Star Legend cabins

MELSMOM47

Looking to book a Star Balcony Suite (SBS) deck five midship. 534-541. Does anyone have any information good and bad. Ideally I’d like the seating area by the balcony and the bed close to the bathroom. Thank for your input. 

5 minutes ago, Nearpost345 said:

just for clarification, they are juliet balconies. 

Yes. Thank you. I know but...... at least we can get some fresh air. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

I stayed in 523 last October. As stated above, you have to book the BS category to get the sitting area next to the balcony. I did a live from review (it’s on page 2 of this board) with lots of pictures. I usually book 400 plus sq ft suites with huge balconies. I was pleasantly surprised by how spacious this cabin was and how much we loved the Juliette balcony and ship in general. 

In regards to the Juliet balconies there are trade- offs. The balconies let in air and are nice to step out unto and see a bit more than you can from your window but the viewing area, if you just want to sit and look out, is significantly less than the outside cabins with no balcony. I prefer the picture windows in colder or more scenic areas and the balconies in warmer climates or less scenic itineraries.

• Like 1

Bed near the bathroom is preferred.  We have had some very rough seas on Star Breeze.   One night, during rock and roll time, it was so rough that it was impossible to stand up. Luckily our bed was near the bathroom. My spouse rolled across the bed to reach the bathroom. There was no way that you could walk around the bed.  Once on Windsurf, we had a very rough night. Fell down trying to get from the bed near the porthole to the bathroom.  

59 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Bed near the bathroom is preferred.  We have had some very rough seas on Star Breeze.   One night, during rock and roll time, it was so rough that it was impossible to stand up. Luckily our bed was near the bathroom. My spouse rolled across the bed to reach the bathroom. There was no way that you could walk around the bed.  Once on Windsurf, we had a very rough night. Fell down trying to get from the bed near the porthole to the bathroom.  

I agree 100% for a number of reasons. Ease of access is definitely up there. I also want to sit by the window to look  out when getting ready in the evening or when having my morning coffee as opposed to sitting on the bed. Never made sense to me. 

• Like 4