Pirate's LIVE Mother/Daughter Cruise On The Horizon 3/10/24-3/16/24

14 hours ago, zencruisers said:

What a horrible way to end a vacation. I am glad you are both ok.

It was a bit of a sore ending for sure. But, we are lucky we both walked away from it! 

13 hours ago, MEUB1112 said:

Oh my gosh,  hope everyone is ok!

We are a bit stiff and sore and shocked but ok. 

3 hours ago, Frank12 said:

Sorry to see such a bogus ending to an otherwise great vacation. 😥

It ended with a bang (pun intended) for sure! 

2 hours ago, threewide said:

Glad you are all ok!

We are too! We got lucky! 

1 hour ago, SenatorsFan said:

Hope you are not too stiff and sore today. How is your grandma doing?

We are stiff & sore but realize we are lucky! 
Grandma is doing well according to my uncle. She was up & walking and following the orders of the docs & PT’s. We will be discussing if she needs to go to a rehab facility or if we can bring her home with someone watching her and helping her do the rehab here. 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

When my mother had a knee replacement there was no rehab space, so rehab came to the home.  EM

That may be the case for us, we will see. 

1 hour ago, Knights on the Beach said:

So so sorry about the crappy ending to your vacation! I loved following along on your cruise and my heart sank when I saw the pictures of your car. 😭

Thank you for following along. 

• Like 1

Oh! I have some good news to share! 

When Chris arrived to rescue us last night and we went to get everything out of the car (everyone is assuming it’s totaled and we won’t see it again) I realized “Ohhhhhh snap….my BRAND NEW iPad was in the trunk, just thrown into a side pocket of my super small hotel bag, pretty much unprotected. The side of the bag the iPad was on was facing the back of the car. They tugged and they pried and they wrenched to get that trunk to pop open, and when it did I was SHOCKED at the mess inside. Bags were all over and not how we had arranged them, and I just grabbed my stuff and tossed it in Rammit (Chris’s truck). 

This morning I decided to go ahead and unpack, do laundry, and re-pack for my Vista cruise in 3 weeks (Can that one PLEASE be less chaotic than this one??) and I unzipped that side pocket expecting the worse…but my iPad is intact and working! Hallelujah! I can drop my dang iPhone off a stack of hay bales onto a soft dirt floor and have it break, but the iPad can survive a 65-70 mph rear-end collision…hmmm. I’m impressed. 

• Like 22

10 minutes ago, tradewinds traveler said:

I followed you everyday on your cruise. I was so shocked about your accident. Just as long as you & your mom are doing good is all that matters. Take care.

Thank you for following!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pirate4me2 said:

Oh! I have some good news to share! 

When Chris arrived to rescue us last night and we went to get everything out of the car (everyone is assuming it’s totaled and we won’t see it again) I realized “Ohhhhhh snap….my BRAND NEW iPad was in the trunk, just thrown into a side pocket of my super small hotel bag, pretty much unprotected. The side of the bag the iPad was on was facing the back of the car. They tugged and they pried and they wrenched to get that trunk to pop open, and when it did I was SHOCKED at the mess inside. Bags were all over and not how we had arranged them, and I just grabbed my stuff and tossed it in Rammit (Chris’s truck). 

This morning I decided to go ahead and unpack, do laundry, and re-pack for my Vista cruise in 3 weeks (Can that one PLEASE be less chaotic than this one??) and I unzipped that side pocket expecting the worse…but my iPad is intact and working! Hallelujah! I can drop my dang iPhone off a stack of hay bales onto a soft dirt floor and have it break, but the iPad can survive a 65-70 mph rear-end collision…hmmm. I’m impressed. 

You name your vehicles as well?  My black SUV is Bagherra (from the panther in Jungle Book) and my Mercedes convertible is Sexy Sadie.  My DDs named them😉

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

You name your vehicles as well?  My black SUV is Bagherra (from the panther in Jungle Book) and my Mercedes convertible is Sexy Sadie.  My DDs named them😉

The wife and I name our cars as well...the Honda is known as my car and the Mazda is known as her car.

• Like 3
  • Haha 19

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

We do! Rammit is Chris’s truck, “if you can’t dodge it, ram it!” My dear sweet truck isn’t very creative…she’s red, and I just call her Red.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Oh wow what a terrible way to end a cruise week. 

Glad to hear you are both ok and safe at home. I am sure both of  you will feel a little more aches and pains today. Looks like you were hit pretty hard. 

I hope you are taking a few days off.

Edited by #55worktoplay
Typo
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

Oh wow what a terrible way to end a cruise week. 

Glad to hear you are both ok and safe at home. I am sure both of  you will feel a little more aches and pains today. Looks like you were hit pretty hard. 

I hope you are taking a few days off.

I am back to the grind today, saving that beloved PTO for more cruises! LOL. I am pretty darn stiff today tho. 

• Like 2

I am really sorry for all the issues/sickness on your cruise and have no words for the accident on the way home.  That being said, happy to hear grandma is on the mend and no significant injuries from the accident (car looks severe and I think you two were lucky for sure).  Hopefully you will be over your stiffness/sore body from the accident by time you leave for next cruise in a few weeks. 

We headed ashore at 11:15 and our goal was to find the pharmacy to get mom some amoxicillin. 

This reminds me that each time we are in Amber Cove we head to the drug/pharmacy in port to stock up on Z-Paks ($25 a pak) to take home.  So much easier to have them on hand and ready to go for sinus infections or whatever without a trip to the doctor's office for sure.  Glad you were able to find something for her.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Drazil65 said:

I am really sorry for all the issues/sickness on your cruise and have no words for the accident on the way home.  That being said, happy to hear grandma is on the mend and no significant injuries from the accident (car looks severe and I think you two were lucky for sure).  Hopefully you will be over your stiffness/sore body from the accident by time you leave for next cruise in a few weeks. 

We headed ashore at 11:15 and our goal was to find the pharmacy to get mom some amoxicillin. 

This reminds me that each time we are in Amber Cove we head to the drug/pharmacy in port to stock up on Z-Paks ($25 a pak) to take home.  So much easier to have them on hand and ready to go for sinus infections or whatever without a trip to the doctor's office for sure.  Glad you were able to find something for her.  

Yes, I feel that we got lucky accident wise for sure. To be able to walk away with just some bruises (we each have a few that have now appeared from seatbelts & my knee hitting the steering wheel) and sore muscles is pretty lucky. 

This was my first time purchasing antibiotics in a foreign country. We went to the shop in the port, and man where they hustling!!

7 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

Maybe see if you can schedule a relaxation massage for yourself.

Good idea!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pirate4me2 said:

Yes, I feel that we got lucky accident wise for sure. To be able to walk away with just some bruises (we each have a few that have now appeared from seatbelts & my knee hitting the steering wheel) and sore muscles is pretty lucky. 

This was my first time purchasing antibiotics in a foreign country. We went to the shop in the port, and man where they hustling!!

Good idea!!

Did you need to know your dosage or was the pharmacist able to advise you?  Asking for a friend😉

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Did you need to know your dosage or was the pharmacist able to advise you?  Asking for a friend😉

Just don't say dose as they might hear dos and they'll double up your order. 

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

I had my recent dosage instructions for my sinus infection and my pneumonia, so we went with the sinus infection one. 🙂

3 hours ago, jimbri said:

Glad you are both OK

Thank you!

• Like 1