Off-the-wall luggage tag question

Posted (edited)

We recently printed out our luggage tags for our Millennium cruise coming up in a couple of weeks...

I noticed that these tags, along with the ship/sailing/cabin number, said "Captains Club".

I thought, I could swear, they used to be worded differently...So, luckily, I found I still had a tag from my December Eclipse cruise.

And, lo and behold, that one didn't say "Captains Club".  The Eclipse tags, in that spot, said "Concierge Class"...

Just to add specifics, we are, and have been for both of these cruises, ELITE PLUS Captains Club...and for BOTH of these cruises, we are in Concierge Class cabins...So, nothing has really changed.

So, who knows why the change in the tag format?  Or, is it just lack of consistency?

Edited by Bruin Steve

• Bruin Steve changed the title to Off-the-wall luggage tag question

We board the Millennium on March 28 to start a B2B.  We do not have the words "Captain's Club" on the tags.  We are Zenith members of the Captain's Club and are traveling in a Suite.  I find it best not to overthink situations like this.  The luggage will find us.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

We board the Millennium on March 28 to start a B2B.  We do not have the words "Captain's Club" on the tags.  We are Zenith members of the Captain's Club and are traveling in a Suite.  I find it best not to overthink situations like this.  The luggage will find us.

We are on that same B2B--March 28 to April 9 and April 9 to April 21.  I'm not worried about the luggage getting there...just curious about the inconsistency.  I don't know what good it does for them to print "Captains Club" on the tags. Everyone gets to be a member of Captains Club after one cruise...Seems like the overwhelming majority of passengers will have Captains Club on their tags...Unless they are just wildly inconsistent on the same cruise. 

34 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

We recently printed out our luggage tags for our Millennium cruise coming up in a couple of weeks...

I noticed that these tags, along with the ship/sailing/cabin number, said "Captains Club".

I thought, I could swear, they used to be worded differently...So, luckily, I found I still had a tag from my December Eclipse cruise.

And, lo and behold, that one didn't say "Captains Club".  The Eclipse tags, in that spot, said "Concierge Class"...

Just to add specifics, we are, and have been for both of these cruises, ELITE PLUS Captains Club...and for BOTH of these cruises, we are in Concierge Class cabins...So, nothing has really changed.

So, who knows why the change in the tag format?  Or, is it just lack of consistency?

They gave you the special tags.  Hope we meet along the way again.  I continue to refuse to print tags and check them at the pier.

5 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

...So, luckily, I found I still had a tag from my December Eclipse cruise.

As someone who likes to live in a clean and organized environment I am still wrapping my head around the fact that our OP has luggage tags from a December cruise in their home.  We use plastic luggage tags sleeves.  When on the ship, while we are unpacking, those paper luggage tags inserts are removed from the plastic sleeves and immediately tossed into the waste paper basket.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

As someone who likes to live in a clean and organized environment I am still wrapping my head around the fact that our OP has luggage tags from a December cruise in their home. 

Actually, I didn't have old paper tags.  It was a file on my computer.  When the tags are available, I save them to a file so I can type in my name in the blank space provided, then print out the file and insert them into my plastic tag holders.  Every now and then, I clean out the old, no longer needed files...but I still had this one from December--it's less than 90 days old.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

We use plastic luggage tags sleeves.  When on the ship, while we are unpacking, those paper luggage tags inserts are removed from the plastic sleeves and immediately tossed into the waste paper basket.

Same here...

luggage tags.jpg