Pirate's LIVE Mother/Daughter Cruise On The Horizon 3/10/24-3/16/24

Following along.  It appears you and your Mom have quite the adventures on your cruises!  I apologize now, because I don't think I've ever read any of your previous reviews.  Now I fear you have added more things to my to-do list - go back and read your past reviews!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

The part of Carnival's letter that concerns me is "if your tour is impacted, you will be notified on board".  Can't Carnival notify the impacted people now so they don't have to scramble?

The Fury Catamaran and Beach sounds great!!

Yes, I am glad we do not have anything planned for Jamaica because I am such a pre-planner that I would be stressing about "is my excursion impacted?" I would not want to be trying to scramble last minute to find something while onboard when I want to be relaxing and enjoying the activities! 

34 minutes ago, kpark895 said:

Following along.  It appears you and your Mom have quite the adventures on your cruises!  I apologize now, because I don't think I've ever read any of your previous reviews.  Now I fear you have added more things to my to-do list - go back and read your past reviews!

Our best and most unique cruise unfortunately doesn't have a review, it was our Vista adventure in 2017 that had the glitter incident as well as being impacted by Hurricane Irma. I was doing post-cruise reviews back then, but my soul dog passed away very unexpectedly as we were traveling home and I was not in the head space to do a review after. HOWEVER....if you want a good read, I think my absolute best, most laugh-filled review is probably our dysfunctional family vacation review aboard the Dream in 2019....we had 3 first time cruisers and 2 newly-single uncles with us, and it was....well, dysfunctional! We had so many laughs and learned so much about each other on that sailing. 

Edited by pirate4me2
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@pirate4me2...this is gonna be LOTS of FUN....nothing like girl time  for sure!

Years ago I did the Fury catamaran excursion, lots of fun and lots of  rum punch!

Oh goodie, I love rum punch!! 

45 minutes ago, zencruisers said:

Following along! 🙂

Welcome aboard!

• Like 1

I hope when my daughter grows up we'll have the kind of relationship you have with your mom. Looking forward to seeing what kind of hijinks y'all get into. 

I find that spring break memo somewhat reassuring. Hopefully it leads to more people second guessing their bad decisions.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, carohs said:

I hope when my daughter grows up we'll have the kind of relationship you have with your mom. Looking forward to seeing what kind of hijinks y'all get into. 

I find that spring break memo somewhat reassuring. Hopefully it leads to more people second guessing their bad decisions.  

I’m very lucky with the relationship we have! I think some of it’s because she did have me young, so we are just 16 years apart in age. But we also have alot of common interests which helps! 

I hope the memo helps people second guess bad decisions too. I will admit I’ve been lucky so far on my voyages

and not witnessed any really bad behavior like I’ve heard others talk about, but I know there’s always that chance. 

• Like 5

I don't think I've read any of your reviews, but you seem like my kind of people! Following along as I'll be on the Horizon for the first time in September! Also in a Havana cabana for the first time. 🙂

7 hours ago, pblack said:

I don't think I've read any of your reviews, but you seem like my kind of people! Following along as I'll be on the Horizon for the first time in September! Also in a Havana cabana for the first time. 🙂

Welcome aboard! If you have any questions you’d like me to try and find answers to, feel free to ask! 🙂 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

Our best and most unique cruise unfortunately doesn't have a review, it was our Vista adventure in 2017 that had the glitter incident as well as being impacted by Hurricane Irma. I was doing post-cruise reviews back then, but my soul dog passed away very unexpectedly as we were traveling home and I was not in the head space to do a review after. HOWEVER....if you want a good read, I think my absolute best, most laugh-filled review is probably our dysfunctional family vacation review aboard the Dream in 2019....we had 3 first time cruisers and 2 newly-single uncles with us, and it was....well, dysfunctional! We had so many laughs and learned so much about each other on that sailing. 

Thanks for the advice - just bookmarked your Dream review, and I promise I will get to it (eventually!).

Pre Cruise Hotel: I decided to try out the Intercontinental in Doral this go-round. They have a park and cruise package that includes breakfast for 2, free parking for up to 14 days, and a $25 Uber credit to get you to the port. It sounded like a good deal to me, so let’s see how it goes! The address for the hotel is 2505 North West 87th Ave in Doral.  We will see how it is come Saturday! 

• Like 9

22 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

Huh, I’ve sailed during spring break before and don’t remember getting this advisory. Hopefully things won’t be too crazy onboard! 

IMG_1708.png

IMG_1709.png

We got a similar email last year when we sailed in March. Nothing really new in there though, just Carnival trying to set the expectations up front (people don't always listen though, do they?). I'm sure all will be fine and you guys will have a great time! 🙂