Simply Less but Vista is Beautiful

lolawpb

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Snaefell3 said:

Mayhaps the $6,000,000,000 (with a 'B') extra debt NCLH racked up during the shutdown?  🙄

Do you think that passengers who are affected by these SM excursion credit problems should quietly accept these as part of their contribution to the corporate debt reduction ?

Or, do you think complaints are warranted in the hope that this policy is changed in order to make the experience better for the passenger ?

Edited by Tranquility Base
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tranquility Base said:

Do you think that passengers who are affected by these SM excursion credit problems should quietly accept these as part of their contribution to the corporate debt reduction ?

Or, do you think complaints are warranted in the hope that this policy is changed in order to make the experience better for the passenger ?

That's a different topic.

I simply answered @jonthomas's question on why O's management is not hurrying to lessen any of SM's revenue-enhancing effects.

(If you do want my opinion on that topic, it is that NCLH is going to get extra profit for debt reduction one way or another -- otherwise it won't survive.  So are all of the other lines.  Pick the line with the ways least painful to you or vacation some other way.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, jonthomas said:

back to simply more, means simply less....

there were a number of people on our recent Vista cruise that lost their simply more credits when several ports were cancelled...

because all else was booked, they could not apply the credit to another tour and could not use the credit towards anything else....

many see this as a fraudulent practice by O....

we booked another cruise while on the ship and the future cruise consultant took down all comments regarding the simply more policy...she said that O wants to hear from everyone that has had issues with it...

I have now booked on line, the tours needed to fill my credit for the SM tours, for this February cruise, one was already waitlisted, yes that far ahead it is no longer available....I stand to lose this credit, if I dont chose a less desirable tour...

if this happens I will not stand in line at destination services and file my complaint, I will go and see the GM directly...

I encourage everyone else that finds themselves losing the SM credit to do the same...

If anyone has already done that, could you please share with us your result...

This is our first experience with SM, as all our  other cruises were booked a couple of years ago....

As more and more people end the O life and are forced onto SM, we may see more issues and perhaps the policy will change.

@jonthomas

Welcome back!  Thanks for your objective assessment of shorex credit.  Other than that disappointment, how well did you enjoy your voyage?

Considering a Caribbean cruise in the fall, port heavy, so shorex credit if of importance to me.  Our last cruise there on O in 2019, 2 ports were cancelled, and I would also justifiably be annoyed if new shorex credits were lost, and other shorex were not available.

FetaCheese 

1 hour ago, FetaCheese said:

@jonthomas

Welcome back!  Thanks for your objective assessment of shorex credit.  Other than that disappointment, how well did you enjoy your voyage?

Considering a Caribbean cruise in the fall, port heavy, so shorex credit if of importance to me.  Our last cruise there on O in 2019, 2 ports were cancelled, and I would also justifiably be annoyed if new shorex credits were lost, and other shorex were not available.

FetaCheese 

We were on Caribbean cruise this past January. We missed Costa Maya due to weather and it was very obvious as they even tried to dock but couldn’t due to wind.  We had booked ship excursions with one extra beyond the required to get the 25% off. So we used our excursion credit plus about $150 extra on our credit card. Within one hour of the cancelled port and missed excursion we had purchased for Costa Maya we had a credit on our account under the ‘refundable’ portion.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our Vista Jan cruise was excellent.

We missed st barths, Norfolk, one day out of 2 in bermuda.

But the capt substituted an overnight in Charleston which was amazing...

Second time on Vista, excellent in all ways.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2