Check in Time

Long time cruiser, but first time on Celebrity. Tomorrow is my 45-day check-in time to secure my boarding time. Just wondering if check-in begins at 12 a.m. Eastern time or some other time zone. Also, it appears check-in must be done on the app only, but I'm not sure if that is the case? Any other idiosyncrasies tips on the Celebrity check-in process are appreciated.

Posted (edited)

I always check in on the website using my laptop.

If on an Alaskan cruise departing from Seattle or Vancouver, check in will be Pacific Time, not Alaska Time (one hour behind).

Edited by hrhdhd
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, mistertoaster said:

Long time cruiser, but first time on Celebrity. Tomorrow is my 45-day check-in time to secure my boarding time. Just wondering if check-in begins at 12 a.m. Eastern time or some other time zone. Also, it appears check-in must be done on the app only, but I'm not sure if that is the case? Any other idiosyncrasies tips on the Celebrity check-in process are appreciated.

That is not the case, and you can do it on the website if you wish. One other tip, if you are having trouble putting in your photograph to skip that step and move on through the process because they will take your picture for you in the traveler

• Thanks 1

Do  you receive an earlier check in time if  you sign in early on the 45th day?  I just got off a Virgin Voyages cruise and this is how they do it.

I checked in this morning about one hour after check in opened for my cruise. I got a 10 a.m. boarding time which is the earliest I've ever boarded a cruise ship. Very happy with the time and the check-in process on Celebrity. It is better than NCL and MSC's which is my most frequent cruise providers.

47 minutes ago, mistertoaster said:

I checked in this morning about one hour after check in opened for my cruise. I got a 10 a.m. boarding time which is the earliest I've ever boarded a cruise ship. Very happy with the time and the check-in process on Celebrity. It is better than NCL and MSC's which is my most frequent cruise providers.

Just remember it's a check-in time. You won't be boarding at 10 a.m.

• Like 1

Just checked in 15 minutes ago for our Alaska cruise on the Edge. I took my photo of me and added my hubby's picture from a photo I had on my desktop. It worked and I got a 10-10:30 check in time, the earliest time available.

On 3/26/2024 at 7:59 AM, mistertoaster said:

Thanks. It is Alaska and I'm Eastern time so that gives me a few more hours sleep. 

That makes it 0300 your time. 

14 minutes ago, ne95014 said:

New to Celebrity...

On the 45th day, am I able to select a time (12:30pm) or just assigned one?  TIA

You can choose from the times that are available when you check in.

Posted (edited)

We're based in the UK and sailing from Southampton. The app says online check-in opens on 7th April, the website says 8th. Can anyone shed any light on this? I don't want to stay up until midnight on the 7th only to find I'm 24 hours early. 😅

ETA: Or should I be trying at midnight on 6th?

Edited by UKDeb

1 hour ago, UKDeb said:

We're based in the UK and sailing from Southampton. The app says online check-in opens on 7th April, the website says 8th. Can anyone shed any light on this? I don't want to stay up until midnight on the 7th only to find I'm 24 hours early. 😅

ETA: Or should I be trying at midnight on 6th?

I noticed that too, for the next sailing. 11th April and 12th April both given. Please let me know 😊

• Like 1

It showed 2 consecutive dates on my cruise also. It turned out I was able to check in on the earlier date on the Celebrity website and the later date on the app. I would have thought it would have been the reverse.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 4/2/2024 at 2:55 PM, StopTheWorld said:

I noticed that too, for the next sailing. 11th April and 12th April both given. Please let me know 😊

Check-in opened for us at 00:00 on the 8th (so midnight as 7th turned to 8th). The app indicated 7th, the website said 8th.

ETA: Oops! Just realised this information is too late for you. Sorry!

Edited by UKDeb
  • Like 1

On 3/27/2024 at 5:47 AM, tbmrt said:

Do  you receive an earlier check in time if  you sign in early on the 45th day?  I just got off a Virgin Voyages cruise and this is how they do it.

Usually the earlier you check in the more boarding time windows are available.  The first or earliest boarding windows tend to go first.  Those time windows also attract the longest lines as many people try to do pier checkin regardless of what their boarding time window is