Transportation Reykjavik, Iceland

What transportation has anyone used to get from the airport to the pier? Transportation offered through Celebrity has airport pick-up only at 1pm. 

5 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

Just a slight correction if you are searching for it; it is https://www.rome2rio.com/

Thanks - I am glad you posted this.  For those looking at the bus to the bus terminal - you would still need a taxi to the port.  When we went to Sky Lagoon we needed a ride to the bus terminal, then a bus ride to the spa.  

Be aware that taxis are unbelievably expensive in Reykjavik and if attempting to board a cruise there likely to have a long wait.  In 2022 it took up.to 3 hours to get a $50 taxi ride to go a few miles!  Organize a transfer to the port with your hotel.

Grayline runs shuttles to town and back from the airport.  Hiring a car?  Airport pickup best and downtown airport drop off.  Give someone there some $$ to drop you at the port.

Important, arrange parking ahead of time with your hotel.  Many hotels in the centrum have limited parking.  Ours had 130 rooms and 5 parking spaces for guests.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SbbquilterUT said:

Thanks - I am glad you posted this.  For those looking at the bus to the bus terminal - you would still need a taxi to the port.  When we went to Sky Lagoon we needed a ride to the bus terminal, then a bus ride to the spa.  

Nah, the bus shuttles transfer to smaller vans with drop off at the cruise terminal.  https://www.re.is/tour/flybus/

Rome2Rio is useful to start an inquiry, but there info can be WAAAAY out of date.  I was searching for ferry info yesterday and R2R gave me schedules and prices, etc, for a service that was terminated in 2021.

So always follow up with the actual provider before you fully rely on them

1 hour ago, Nitemare said:

Rome2Rio is useful to start an inquiry, but there info can be WAAAAY out of date.  I was searching for ferry info yesterday and R2R gave me schedules and prices, etc, for a service that was terminated in 2021.

So always follow up with the actual provider before you fully rely on them

So true - I use it to get the website of the actual operators for current information.