Can we make reservations in the MDR or not?

20 hours ago, Baw531 said:

Just checked ‘ Manage My Booking ‘ via the website and all the reservations I made using the planner are showing …..no effort , quick and easy.

And we boarded to find all the MDR reservations were gone.  Thus the comment your efforts might be wasted.

Found it easier to simply show up.  Except immediately following the early show or about 6-6:30 either no wait or a couple minutes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liao said:

That's unfortunate, because I'd not consider 5/6 times out of 11 cruises to be rare.

depends on the length of the 11 cruises - could be 5% or even less. Also depends on the time of arrival at the restaurant as with any restaurant if lots of people arrive at the same time there will be delays.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, the penguins said:

depends on the length of the 11 cruises - could be 5% or even less. Also depends on the time of arrival at the restaurant as with any restaurant if lots of people arrive at the same time there will be delays.

Agreed and in my case that was 5 or 6 times over about 130 nights at sea/dinners. Not bad in my view.

• Like 1

Ok we are boarding Beyond on April 22. We are not doing Specialty dining on the 4 main dining rooms. I looked at our reservation and we have CEL Select Dining. So…do we need reservations for our desired time of 7:15?

Wait till we board? Do it ahead of time online? confirm once on board?

Any help would be appreciated.

5 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Ok we are boarding Beyond on April 22. We are not doing Specialty dining on the 4 main dining rooms. I looked at our reservation and we have CEL Select Dining. So…do we need reservations for our desired time of 7:15?

Wait till we board? Do it ahead of time online? confirm once on board?

Any help would be appreciated.

I assume you will be eating at one of the 4 MDRs.  If so, you should just show up to whichever dining room when you are ready to eat.  I can tell you that I booked reservations beforehand and when we showed up, we were told it was Anytime Dining.  

20 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

One more! Is whats currently the menu on the app the same as when you board? Or is the current menu just a generic one for now?

The menu is generally the same but each restaurant has a few different items each day that is unique to that MDR.  However,   on the app, you can check out what is being offered at each MDR and order that dish from any of the MDRs.  

I think the fun is to check out  the atmospheres in each MDR. We just showed up and got seated.  

New to Celebrity and sailing Solstice in July. I see now that I can make dining reservations, but how do we know what time shows might be when choosing? Seems like it’s a bit of a guess when booking without knowing the event schedules. Am I missing something?

6 hours ago, keesar said:

The menu is generally the same but each restaurant has a few different items each day that is unique to that MDR.  However,   on the app, you can check out what is being offered at each MDR and order that dish from any of the MDRs.  

I think the fun is to check out  the atmospheres in each MDR. We just showed up and got seated.  

The items unique to each of the E class MDRs do not change EACH day.  They are the same every night.  But the unique items can be ordered in every MDR, not just the MDR they are specific to.

47 minutes ago, dctravel said:

New to Celebrity and sailing Solstice in July. I see now that I can make dining reservations, but how do we know what time shows might be when choosing? Seems like it’s a bit of a guess when booking without knowing the event schedules. Am I missing something?

Shows are 7 and 9 or maybe 7:30 and 9:30.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2024 at 9:00 AM, cbfb said:

Actually we asked the hostess on the first night at Normandy and she looked it up and confirmed our times and that reservations are honored with a 15 minute grace period. 

Exactly. On the Ascent , in Tuscan, we did the same thing, and we were put down for the first apt time. There would be a fairly long line before they opened for dinner, but as soon as they did, we were directed around the line and asked to go to our previously assigned table. Worked great for us as we are early eaters. Most people were unaware of the 2 line system ( reservations and those without) and seemed upset that some were allowed to "jump" the line.

Cheers

• Like 2