Aft suites on the Voyager

We are looking at aft suites on the Voyager. The only cabins left on the sailing we want are on deck 6 and 10. How bad is the noise at night from the lounge below deck 6? For deck 10 the outdoor seating for Veranda is above so how much privacy is there? Any other recommendations would be appreciated. It will be our first Regent cruise.

Posted (edited)

We had 14 nights in an aft suite, don’t recall much, if any vibration tbh. The only noise was when docking - anchor, thrusters etc - early morning usually but it wasn’t a serious issue. It’s a ship, at sea, there are noises.

I think there can be some minor vibration at a particular speed when cruising but, as I say, it wasn’t noticeable to us. The SS Aft suites are very good vfm & the views are spectacular. I’d take another any time. Indeed, we were happily booked in a PH C for 38 nights in 2026 until the cruise was subsequently amended to our detriment, so we cancelled. I wouldn’t forfeit an aft suite just because of occasional external noise, that can occur anywhere, anytime tbh.

Edited by Pies4u
  • Like 1

We were on the Navigator and the aft suites had a lot of vibration and noise.  But I was told many people love that ship.  Seems similar in size to the Voyager but can't say.  I'm sticking with the Splendor, Grandeur and Explorer going forward although Mariner was nice too.

• Like 1

Hello, Sachasmom! We were on the Voyager in 785 Penthouse C aft December, 2019 (right before COVID). We did not notice any sound at night from any lounges. The vibrations were minimal. Pies4u is correct, mostly noise and vibrations during docking times. We were in the South China Sea (notorious for choppy conditions) and we had no problems with vibrations while at sea. We love the Voyager and have been on her six times and the Explorer two times. I believe that the Navigator is the oldest of the Regent ships. The Mariner is the closest in size and layout to the Voyager, but not exact. We enjoyed the little bit of extra room in the Penthouse C as opposed to our regular Concierge D. We also loved the slightly larger balcony. The staff in August, 2023 on the Voyager (Iceland to UK), was top notch. Go for it!

We also had the Penthouse C on Voyager and loved our aft location. If you are sensitive to vibrations, I suggest choosing mid ships. But if aft is the only choice, I would take it in a heartbeat.

2 hours ago, asnaleah said:

We also had the Penthouse C on Voyager and loved our aft location. If you are sensitive to vibrations, I suggest choosing mid ships. But if aft is the only choice, I would take it in a heartbeat.

Thanks. Do you remember which deck you were on? I’m not at all worried about vibrations. Looking at deck 10 and wondering about noise and privacy from Veranda above.

5 hours ago, mslamb52 said:

Hello, Sachasmom! We were on the Voyager in 785 Penthouse C aft December, 2019 (right before COVID). We did not notice any sound at night from any lounges. The vibrations were minimal. Pies4u is correct, mostly noise and vibrations during docking times. We were in the South China Sea (notorious for choppy conditions) and we had no problems with vibrations while at sea. We love the Voyager and have been on her six times and the Explorer two times. I believe that the Navigator is the oldest of the Regent ships. The Mariner is the closest in size and layout to the Voyager, but not exact. We enjoyed the little bit of extra room in the Penthouse C as opposed to our regular Concierge D. We also loved the slightly larger balcony. The staff in August, 2023 on the Voyager (Iceland to UK), was top notch. Go for it!

Hi mslamb52. Thanks so much. I’ve always wanted to stay in an aft cabin. This trip is a special occasion so thought great opportunity to check off that bucket list item.

7 hours ago, ChatKat in Ca. said:

I recall vibration in the aft suites...

Thanks ChatKat. Not too worried about vibrations. More about other noise.  

Regards a Canadian snowbird who is also in Palm Desert. 

• Like 1

I don’t know about Voyager but when I was getting ready to book a Horizon View suite on Mariner, which has a somewhat similar layout, I asked pretty much the same question you did. 

the feedback I received was that rooms above the bandstand in the Horizon Lounge heard music late at night and folks on deck 10 furniture being moved in La Veranda. I don’t know how this info relates to Voyager. 

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

... Navigator ... Seems similar in size to the Voyager but can't say. ...

There is a vibration issue aft on Navigator.  It bothers some more than others.
I think Steve mis-typed.  Voyager and Mariner are almost identical in size and number of passengers.  Navigator is significantly smaller than either of these two.
The main differences between Voyager and Mariner are that Voyager's cabins are a bit larger and Mariner's public spaces are a bit larger.
The newer ships, Splendor etc., are a bit larger still both in size and number of passengers.

Edited by DavidTheWonderer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Sachasmom said:

Thanks ChatKat. Not too worried about vibrations. More about other noise.  

Regards a Canadian snowbird who is also in Palm Desert. 

Yeah, that's what I said before I was on Voyager. Good luck

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

There is a sticky thread at the top of the Regent forum with a review of Voyager suites. Take a look, And enjoy your cruise!

Edited by PhD-iva
Edit
  • Like 1

This may be very obsolete information, but here goes, for what it’s worth. Twenty years ago, we cruised the Voyager. We were given a Horizon suite (as it was then called) on deck 7 right on the aft in the corner on the port side, though we had booked a smaller suite. The suite was beautiful, but when the ship cruised at 20 knots or over, the whole suite shook. Not really vibration — a shaking. Enough to make items fall off tables and shelves. And in that itinerary, it cruised at 20+ knots a lot. There was no problem in the public areas. I took a walk to see how far toward the bow I could feel the shaking. I found it disappeared in the area of the laundry rooms. I hope that problem has been resolved long ago. But I have never seen reports stating that it has been fixed. Thus, I report it now.

• Like 1

When staying on the 6th floor in an aft suite (SS in the corner) there was a lot of vibration and some noise.  We loved the room and especially the wrap around deck bit not the vibration and noise.  On a later we stayed in the same suite on a higher floor and was not a problem but the wrap around corner deck was not as spacious.  There was some vibration but it didn’t bother us and no noise issues.  To be transparent this was pre Covid not recently.

• Like 1