Are there any catamaran snorkel shore excursions on QM2 when in the Caribbean?Also Is there an age limit?

bunny76

We mostly chose our cruises according to the ports. We are avid snorkelers and while we do snorkel from the beach, we particularly enjoy catamaran snorkel trips. I know that some catamaran trips on other cruise lines have an age limit of 70 or 75yrs. There are several Cunard Caribbean cruises that I am interested in.

Does anyone know if there are snorkel catamaran trips on Cunard Caribbean cruises ( QM2 or possibly Queen Victoria)and whether these have age limits?.I did phone Cunard but was told it is not possible to see the shore excursions available until I have booked and made a deposit. However I was told if I book and don't find any catamaran snorkel trips or that they are over my age limit I cannot cancel the cruise without losing my deposit, even if I am very quick looking at the shore excursions online.(They would not look for me). Other cruise lines let you see the available shore excursions and age limits before you book the cruise- so why not Cunard? 

Perhaps someone who is on a Caribbean cruise on QM2, (or Queen Victoria) or has been recently, could tell me if there are any such shore excursions?

Also does the online 14 day cooling off period for distance shopping not apply to cruises?

If you are from U K There is no 14 day cooling off period and the distance shopping rules do not apply.  Cunard do not offer refundable deposits as laid out in their T & C s . The only time that I have received a full refund of a deposit was because my daughter who was to be with me would be over 24 weeks pregnant at the time of the cruise and was not pregnant at the time of booking. I had to send in medical evidence but refund was quick. 

I have participated in QM2 catamaran snorkeling excursions in both Barbados and St. Lucia in the past.

Unfortunately age limits on active type excursions are becoming quite common.

Sometimes booking directly with the tour boat can circumvent this restriction but not in all cases.

I think sometimes the age limits are imposed by the cruise line's insurer, and not the vendor.

Do some research to find independent snorkel trips. I have found that ship snorkels tend to use large boats and get large groups. I had a terrible time on one in St Thomas. The crowd was too large, people bumping into each other. As an experienced snorkeler, I was shocked at what passed for "instruction" for novices. It was so bad it bordered on irresponsible. 

Google is a start but ask people who have experience with the ports you'll be visiting. Join your roll call and see if anyone there has found some good tours. Look at the Caribbean port of call board to see what people there are recommending. That's how I chose Sea Cow in Bonaire and it was so good in every way, I didn't want to go back to the ship and continue the cruise--I wanted to stay there to do it all again the next day. 

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, bunny76 said:

We mostly chose our cruises according to the ports. We are avid snorkelers and while we do snorkel from the beach, we particularly enjoy catamaran snorkel trips. I know that some catamaran trips on other cruise lines have an age limit of 70 or 75yrs. There are several Cunard Caribbean cruises that I am interested in.

Does anyone know if there are snorkel catamaran trips on Cunard Caribbean cruises ( QM2 or possibly Queen Victoria)and whether these have age limits?.I did phone Cunard but was told it is not possible to see the shore excursions available until I have booked and made a deposit. However I was told if I book and don't find any catamaran snorkel trips or that they are over my age limit I cannot cancel the cruise without losing my deposit, even if I am very quick looking at the shore excursions online.(They would not look for me). Other cruise lines let you see the available shore excursions and age limits before you book the cruise- so why not Cunard? 

Perhaps someone who is on a Caribbean cruise on QM2, (or Queen Victoria) or has been recently, could tell me if there are any such shore excursions?

Also does the online 14 day cooling off period for distance shopping not apply to cruises?

Happy to assist. For Barbados - Take a wonderful limited 12 maximum pax large Cat sail, including lunch, drinks, swim, snorkel, etc., etc with. 

https://www.elegancebarbados.com

or

https://silvermoonbarbados.com

or

https://calypsocruisesbarbados.com

Note to self… Check out start times of each operator to fit one’s docking times

I just snorkelling, then - https://www.tranquilitycruises.com

Book early as popular with island holiday makers, in addition to cruisers.

For other Caribbean islands, switch over to the applicable island on CC for various threads with information.

Specific questions can also be answered there, rather than under Cunard.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Alternative