Review of the Vista

6 hours ago, EJL2023 said:

Plus 1 here, agree with all indicated. Same for us. 

Loved much of Vista but will likely not cruise her again due to pervasive noise between cabin issue. Two cruises..unable to sleep until late at night when neighbor decided to turn off TV...happened on both cruises..even when I talked to my neighbor and he showed me TV was turned very low...volume less than 10. Told by staff problem is pervasive... all over the ship. So if you are lucky and have neighbors who are quiet and do not turn on TV...you will not have the problem...seems strictly a matter if luck...a chance I will no longer take.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2024 at 9:35 AM, pinotlover said:

Fwiw, it’s been posted here multiple times, by multiple cruisers, that lobster on Oceania is typically best avoided. I see you have learned that for yourself.

Ditto. Surf and Turf had gristly turf - my table and several others on 3/16 voyage 11 nights. Main lobster MUSHY. BUT the Florida Lobster tail grilled in TC was wonderful. Texture like big prawns. They had those too. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2024 at 10:04 PM, edgee said:

Loved much of Vista but will likely not cruise her again due to pervasive noise between cabin issue. Two cruises..unable to sleep until late at night when neighbor decided to turn off TV...happened on both cruises..even when I talked to my neighbor and he showed me TV was turned very low...volume less than 10. Told by staff problem is pervasive... all over the ship. So if you are lucky and have neighbors who are quiet and do not turn on TV...you will not have the problem...seems strictly a matter if luck...a chance I will no longer take.

Thank You.

Oceania and Regent new ships, the same issues, new ships built in the same Yard, ALL NCL, Oh yes.

1 hour ago, QuestionEverything said:

Thank You.

Oceania and Regent new ships, the same issues, new ships built in the same Yard, ALL NCL, Oh yes.

Actually...ALL Prestige Cruise Holdings (Oceania and Regent Seven Seas). Oh yes.

You see NCL used have its ships built by Meyer Werft . Solid German engineering and craftsmanship...noise not a problem. Built like the proverbial brick $*%#house.

Then Prestige Cruise Holdings was merged into NCLH and not long thereafter PCH's executives...Frank Del Rio and his minions...were put in charge of NCLH. The PCH guys apparently prefer their ships to be built by Fincantieri in Italy. Their ships are prettier...who knows, maybe cheaper too, but maybe not nearly so good on engineering and reliability fronts. So, NCL's newest ships as well and Oceania's and Regent's are all built by Fincantieri, and all have these problems.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sirlancelot said:

BUT the Florida Lobster tail grilled in TC was wonderful. Texture like big prawns. They had those too. 

My husband had that three nights in a row IIRC 🙂 And we had the prawns also. And a lamb chop 🙂