Uniworld Category + Upgrade program

Worksheet

I used it last year for my Danube cruise.  Bid for a suite and got it.  On another cruise this year and am not bidding up.  Didn’t feel like I got the value for the price.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, UDChE89 said:

I used it last year for my Danube cruise.  Bid for a suite and got it.  On another cruise this year and am not bidding up.  Didn’t feel like I got the value for the price.

I stayed in a suite on Uniworld one time.  I  got it because I was willing to transfer my cruise to another week due to an overbooking situation.  The suite was nice, but not so nice that I would pay for it.  

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a notice that my bid was accepted for our June 2 Danube cruise.  We were in a Suite and I bid the minimum for the Grand Suite and got it.  Was pretty surprised.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

We bid just over the minimum for an upgraded cabin on the SS Victoria for an August 7, 2024 Moselle Rhine cruise.  We put the bid in on April 14.  We don't expect to get an upgrade as we are first time cruisers on Uniworld with no loyalty status.  We are mainly interested in getting the bigger cabin.  Going from 188 square feet to 253 square feet would make for a more comfortable cruise.  We will post here when we get an acceptance or denial message in case anyone is interested.

22 hours ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

We bid just over the minimum for an upgraded cabin on the SS Victoria for an August 7, 2024 Moselle Rhine cruise.  We put the bid in on April 14.  We don't expect to get an upgrade as we are first time cruisers on Uniworld with no loyalty status.  We are mainly interested in getting the bigger cabin.  Going from 188 square feet to 253 square feet would make for a more comfortable cruise.  We will post here when we get an acceptance or denial message in case anyone is interested.

I got my upgrade on my first Uniworld cruise.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

On 4/6/2024 at 1:19 PM, papa B me said:

I just got a notice that my bid was accepted for our June 2 Danube cruise.  We were in a Suite and I bid the minimum for the Grand Suite and got it.  Was pretty surprised.

That Grand Suite is amazing, have a great trip! I think I'm an outlier, but I love the unique UW decor matched to the location.

• Like 4

This will be our 4th Uniworld cruise and I like the UW decor as well.  Would never want my house decorated that way but I think it is fun for a week or so.  The SS Maria Teresa we are on truly matches the location.  Leaving for Budapest in two days and can't wait.  Thanks for the well wishes.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2024 at 2:21 PM, papa B me said:

This will be our 4th Uniworld cruise and I like the UW decor as well.  Would never want my house decorated that way but I think it is fun for a week or so.  The SS Maria Teresa we are on truly matches the location.  Leaving for Budapest in two days and can't wait.  Thanks for the well wishes.

Papa b Me, I read on another thread that you have been docked in Bratislava for several days with hopes to sail to Linz tomorrow. I hope that you have enjoyed your suite during your cruise, the larger private space must have been welcome. 

The suite has made it

more enjoyable.  We have had a very nice trip.  I think the next two days and getting us to Munich on Sunday for our flight will be interesting.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, papa B me said:

The suite has made it

more enjoyable.  We have had a very nice trip.  I think the next two days and getting us to Munich on Sunday for our flight will be interesting.

It was the fear of Covid lockdowns that made us decide to book suites going forward.  Knock wood we haven't been locked down yet, but we do enjoy the suites!

One gets to a stage in life when a suite is an essential part of one’s holiday experience!
Oh to hell with it if you can go for it if not go for the best you can only you know whether it’s a cost, requirement or other reason. 
Personally aquarium/swans view/lower class etc is definitely not for me but any other that’s not to far aft is fine.
It’s the service that gets me every time, get that right and I’m a happy bunny, if not watch out, bad hotel-ing is my on my list of absolute hates, it’s just not necessary but done well it’s an art. Just watch a well run team! 

• Like 3

After reading this thread, I put in a bid for a Suite on the SS Victoria July 6 sailing on the Moselle and Rhine. The room is exactly the same as the Signature Balcony we have so I bid a little over the minimum in the hopes of seeing if the extras or being one floor up is worth it. The website says my chance is "poor" but there are 11 empty Suites less than a month away. We shall see...

5 hours ago, Canal archive said:

One gets to a stage in life when a suite is an essential part of one’s holiday experience!
Oh to hell with it if you can go for it if not go for the best you can only you know whether it’s a cost, requirement or other reason. 
Personally aquarium/swans view/lower class etc is definitely not for me but any other that’s not to far aft is fine.
It’s the service that gets me every time, get that right and I’m a happy bunny, if not watch out, bad hotel-ing is my on my list of absolute hates, it’s just not necessary but done well it’s an art. Just watch a well run team! 

This was my husband and me. We booked the top suites and flew business class and enjoyed every moment. Now that he’s gone I am especially thankful that we did that. I still book the French balcony cabins since the solo pricing for the suites is exorbitant but I’ve never regretted a penny my husband and I spent on our trips. Life is all about the experience.

• Like 4

Success! Four weeks to go and I was notified by Uniworld and my travel agent today the bid was accepted. Super happy, this is a surprise for my Mom's 75th birthday that I hope stays a surprise until we get onboard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Izengolf said:

Success! Four weeks to go and I was notified by Uniworld and my travel agent today the bid was accepted. Super happy, this is a surprise for my Mom's 75th birthday that I hope stays a surprise until we get onboard. 

That is great to hear, and nice they gave you ample notice. We have benefitted from the program twice on Uniworld and once on AMA in the past. Hopefully, our trip on the SS Victoria later in the year will also see a category upgrade.

• Like 1