Heathrow Transfers

Where can I find the option to book LHR to Southampton transfers?  I booked directly with Princess so after doing some searcing on this forum I think I should be able to see the option in the cruise personaliser? Cant find it though and I dont really want to call them.

1.  You will need to call Princess to add the transfers since you booked directly with Princess.  Surprised it was not automatically added at booking.  They are not listed under excursions.  Did you check your booking document?

2.  Transfers from LHR are only available day of cruise.  

If you are coming in a day or two earlier (highly recommended), you will either need to make your own arrangements or stay overnight near the airport or Victoria Station.  

Transfers are automatic when booking a pre-cruise hotel through Princess.

I also booked directly with Princess and have seen the option to add the transfers after logging in and selecting 'manage this booking' or something like that.  But it's kind of hidden under the 'flights' tab - just have to scroll down and it's below the EZAir section.  For other lines it's been under 'excursions' so it took me a bit to find it for Princess.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KaiBlue said:

I also booked directly with Princess and have seen the option to add the transfers after logging in and selecting 'manage this booking' or something like that.  But it's kind of hidden under the 'flights' tab - just have to scroll down and it's below the EZAir section.  For other lines it's been under 'excursions' so it took me a bit to find it for Princess.

Thanks, Ive had another look and there is definitely nothing there. Guess I will have to contact them...

We book directly with Princess and have been able to book our own transfers online, including Southampton/LHR in October 2023, so it's been fairly recently.  

I notice you are in the UK so maybe your options are different, but in the US I can see transfers under the 'Flights' tab.  When I click on the 'Flights' icon, it opens up the 'Flights and Transfers' tab, and at the bottom I am able to select my own transfers.  I cut off the bottom of the screen as it contains our names which I don't want to post on this forum 🙂 

Screenshot 2024-03-12 8.34.20 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-12 8.35.17 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-12 8.30.48 AM.png

I have booked this transfer *many* times myself, having booked directly with Princess.  As @KaiBlue states, it is located in your cruise personalizer on the "Flights" tab.  Scroll down *under* the flight info and you should see it.  If things are different in the UK (as @Paula_MacFan suggests)...then I guess you will have to call Princess to get it booked.  I would be surprised that this type of booking feature would not be available for the UK...but once again, they did not consult me! 😄

• Haha 1

I book through a TA.  On my page, it says to contact my TA.  

Transfers

Princess offers convenient transportation to and from the ship – usually in the form of a motorcoach or van. This service can be arranged through your Travel Agent.

1 minute ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Transfers

Princess offers convenient transportation to and from the ship – usually in the form of a motorcoach or van. This service can be arranged through your Travel Agent.

Yes...I discovered this tidbit a few months ago when I was trying to help someone else with where to find transfers.  If you book through a TA then you *must* go back through that TA to book the transfer.  Seems such a simple thing...and not something that one would *think* is "encroaching" upon the business of said TA.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Transfers

You have to use your TA to book transfers if you don't book direct with Princess. It's been that way since we started cruising many years ago and were using a TA then.

The OP stated they booked directly with Princess, that's why I shared the screenshots earlier for those who book direct.

Edited by Paula_MacFan
  • Like 1

Well  I spoke to Princess in the end and all they said was that transfer booking is not available online. I did get everything sorted over the phone though.

looking at some of the screenshots provided above my cruise personaliser bears little to no resemblance. Probably is a UK thing after all

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I thought you only got airport transfers IF you're booked at the Princess hotel?

We booked our own hotel in Southampton, so booked National Express coach from Heathrow to Southampton.

Very easy to do online.

Edited by CalLuvsCrusingToo
  • Like 1

We booked transfers to Heathrow at the same time we booked our cruise.  Port to LHR was $56 but I wish I knew where the shuttle drops you off.  It's a huge airport.  We're staying at Aerotel which is convenient to Terminal 3 for departure the next day.

21 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I have booked this transfer *many* times myself, having booked directly with Princess.  As @KaiBlue states, it is located in your cruise personalizer on the "Flights" tab.  Scroll down *under* the flight info and you should see it.  If things are different in the UK (as @Paula_MacFan suggests)...then I guess you will have to call Princess to get it booked.  I would be surprised that this type of booking feature would not be available for the UK...but once again, they did not consult me! 😄

This put a smile on my face this morning.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

I thought you only got airport transfers IF you're booked at the Princess hotel?

No, Princess offers transfers without booking their hotel package.  Ours were $59 from Southampton to LHR in October 2023 but it sounds like from other recent reports the prices have increased to >$64 now. 

