Casual dining still doesn't appear anywhere

MudderBear

Hello.  I booked a cruise in June of 2023 for this May.  I booked the Princess Plus.  The two casual dining are still not appearing anywhere.  Every time I've called Princess (full disclosure, I haven't called them in a few months) they've assured me I still have the two dining casuals.  Why can't I see it with my own eyes?  Has anyone run into this and have cruised and did indeed have the two casual dining meals?  Thanks.

17 minutes ago, MudderBear said:

Hello.  I booked a cruise in June of 2023 for this May.  I booked the Princess Plus.  The two casual dining are still not appearing anywhere.  Every time I've called Princess (full disclosure, I haven't called them in a few months) they've assured me I still have the two dining casuals.  Why can't I see it with my own eyes?  Has anyone run into this and have cruised and did indeed have the two casual dining meals?  Thanks.

If you are looking to make reservations you can’t.  There are no reservations for casual dining.  Walk up only.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, MudderBear said:

Why can't I see it with my own eyes?  Has anyone run into this and have cruised and did indeed have the two casual dining meals?  

If I'm understanding your question correctly it's that you can't see anywhere that you have 2 casual meals included in your package, not that you are looking to make a reservation. 

Unfortunately Princess doesn't show the included casual meals on the Travel Summary or the Onboard Services section of the Personalizer (see attached example).  I'm not sure why -- they list the other 'benefits' such as the fitness classes and 'free' desserts.  It is confusing!  Rest assured we just sailed and got our free casual meals with no problems even though they weren't specifically listed anywhere on our paperwork.  

Here's an example of one of our upcoming cruises -- not sure why they don't list the casual dining here like they do the other 'perks'.  

Edit to add:  not sure if when you booked your package if the casual meals were included?  That could add a wrinkle I hadn't thought of in my initial response.  Sorry if I misunderstood your query. 

Screenshot 2024-03-24 10.27.45 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-24 10.29.43 AM.png

Edited by Paula_MacFan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have to say on board the Majestic Princess right now the casual dining is pretty disappointing. You have two options:

"The Catch by Rudi" for lunch although really it is a choice of a set sushi menu which looked okay with seaweed salad, tuna roll and a couple of other items.

"Alfredo's" which we chose, it was delicious but even then you had a choice of 4 starters, one of the 12 pizzas to choose from, 4 were $21 upcharge for the "Especiala Pizza", then one of two desserts. It really felt like a bit of nickel and diming. I expected the change from getting free Alfredo's to an upcharge would make it at least feel like you were getting more than your money's worth.

• Like 2

On 3/24/2024 at 11:10 AM, t&atravel said:

If you are looking to make reservations you can’t.  There are no reservations for casual dining.  Walk up only.

We were on board the Caribbean Princess last December, and walk-ups were not accepted. You had to call a certain number onboard to make a reservation. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IndyKid said:

We were on board the Caribbean Princess last December, and walk-ups were not accepted. You had to call a certain number onboard to make a reservation. 

At which casual venue ? I have never been able to reserve on advance 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

At which casual venue ? I have never been able to reserve on advance 

Both of them, Steamers and the BBQ place (the name escapes me)

On 3/24/2024 at 9:52 AM, MudderBear said:

I had the same issue in that I wasn't seeing it in my personal booking information.  BUT I got this in the "prepare for your cruise" e-mail from Princess:  

You've got perks with Princess Plus

Included in your fare:

• Plus Beverage Package with drinks (up to $15 USD each) like cocktails, beer and wine, specialty coffees and fountain sodas!
  • Fast, reliable MedallionNet® Wi-Fi
  • Crew appreciation
  • Premium desserts (2 per day)
  • Fitness classes (2 per cruise)
  • 2 casual dining meals per guest
  • OceanNow delivery
  • Room service delivery
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Can anyone tell me what the casual dining venues are on Grand Princess, please, and what kind of meals we can expect to get with Princess Plus?

According to this list of casual dining venues by ship, Grand Princess has Vines and Alfredos.

https://cruiselifestyle.co.uk/princess-cruises-casual-dining-guide/

Edited by Earthworm Jim

I may be wrong, you booked the Plus package when Casual Dining (Alfredos) was free.    We sailed August 2023 with the $50 package we booked in May and the Casual Dining was not included.   We had the option on upgrading to the new Plus package for an additional $10pp per day.   We chose not to just paid alacarte.