Question about laundry service

kstrittm

On 3/14/2024 at 3:23 PM, Firstin87 said:

Had O do our laundry on a cruise last year.  Sure enough, took 3 days and it came back practically vacuum packed, so very wrinkled.  Was glad the laundry room had an ironing board.

The reason the laundry room is closed later at night is to be considerate of cabins nearby.  The loud door slamming and possibly sound of the machines would not be welcomed by passengers who are trying to sleep.

Thanks - that makes sense.  I was on a cruise one time with Princess; my suite was located across the hall from the laundry room.  It was extremely noisy and people refused to leave the door closed - it was like it became the "cool place to hang out" on the ship that trip.  

Many cruise lines have a laundry option where there is a bulk price "by the bag."  On these lines you might pay $30 for an entire laundry bag (you stuff in as much possible).  Does O ever have this kind of deal?

Hank

3 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Many cruise lines have a laundry option where there is a bulk price "by the bag."  On these lines you might pay $30 for an entire laundry bag (you stuff in as much possible).  Does O ever have this kind of deal?

2 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

I haven't seen that and I've been on 8 O cruises. You inventory everything in your bag as shown on the price list above and pay accordingly based on the item. If you're in a Concierge Veranda and above, you'll get a certain number (I think it's 3) of complimentary laundry bags up to 20 items per bag. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

They also have self serve laundry rooms on each deck, I think, which are free to use and soap etc is provided.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Vallesan said:

They also have self serve laundry rooms on each deck, I think, which are free to use and soap etc is provided.

Only the O and A ships have self service laundries on most decks.  On the R ships, it's only on one deck...7, I think, but I haven't checked the deck plans to make sure it's  7.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Vallesan said:

That is a good thing although DW and I prefer not to spend cruise time in a laundromat :).  But that is the price we will have to pay since we are O Virgins in a lower category cabin.   

10 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

That is a good thing although DW and I prefer not to spend cruise time in a laundromat :).  But that is the price we will have to pay since we are O Virgins in a lower category cabin.   

You might just meet some great people in the ‘laundromat’ !

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hlitner said:

We had them do a bag of laundry for us. It came back kinda dull looking so won't be repeating that.