♂️

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

They've got one month left for first quarter earnings?

The only impact to this quarter's earnings would be for the relatively few people booking March cruises at new, higher prices. Regardless of whether deposits or final payments have been made, Princess can't recognize revenue until people have actually cruised.

1 minute ago, LACruiser88 said:

Most of our bookings are also M1.  Looks like we happened to pick popular long voyages (most are over 30 days and a couple are over 50 days)!  🤷‍♂️

That’s it.  The really long ones went up the most.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Are these cruises that are going up in price in 2024 or 2025 or both? 

We only have 2 cruises booked -- one a cruise tour in May/June 2024 and another in 2026.  They both went up in price since yesterday.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

The only impact to this quarter's earnings would be for the relatively few people booking March cruises at new, higher prices. Regardless of whether deposits or final payments have been made, Princess can't recognize revenue until people have actually cruised.

Maybe people are booking with the FCC they received from the first two cancelled sailings of Sun Princess?

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Maybe people are booking with the FCC they received from the first two cancelled sailings of Sun Princess?

Whether it's a deposit, final payment, or FCC, it's still a liability for Princess until the passenger sails (or cancels and forfeits all or part of their fare).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We have 

19 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

2024, 2025, and one in March of 2026.

We have a 22-day Alaska B3B (separate bookings) in Apr 2024 on the Grand, 21-day Baltic B2B (sold out) in Jul 2024 on the Sky, 18-day Brazil cruise in Jan 2025 on the Majestic, an Alaska 11-day cruise booked in July 2025 on the Ruby, and a 32-day Tahiti cruise booked in Oct 2025 on the Sapphire.

Maybe there’s just not that big of demand to cruise on the Grand class ships, and our Sky cruise in the Baltic is sold out and who wants to cruise from Buenos Aires to Ft Lauderdale by way of Brazil. 😁

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, cruisinsince75 said:

Our November cruise on the Regal in a Mini didn't change.  However, the Premier package is now less money than the Plus.  Leads me to believe they are still monkeying with the numbers.

Screenshot2024-03-01152905.thumb.png.b165c2bfcdbe7e4f66c52451c0a8df83.png

Plus is $93 a day?  Has to be a glitch!

2 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Anyone onboard can tell us if they're still offering deep discounts on drop and go cruises and discounted Plus packages?

As of January 2023, Future Cruise has a very small list of Drop and Go cruises which are up to an extra 35% off the fares currently on the Princess website.  Most of them are long cruises.  04/05/24, 32 Days, Sapphire Princess to the South Pacific R/T LAX.  Majestic Princess repositioning, 21 to 33, days SYD/AKL to YVR/SEA leaving in April 2024.  There was also the ill fated 22 day World Cruise segment from Dubai to Rome in March 2024, as well.  

Princess stopped offering discounted Plus sometime mid last year.  Plus fares weren't supposed to be discounted and someone from Princess finally caught on.  Even then, not all discounted Plus fares were removed from the booking engine.  I have one last cruise booked using the 50% off promotion from last year, and when I try to convert it to the Plus Fare Package, it says "Please contact us or you travel advisor."  For cruises booked early on, I was able to add it no problem at $30 per day, plus the increase to the PVP, if purchased.

Screenshot 2024-03-01 141335.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2