Sun Princess

On 5/24/2024 at 12:00 AM, reedprincess said:

Yup, just recoding different category staterooms.  

It happens on all the ships at different times, not a big deal.  

That's when Sanctuary Club officially begins and the deck plans will reflect those cabin categories....

Technically the signature sun deck gets merged into the sanctuary, but I’m not sure what physical barriers actually separated those areas currently.

12 minutes ago, keldaria said:

Technically the signature sun deck gets merged into the sanctuary, but I’m not sure what physical barriers actually separated those areas currently.

The Sanctuary is already fully open to Suite guests. The "barrier" was mainly a short fence type/gate - and basically completely ignored for Suite guests.   There's nothing to merge, as it's essentially already that way..  no real structural changes happening, as there aren't any real structural changes to make.. 

On 4/25/2024 at 12:10 AM, Esprit said:

As a lowly Deluxe Balcony Sun passenger this August I do have some sympathy for all you rich "Suite" people. The Sanctuary situation aboard the Sun is turning into a right "Dog's dinner" of a mess.

But surely there will be many Suite guests who will happily make the most of their extra large balconies and the extra deck space afforded to those with Cabana rooms, instead of making a "B line" to the Sanctuary every day!

Whilst I have enjoyed the Sanctuary aboard Regal Princess on a couple of days, I won't miss it on the Sun. Instead I will happily "Slum it" up in the Sea View terrace. 

That's 3 of us!(⁠•⁠‿⁠•⁠)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/22/2024 at 8:17 PM, keldaria said:

I think this particular fact is undersold, especially for wine drinkers. Don’t get me wrong there is plenty of choices on the menu for plus options and this is typically where most cruisers land. However if you like wine and want to sample some higher end bottles, then Premier is a great way to do it.

You can always pay the difference on each drink if you are on plus

13 hours ago, Globaler said:

You can always pay the difference on each drink if you are on plus

You can but there is a difference in mind set between the idea of something being included and something being an up charge.

ill happily sample the catalog when its included in my package, where as I'm not necessarily going to pay extra to try something I’m not sure I’ll like.

6 hours ago, keldaria said:

You can but there is a difference in mind set between the idea of something being included and something being an up charge.

ill happily sample the catalog when its included in my package, where as I'm not necessarily going to pay extra to try something I’m not sure I’ll like.

Well both people in the cabin have to have premier and I’m a beer drinker so the double cost to me doesn’t wash with the cost difference. The up charge is still a better deal even if a few samples are wasted!

I would upgrade from Plus to Premier in a heartbeat if you got 2 specialty meals per week. But they give you 2 specialty meals per booking and I’m doing a 2-week cruise so, no.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pixelskaya said:

I would upgrade from Plus to Premier in a heartbeat if you got 2 specialty meals per week. But they give you 2 specialty meals per booking and I’m doing a 2-week cruise so, no.

Is it possible to book it as two one-week sailings as a b2b? Then you’d get double the dinners and sometimes the fare is cheaper. 

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

Is it possible to book it as two one-week sailings as a b2b? Then you’d get double the dinners and sometimes the fare is cheaper. 

It's not cheaper for us in the UK. I'd get less Shareholders OBC too. 

For the sake of two additional specialty dinners it's a balls ache to achieve! 

6 hours ago, Esprit said:

It's not cheaper for us in the UK. I'd get less Shareholders OBC too. 

For the sake of two additional specialty dinners it's a balls ache to achieve! 

Yes that would be true for military OBC as well. I think the last time that breaking it up worked to our advantage was when we had booked as two 14-days sailings instead of a 28 day. 

On 5/30/2024 at 6:59 PM, dides said:

Looks like they are debuting the third of the four production shows on Sun Princess tonight - Viva La Musica 

image.png.b974364a7dc80a761f69adcb7e3c86bd.png

Nice any idea on the fourth?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Globaler said:

Nice any idea on the fourth?

The CD said that all four will be up and running this summer..so Stagestruck - the musical theatre one - should hopefully be coming soon.

Edited by dides

2 hours ago, dides said:

The CD said that all four will be up and running this summer..so Stagestruck - the musical theatre one - should hopefully be coming soon.

Thanks - I’m sailing on the 8th🤞

1 hour ago, Globaler said:

Thanks - I’m sailing on the 8th🤞

Ahh I think that might be too hopeful lol - they would have to bed in the third one first!

10 hours ago, Chusquer Xerez said:

Could someone please tell me the latest time to leave the ship in Athens? My flight to Istanbul leaves at 15:30

9.30 was the latest time slot on the disembarkation sheet

• Like 1