Pirate's LIVE Mother/Daughter Cruise On The Horizon 3/10/24-3/16/24

5 hours ago, mamiamjo said:

We got a similar email last year when we sailed in March. Nothing really new in there though, just Carnival trying to set the expectations up front (people don't always listen though, do they?). I'm sure all will be fine and you guys will have a great time! 🙂

We will hopefully have a blast. 🙂 

5 hours ago, vanislandcruisers said:

Wishing you and your Mom a GREAT Cruise!!!!

Looking forward to reading and following along.

Thank you!! 

2 hours ago, rzyjzq said:

Looking forward to your review and adventures with your mom!  

Susan

Thanks for following along! 

It's the last work day before vacation, and I have a feeling it is going to drag. Ugh c'mon 5:30!! I have lots to do before my butt-crack of dawn departure tomorrow morning. For some reason I saved all my pre-cruise chores for today. Not smart, Steph, not smart at all. Laundry, dishes, loading up the car with my luggage (Oh yeah, gotta remember to put a swimsuit in there....somehow I forgot, and that could be important!), shaving, pulling the pre-portioned pet food out of the freezer for the Hubs...ugh. You know what, I think I will leave the laundry and dishes for him to do while I am gone....surely he won't be a total slob and pile even more on top of them while I am away....

• Like 2
  • Haha 15

32 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

It's the last work day before vacation, and I have a feeling it is going to drag. Ugh c'mon 5:30!! I have lots to do before my butt-crack of dawn departure tomorrow morning. For some reason I saved all my pre-cruise chores for today. Not smart, Steph, not smart at all. Laundry, dishes, loading up the car with my luggage (Oh yeah, gotta remember to put a swimsuit in there....somehow I forgot, and that could be important!), shaving, pulling the pre-portioned pet food out of the freezer for the Hubs...ugh. You know what, I think I will leave the laundry and dishes for him to do while I am gone....surely he won't be a total slob and pile even more on top of them while I am away....

Since the swimsuit was an afterthought, remember a cover up, flip flops, sunscreen, visor/hat and sunglasses.  I know, it's been pretty gray and rainy here in the Carolinas so get that sun gear in order, girlie!😎

35 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

The last work day before vacation is always the worse.  Like you, I save everything till the last minute.  I'm usually still packing while the hubs is in the car honking for me.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, maxandmolly said:

Along for the ride!   Have a blast!

Thank you! Glad to have you along!

Just now, ninjacat123 said:

Since the swimsuit was an afterthought, remember a cover up, flip flops, sunscreen, visor/hat and sunglasses.  I know, it's been pretty gray and rainy here in the Carolinas so get that sun gear in order, girlie!😎

Haha the flip flops are in there (I live in them in warm weather so no way was I forgetting them!), and sunscreen is in as well. I never use a visor or hat, but the sunglasses and cover up are now on the list! Thanks for the tip!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

The last work day before vacation is always the worse.  Like you, I save everything till the last minute.  I'm usually still packing while the hubs is in the car honking for me.

Hahaha I use to pack a month or so in advance of my vacation, then unpack and re-pack it 1-2 times. Then somehow it got to be I'd pack 2 weeks before, and unpack and re-pack maybe once. Now I am down to packing the week of vacation and praying I don't forget anything because I don't have time to unpack and re-pack. Hopefully I don't get even worse and start packing just the day before, or worse yet, day of, departure! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@pirate4me2....so glad you opted for the Live....heck you haven't even left home yet and you are up to page 3....see you are loved!

Final work day will go by, remember you are on the east coast, time change this weekend, but not here in Arizona!

Good reminder!  Thanks Hogladyrider!

36 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@pirate4me2....so glad you opted for the Live....heck you haven't even left home yet and you are up to page 3....see you are loved!

Final work day will go by, remember you are on the east coast, time change this weekend, but not here in Arizona!

Hahaha I am kind of glad I opted to go live too. I feel the love!! 

34 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Good reminder!  Thanks Hogladyrider!

Hey, this means we skip forward an hour so I get on the ship an hour sooner! Heck yeah!!!!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, pirate4me2 said:

Hahaha I use to pack a month or so in advance of my vacation, then unpack and re-pack it 1-2 times. Then somehow it got to be I'd pack 2 weeks before, and unpack and re-pack maybe once. Now I am down to packing the week of vacation and praying I don't forget anything because I don't have time to unpack and re-pack. Hopefully I don't get even worse and start packing just the day before, or worse yet, day of, departure! 

We pack the day before. I usually start pulling things out sometime earlier in the week and lay them out on the bed in the guest room. Then when the pile gets too big, I have to put some stuff back in the closet. Then pull some of it back out again. LOL But nothing in the suitcase until the day before. Unless we have overnight guests staying with us the day before a cruise or trip, then we have no choice.

I hope I haven't asked this already, but are you an ECU Pirate? 

So happy to see your LIVE and glad I made here it before the cruise starts! 🙂

10 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

We pack the day before. I usually start pulling things out sometime earlier in the week and lay them out on the bed in the guest room. Then when the pile gets too big, I have to put some stuff back in the closet. Then pull some of it back out again. LOL But nothing in the suitcase until the day before. Unless we have overnight guests staying with us the day before a cruise or trip, then we have no choice.

I hope I haven't asked this already, but are you an ECU Pirate? 

So happy to see your LIVE and glad I made here it before the cruise starts! 🙂

Not an ECU Pirate, I just chose this screen name after my horse, Pirate. 🙂

• Like 1

I had grand plans to go to bed early last night, but my uncle and hubby kept me up playing cards and having a few “beginning of vacation” shots and I didn’t crawl in bed until around 10:30. Then hubby had a fire call and got back home around midnight, so my 2:30 alarm came wayyyyy too quick. I stumbled around and said goodbye to KatiePuff and Divya but forgot to tell Chris bye when I left at 3:02. Oops. 

I arrived at Mom’s at 3:12, and after being slobbered by her rotten Rottweilers we left at 3:31. It was pouring rain, and the first 3 hours of driving were awful. The interstate was not shedding water so we had to take it slow. We stopped in Orangeburg, SC at 6:22 for gas, and a quick egg & cheese biscuit from McDonalds. We continued on and once we got into GA the rain stopped. 

We stopped at 10:15 in Jacksonville, FL at my favorite horse tack store to stretch our legs, potty, and spend some moolah. We passed over the big scary bridge (random Stephanie fact: I HATE bridges) and stopped at 12:11 for Subway lunch. 

Now we are somewhere past Cape Canaveral but not to Miami, and it’s clouding up again. Mom is on a mission to spot a gator or a “swirly”, aka waterspout or tornado…I dunno why she wants to see one, or thinks she will. I think the lack of sleep has her a little looney. I just want to get to the hotel in one piece. 

IMG_8431.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Haha 4

Where is that steel truss bridge?  I don’t remember one on the way to Port Canaveral.  I was so glad when they replaced the ones in Charleston.  EM

47 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Where is that steel truss bridge?  I don’t remember one on the way to Port Canaveral.  I was so glad when they replaced the ones in Charleston.  EM

Jacksonville, FL. It’s the Hart Bridge