Pirate's LIVE Mother/Daughter Cruise On The Horizon 3/10/24-3/16/24

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from pirate4me2! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: . . When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

pirate4me2 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Hello, my Cruise Critic  family!

I am here yet again to help you all deal with either your post-cruise blues or your “my cruise isn’t approaching fast enough” blues. How do I plan to help with those problems, you ask? By letting you live vicariously through MY live review of this cruise, of course! Sure, you have to mix up your own cocktails, cook your own meals, and make your own bed, but at least you will ALMOST feel like you are on a ship…right?

This is another mother/daughter adventure. I finally convinced my mom to come back to Carnival, despite her newfound love of MSC and their Yacht Club. It was a battle y’all, I almost didn’t think I would win. She only conceded when I promised her a Havana cabin and a drink package. Darn, MSC really spoiled her….she even keeps saying that I will have to be her butler for the week! She is in for a wake up call tho….she will discover real quick if she asks for a drink to be delivered, she better believe that glass will be empty by the time it gets to her!

So, as I said, we are staying in a Havana cabin, a “patio” as I like to call them, on deck 5. I am psyched for the location, it’s #5239, and is the last one before the pool area….score! Just steps to the pool & hot tubs, steps to the Havana bar…I will hardly ever leave the Havana area! Honestly, a cabin in Havana is the only way I will sail a Vista-class ship….I absolutely love that outdoor oasis! Carnival nailed it when they designed the ships with that area, but then they went and ruined it on the Excel class. Makes me so sad. But whatever, I digress.

Those who have followed previous mother/daughter reviews I have done know that Mom and I mainly go on these trips to get away from our husbands and relax, we do not book a lot of excursions ahead of time….but we always manage to get into SOMETHING and some kind of trouble will follow us. We either get kicked out of high tea (*cough cough* I am not the typical MSC Yacht Club passenger quality, haha), a major hurricane hits and the trip gets extended, we drink too much and pass out drunk then wake up the next morning covered head to toe in glitter (neither of us STILL know what happened there!), or we end up doing something crazy neither of us has ever done (jet skis on the ocean? Cliff diving?). We have a blast, some good bonding time, and at the end of the week we both miss those husbands that we gripe about during “real” life (could you BE any sloppier Chris?) and are ready to get back to the farm and jobs that run us ragged until the next vacation. In this particular case, that next vacation is only 20 days away from the time we get back from this one, but don’t let me get ahead of myself. But hey, spoiler alert: there is a Girls’ Cruise review on the horizon! Well, not really on THE horizon that we all know and love, that one will take place on her sister ship Vista, but you all know what I mean. I think you do anyway….now I am rambling…oh heck, let’s just get this review started!

• Like 33

5 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

We'll be following along! 😀

Always an honor to have a famous Cruise Critic reviewer following one of my reviews! 😁

55 minutes ago, Frank12 said:

Bring it on!

Welcome aboard!! 

8 minutes ago, SenatorsFan said:

I'm here, too! 😊We had a great time on our Horizon cruise in 2018.

I cruised on her too in 2018, with mom. We had a wonderful time. Then in December Chris and I agreed we love the ship, there is just something really good about it!! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jenjer said:

Bring it on...I need to know what adventurers befall you

Hopefully something fun-filled! 

5 minutes ago, mamiamjo said:

Following along. Looking forward to it! 🙂

Thanks for joining! 

3 minutes ago, edspec said:

Great start @pirate4me2!

Thank you!!

13 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Really looking forward to your review since Craig and I will be on Horizon on Level 5, in a Havana Cabana in January!!  Yippie!!

You will LOVE it. It's my favorite way to sail! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

Hello, my Cruise Critic  family!

I am here yet again to help you all deal with either your post-cruise blues or your “my cruise isn’t approaching fast enough” blues. How do I plan to help with those problems, you ask? By letting you live vicariously through MY live review of this cruise, of course! Sure, you have to mix up your own cocktails, cook your own meals, and make your own bed, but at least you will ALMOST feel like you are on a ship…right?

