on-line checkin

20 minutes ago, DennysDad said:

You are lucky. My App (Same sailing) Says March 19th, but website says March 20th. So going to check at midnight both.

I noticed the same one day discrepancy on check-in date between the app and the web site (the app was one day earlier) for several weeks but just recently, they synched up to the same date (the one the web site had been showing all along). As mentioned, I would go with the earlier date and see what happens.

• Like 1

Mine used to say the 19th. Then switched to the 20th. 🤬 Good luck! Report back I’ll be awake. Lol

Yes! Can’t wait. I’ll be the one looking for a quiet away in the sun. 

• Like 1

I had a weird checkin incident 2 wks ago. We were aboard Allure and ready to checkin for our next cruise in April.  We had wifi… I was on the app when checkin said open at about 12:10 am.  After refreshing the app multiple times, a set sail pass appeared with a checkin time of 1pm.  But I never entered any info or had the screen pop up to select my checkin time.  So went down to GS to ask if they ever heard of this.. getting a set sail pass without checking in. GS agent said “ you can’t checkin for another cruise while aboard a cruise… something to do with IT”.  How did we get set sail passes without entering any info to check in?? We went to the concierge lounge in the morning to use the desktop computer… logged in, entered info and picked 11:30.  The set sail pass on my app immediately changed from 1pm to 11:30.  I’ve never had issues checking in before, but I’ve always checked in from home. On the other social media site, people were posting checkin times of 10:30 just after 12am, so no issues checking in “on land”  Was the GS agent correct or is it Royal’s IT problems again? Has this happened to anyone else?

7 minutes ago, TeamCan said:

I had a weird checkin incident 2 wks ago. We were aboard Allure and ready to checkin for our next cruise in April.  We had wifi… I was on the app when checkin said open at about 12:10 am.  After refreshing the app multiple times, a set sail pass appeared with a checkin time of 1pm.  But I never entered any info or had the screen pop up to select my checkin time.  So went down to GS to ask if they ever heard of this.. getting a set sail pass without checking in. GS agent said “ you can’t checkin for another cruise while aboard a cruise… something to do with IT”.  How did we get set sail passes without entering any info to check in?? We went to the concierge lounge in the morning to use the desktop computer… logged in, entered info and picked 11:30.  The set sail pass on my app immediately changed from 1pm to 11:30.  I’ve never had issues checking in before, but I’ve always checked in from home. On the other social media site, people were posting checkin times of 10:30 just after 12am, so no issues checking in “on land”  Was the GS agent correct or is it Royal’s IT problems again? Has this happened to anyone else?

As I now understand it (only in the past hour) it has to do with time zones.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, DennysDad said:

As I now understand it (only in the past hour) it has to do with time zones.

I’ve always checked in at midnight in the time zone the ship leaves from and have had no problems. In my case checkin was 12amEST and it was12amEST on the ship. I was ready waiting for the app to say checkin open and when it did, I tried to checkin and after a few minutes was given set sail passes without “checking in” and without the option of selecting a checkin time..was assigned 1pm.  I could see others posting 10:30 times on FB while I was trying to refresh the app. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TeamCan said:

I’ve always checked in at midnight in the time zone the ship leaves from and have had no problems. In my case checkin was 12amEST and it was12amEST on the ship. I was ready waiting for the app to say checkin open and when it did, I tried to checkin and after a few minutes was given set sail passes without “checking in” and without the option of selecting a checkin time..was assigned 1pm.  I could see others posting 10:30 times on FB while I was trying to refresh the app. 

Could be the app having a problem pinpointing your location/time zone etc at sea? Just now tonight finding out about the app being time zone sensitive. But Royals IT is an endless mystery. LOL.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DennysDad said:

Could be the app having a problem pinpointing your location/time zone etc at sea? Just now tonight finding out about the app being time zone sensitive. But Royals IT is an endless mystery. LOL.

That’s a possibility. We also tried our Ipad to checkin in on royalcaribbean.com, but kept getting the spinning anchor logo thing and couldn’t log in. It may have been the wifi… it was slow on the ship. Agree…. Royals IT is an endless mystery 😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Woozisuzi said:

What time should I am to check in, 2/3 hours after arrival?

Check in online should open 45 days before sail date around midnight Barcelona time. Check in at the pier must be done no later than about 90 minutes before departure.

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Check in online should open 45 days before sail date around midnight Barcelona time. Check in at the pier must be done no later than about 90 minutes before departure.

Thanks, so I don't actually have to provide a time that I will be arriving on the ship?

Just now, Woozisuzi said:

Thanks, so I don't actually have to provide a time that I will be arriving on the ship?

No, the online check in is optional. You can show up without even checking in at least 90 minutes before departure. There might be a port which enforces check in times (don't think Barcelona is one of them), in which case it would be good to pick a time.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DennysDad said:

You are lucky. My App (Same sailing) Says March 19th, but website says March 20th. So going to check at midnight both.

Did it let you check in?

5 hours ago, erby2283 said:

Did it let you check in?

Ok, so I went in but couldn't.

According to Facebook posts.

The theory is if your app says 19th and Website says 20th, it's because of your time zone. I'm CST. So my app says 19th because it's saying I can check in on March 19th (11pm). Because on website 45 days is officially March 20th (Check in at midnight). Problem is it just says 19th on app. And that makes you feel like 19th all day. I always knew I had to compensate for EST because it goes by ship time. So tonight is the night. Might EST, 11pm CST etc etc. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DennysDad said:

Ok, so I went in but couldn't.

According to Facebook posts.

The theory is if your app says 19th and Website says 20th, it's because of your time zone. I'm CST. So my app says 19th because it's saying I can check in on March 19th (11pm). Because on website 45 days is officially March 20th (Check in at midnight). Problem is it just says 19th on app. And that makes you feel like 19th all day. I always knew I had to compensate for EST because it goes by ship time. So tonight is the night. Might EST, 11pm CST etc etc. 

CST or CDT?

3 minutes ago, DennysDad said:

CDT. Tomato Potatoe. LOL. Auto fill just does CST and I try to type fast. 

Understand.   Just checking as there are a few places that don't change and in Europe some places haven't changed yet.  So just checking that the time is what you think it is in each place. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Understand.   Just checking as there are a few places that don't change and in Europe some places haven't changed yet.  So just checking that the time is what you think it is in each place. 

I got it, but Thank you!

@DennysDad I just checked in.  Literally watched it change on my screen from "Check in begins on 3/20" to "Check in now" and the first slot available was 11:30. 😛 Mine didn't change over until about 12:06.

1 hour ago, erby2283 said:

@DennysDad I just checked in.  Literally watched it change on my screen from "Check in begins on 3/20" to "Check in now" and the first slot available was 11:30. 😛 Mine didn't change over until about 12:06.

Im CDT and got to start at 11:01pm my time. I got 11:30 am check in as well. It seems to be the earliest non Key, non suite time reported for Icon. I think we did good. See ya onboard!

• Like 1