Maybe I've misunderstood your post. 

Edited by Paula_MacFan
  • Like 1

I can't recall ever booking a Princess hotel package (strangely, we *have* with other lines) but we have *very* often used their transfers, especially the Victoria Coach Station to Southampton run (and return). Yes, I believe that the price has gone up from the previous $59.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, puggymom said:

What are the pick up points at LHR?  Thinking of flying in the day before and booking hotel at LHR. 

If you are staying at a hotel at LHR, you will have to make your way back to the airport terminal for the transfer to Southampton.

Your Travel Summary will indicate the meeting points and time for the transfer to Southampton, usually around 10:30am.   You check in with the reps, they give you a ticket or sticker indicating which bus to board.   There are seats available while waiting for your group to board.   All very controlled.  Our transfer was a little delayed due to the buses coming from Southampton arriving late because of traffic.

We are wavering between taking the transfer (quoted at $68pp each way) from Victoria Coach or taking the train from Waterloo to Southampton and grabbing a cab to the pier.  Also considering taking the train back to London and then the tube back to LHR as our flight doesn’t leave until 4:30 that afternoon and I don’t particularly fancy sitting in Heathrow of six or more hours (also don’t want to do a ShorEx). Anyone have any experience taking the train/tube?  And, in general, what time would the transfer leave the port for LHR?  Thank you for any input.

5 hours ago, Paula_MacFan said:

No, Princess offers transfers without booking their hotel package.  Ours were $59 from Southampton to LHR in October 2023 but it sounds like from other recent reports the prices have increased to >$64 now. 

Maybe I've misunderstood your post. 

I'm looking at my receipt for 5/19/24 transfer from Southampton port to LHR and the cost is $56.  I wish somebody would answer my request as to where the Princess shuttle delivers us at the airport.  My American flight leaves the next day from Terminal 3.  I don't have the stamina to call Princess because it may not be in their script.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Kellyann said:

I'm looking at my receipt for 5/19/24 transfer from Southampton port to LHR and the cost is $56.  I wish somebody would answer my request as to where the Princess shuttle delivers us at the airport.  My American flight leaves the next day from Terminal 3.  I don't have the stamina to call Princess because it may not be in their script.

Maybe you booked before they raised prices?  IDK, only know mine was $59 last fall and we paid for it a long time prior to the cruise as it was initially supposed to sail in 2020 but was postponed several times due to covid shutdown. 

As far as where you get dropped off -- we were asked what airline we were on and they dropped us at that gate.  

Edit to add -- here's one of the threads where prices for 2024 have been discussed.  

Edited by Paula_MacFan

2 hours ago, kiwimum said:

Your Travel Summary will indicate the meeting points and time for the transfer to Southampton, usually around 10:30am.   You check in with the reps, they give you a ticket or sticker indicating which bus to board.   There are seats available while waiting for your group to board.   All very controlled.  Our transfer was a little delayed due to the buses coming from Southampton arriving late because of traffic.

This is a copy of the info in our Travel Summary from September 2023.  The transfer took well over 2 hours due to traffic.

IMG_2189.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, puggymom said:

What are the pick up points at LHR?  Thinking of flying in the day before and booking hotel at LHR. 

1 hour ago, Gramps25 said:

We are wavering between taking the transfer (quoted at $68pp each way) from Victoria Coach or taking the train from Waterloo to Southampton and grabbing a cab to the pier.  Also considering taking the train back to London and then the tube back to LHR as our flight doesn’t leave until 4:30 that afternoon and I don’t particularly fancy sitting in Heathrow of six or more hours (also don’t want to do a ShorEx). Anyone have any experience taking the train/tube?  And, in general, what time would the transfer leave the port for LHR?  Thank you for any input.

National Express Coach leaves from an area between T2 & T3 or just outside T5. Uber from their stop in Southampton directly to the port is around £5. Too Easy

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ombud said:

National Express Coach leaves from an area between T2 & T3 or just outside T5. Uber from their stop in Southampton directly to the port is around £5. Too Easy

Having the Princess shuttle door to door sounds the easiest for me.  There is a Hilton attached to T2 that I stayed in 2022. I like the idea of staying there and walking back to the terminal the next day. 

I have 2 trips out of Southampton next year. The 2nd one I’ll stay a few days in London the day before and use International Friends. They were great pre and post cruise last time. 

I am about convenience even if it costs more 

• Like 1