This is another mother/daughter adventure. I finally convinced my mom to come back to Carnival, despite her newfound love of MSC and their Yacht Club. It was a battle y’all, I almost didn’t think I would win. She only conceded when I promised her a Havana cabin and a drink package. Darn, MSC really spoiled her….she even keeps saying that I will have to be her butler for the week! She is in for a wake up call tho….she will discover real quick if she asks for a drink to be delivered, she better believe that glass will be empty by the time it gets to her!

So, as I said, we are staying in a Havana cabin, a “patio” as I like to call them, on deck 5. I am psyched for the location, it’s #5239, and is the last one before the pool area….score! Just steps to the pool & hot tubs, steps to the Havana bar…I will hardly ever leave the Havana area! Honestly, a cabin in Havana is the only way I will sail a Vista-class ship….I absolutely love that outdoor oasis! Carnival nailed it when they designed the ships with that area, but then they went and ruined it on the Excel class. Makes me so sad. But whatever, I digress.

Those who have followed previous mother/daughter reviews I have done know that Mom and I mainly go on these trips to get away from our husbands and relax, we do not book a lot of excursions ahead of time….but we always manage to get into SOMETHING and some kind of trouble will follow us. We either get kicked out of high tea (*cough cough* I am not the typical MSC Yacht Club passenger quality, haha), a major hurricane hits and the trip gets extended, we drink too much and pass out drunk then wake up the next morning covered head to toe in glitter (neither of us STILL know what happened there!), or we end up doing something crazy neither of us has ever done (jet skis on the ocean? Cliff diving?). We have a blast, some good bonding time, and at the end of the week we both miss those husbands that we gripe about during “real” life (could you BE any sloppier Chris?) and are ready to get back to the farm and jobs that run us ragged until the next vacation. In this particular case, that next vacation is only 20 days away from the time we get back from this one, but don’t let me get ahead of myself. But hey, spoiler alert: there is a Girls’ Cruise review on the horizon! Well, not really on THE horizon that we all know and love, that one will take place on her sister ship Vista, but you all know what I mean. I think you do anyway….now I am rambling…oh heck, let’s just get this review started!

The only hurricane ye encounterin' be filled with four shots of rum at least!  Arrrrr!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

The only hurricane ye encounterin' be filled with four shots of rum at least!  Arrrrr!

Just 4 shots? C'mon, make it a cat 5 at least! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Along for the cruise!  Loved the Horizon Havana area.  Looking forward to living vicariously through you, as I do with all the "live" reviews!

2 hours ago, pe4all said:

Along for the cruise!  Loved the Horizon Havana area.  Looking forward to living vicariously through you, as I do with all the "live" reviews!

Thanks for coming along!! 

2 hours ago, princess76021 said:

I'm here! This should help lift my spirits!

Hugs from Texas

I hope it helps!! 
Hugs coming your way from NC.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MEUB1112 said:

Following, always great reviews. 

Thank you!!! 

8 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Here is our pirate contribution:

IMG_5616.png

I love it!!

Pre Cruise Info: Our ports of call this cruise were originally  Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. We are doing the 6 day run for the Horizon, which I just did in December.  However, due to Magic’s incident with the pier in Ocho Rios, we received notice on February 9th that our call was changed to Falmouth, which is about an hour from OR. Most excursions will still be able to go as planned, but Mom and I know we are staying on the ship that day. We do have 1 “formal” excursion booked for the port of Cozumel. Chris and I rarely do a Carnival excursion in this port because we have our “go-to” places (Mr. Sanchos and Paradise Beach), but Mom is not really a beach person. She gets bored at those places, so I found a Carnival excursion that sounded good to me…Fury Catamaran and Beach. It has enough beach time for me to get my inner mermaid happy, and enough “something different” for Mom. We shall see how it goes! 

IMG_1658.jpeg

• Like 6

The part of Carnival's letter that concerns me is "if your tour is impacted, you will be notified on board".  Can't Carnival notify the impacted people now so they don't have to scramble?

The Fury Catamaran and Beach sounds great!!