Ascent review - 3/10 - 3/17

HateSnow

Just back from a wonderful week aboard the Ascent. A little background before I start my review.  Wife(62) and I(63)  took are second Celebrity cruise.  Both have been on Edge class ships and both have been in suites after being successful on MoveUp bids. This was our seventh cruise overall, with the others on RCI, Princess and Carnival.

I'll start with the ship.  She was beautiful. Every venue was wonderful.  We spent most of our time in the Retreat, in Eden and at the Martini bar. The ship rates 10/10.

We stayed in a Celebrity Suite.  A beautiful room.  Lots of room, a great split bathroom and a really large balcony.  Our Butler was terrific.  We saw him every day when he brought coffee and a fruit plate every morning.  He left treats every afternoon(strawberries, cookies, crackers and cheese, etc.). Our room attendant was awesome.  I still don't know how he knew we out of the room, sometimes, completing his tasks in less than 20 minutes! Room rating is 10/10.

We ate in Luminae, Fine Cut Steak House, Rooftop Grill and Le Bistro with the Rooftop Grill being our favorite.  I would rate it a "can't miss".  I had a grilled filet that was my best meal of the week. DW had the Seafood kabob and said it was her favorite of the week.  All food was served hot and seasoned very well. Food rating is 10/10.

The entertainment was excellent.  If you sail Ascent, do not miss "Here Comes the Sun" - a Beatles tribute band.  They had the entire theatre on their feet for 50 minutes. Entertainment rating is 10/10 - I guess you are noticing a pattern here.

Finally the service, short and sweet - a 10/10.

I read many, many posts on this board prior to sailing.  Now that I have experienced the cruise, I have to ask, "what does it take for some people to be satisfied???

I would be glad to answer any questions you might have about this ship.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for taking the time for the review.  Sounds like you had a lovely time!

We board the Ascent on Mar 31 and will be experiencing The Retreat for the first time.  So looking forward to it!

Thanks for posting...loved your review.. very descriptive!

We recently enjoyed AQ Class on ASCENT.  Wish we had the Beatles tribute show!

Our fav dinner was at EDEN , lunch at Raw on 5..but all dining was top notch! Had a  perfect evening at Rooftop..

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

We sailed on The Ascent recently. I don't recall a restaurant called Le Bistro. I know there is Le Bistro on NCL ships though. Where is Le Bistro on Ascent?

Le Petit Chef and Le Grand Bistro are the same venues with different names depending on if it’s lunch or dinner.

We were on this same sailing and loved it as well. The ship is beautiful and the crew were fantastic. The technology in the theater is like none I've ever seen. This was my first time with Celebrity, but it will not be my last!

Thx for your review!

We have done Edge & Beyond 2x plus Apex, with Ascent booked for Dec & can't wait!

We have only done Retreat 1x (Beyond) & enjoyed it but have decided that unless it is an exceptional deal, we will stick w/ "steerage"

Can't wait!

we did not have time fir a full meak at Ke Bistro on Ascent but  had a quiet "take away" lunch served to us  at a table just outside Le Bistro..great sandwiches, delish vread ..and dessert. We .got drinks at nearby bar area..It was just perfect..lighter  meal and lower price