Go Green Program

Kmangel

Asked Chat GPT to write the OPs novel in one sentence::

Despite participating in the Go Green Program three times, only receiving extra points once, experiencing distinct service changes indicating participation, and the room attendant acknowledging enrollment, Celebrity Cruises refuses to award points without proof, leading to a decision to cease participation due to lack of recognition"

We were on a cruise about five weeks ago. As soon as we met our room attendant, we mentioned we would like to participate in the Go Green program. To make sure we were enrolled, we even went to guest services that first evening to make our request known. The guy told us it wasn’t necessary to tell them but to make sure he rang through to the relevant department to confirm. 
Since returning home, we have been awarded our 30 points, (10nights x3), but there is no sign of the extra 3.  Normally, wouldn’t be too bothered but we are sitting at 297 points so the extra three will take us to Elite for our next sailing. Have emailed CC but no response yet. 

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Despite participating in the Go Green Program three times, only receiving extra points once, experiencing distinct service changes indicating participation, and the room attendant acknowledging enrollment, Celebrity Cruises refuses to award points without proof, leading to a decision to cease participation due to lack of recognition"

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I rather like the cabin being serviced Twice a day.

The (potential) extra CC points would not be worth giving that up. 

I Do add extra Tips to my cabin attendant over the ones included in the cruise package. 

We are at Elite+ and will not Live long enough to attain the next level.

Posted (edited)

I absolutley do NOT GO GREEN! Yes- I want my stateroom service twice a day. Yes I want my towels changed daily. I don´t care about any points or whatever. When I am a honest Green Person- I do not go on cruises. In my book this "' Go Green" nonsense is just to save the cruise line some bucks and has nil consequences for anything " Green"!

I also tip the stateroom attendant extra- if it is earned- if not- it´s just the standart tip.

Edited by Germancruiser

16 minutes ago, Germancruiser said:

I absolutley do NOT GO GREEN! Yes- I want my stateroom service twice a day. Yes I want my towels changed daily. I don´t care about any points or whatever. When I am a honest Green Person- I do not go on cruises. In my book this "' Go Green" nonsense is just to save the cruise line some bucks and has nil consequences for anything " Green"!

I also tip the stateroom attendant extra- if it is earned- if not- it´s just the standart tip.

As far as I know, unless they've changed it, Go Green includes towels and trash in the evening.  Just not a full cleaning.

14 hours ago, abbydancer2003 said:

As far as I know, unless they've changed it, Go Green includes towels and trash in the evening.  Just not a full cleaning.

Your experiences are identical to mine. We have always gotten twice daily service in the Go Green program. I do not know what the evening service consists of, but I have  not noticed any difference at all from the traditional service. I do not need the extra points and enroll in the program as a small (tiny) way to minimize our environmental impact and to make the cabin attendant's life a little easier. 

15 hours ago, abbydancer2003 said:

Never noticed a difference on service with or without go green.  Towels are always fresh, room made up or turn downed etc.  Always have fresh wine glasses in the room.  

21 hours ago, D. B. said:

I rather like the cabin being serviced Twice a day.

The (potential) extra CC points would not be worth giving that up. 

I Do add extra Tips to my cabin attendant over the ones included in the cruise package. 

We are at Elite+ and will not Live long enough to attain the next level.

You do still get cleaning service twice daily, I was told by a stateroom attendant the only difference is they don't wipe everything down again unless it's wet/dirty

30 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

You do still get cleaning service twice daily, I was told by a stateroom attendant the only difference is they don't wipe everything down again unless it's wet/dirty

Thank you for that Information. I will sign up for it. 

I have 10 Future Celebrity cruises booked for the next 19 months but mostly Solo so I'm never going to make the top CC points level.

From all the time on here  that people say they never received the CC points I'm thinking of hand printing a note that "Mr. ____has signed up for the GoGreen offer" with the Date, Ship Name and booking number and have my Cabin Attendant hold it  up so his name tag and face are visible and take a photo with my cell phone?😏

Let Celebrity tell me I need proof and I will have it?

1 hour ago, D. B. said:

From all the time on here  that people say they never received the CC points I'm thinking of hand printing a note that "Mr. ____has signed up for the GoGreen offer" with the Date, Ship Name and booking number and have my Cabin Attendant hold it  up so his name tag and face are visible and take a photo with my cell phone?😏

Let Celebrity tell me I need proof and I will have it?

I was thinking of asking to take a photo of whatever list the cabin attendant has, for the same reason!

In hindsight, I think it would have been a good idea to get something in writing even though Guest Relations were rather surprised when we mentioned it to them as well as our room attendant. Now it is their word against ours as we try to get the points due to us. I did say this to the Celebrity consultant on the phone and he said they do have ways of finding out if we had elected to go on program. Guess we’ll see if he was correct. 

2 hours ago, Tyler414 said:

I have signed up for this on my last several cruises and have received my 3 bonus points for each cruise.

Ditto!

16 hours ago, lovedecruise said:

In hindsight, I think it would have been a good idea to get something in writing even though Guest Relations were rather surprised when we mentioned it to them as well as our room attendant. Now it is their word against ours as we try to get the points due to us. I did say this to the Celebrity consultant on the phone and he said they do have ways of finding out if we had elected to go on program. Guess we’ll see if he was correct. 

I have no proof that I signed up for the program.  Have others received written verification?  I did receive points on one of our cruises, but I don’t recall getting anything confirming we were on the program.  What I do know is we had poor room service on our latest cruise compared to all our previous cruises, but I did not complain because I thought it was because we were on the Go Green program.  

On 3/9/2024 at 12:53 PM, abbydancer2003 said:

You got your Go Green, plus double points.  2*35 = 70 plus 5 = 75.  The Go Greens are not doubled.  We had the same thing with a week on \the Apex. 

In fact yes we did!  Unknown to me, we booked an "Open" booking on board last year and we chose a cruise within the specified timeframe in that offer and obtained double points.  A happy suprise.