Half moon cay tender question

You get priority tender with any excursion purchase and an umbrella is an excursion, but you may not be on the first tender over...

Has the plan to add a dock at HMC been iced? I know COVID happened but have not read anything about the dock being under construction. It can't be entirely a money issue because they are spending a fortune for Celebration Key.

2 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

Has the plan to add a dock at HMC been iced? I know COVID happened but have not read anything about the dock being under construction. It can't be entirely a money issue because they are spending a fortune for Celebration Key.

It's going to happen - I don't think work has begun yet though - and the last I heard on here they are going to add amenities to the island to support Excel class as well. It was discussed here a few months ago.

HMC may not be the quiet undeveloped island paradise it was afterwards. We'll see.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mz-s said:

It's going to happen - I don't think work has begun yet though - and the last I heard on here they are going to add amenities to the island to support Excel class as well. It was discussed here a few months ago.

HMC may not be the quiet undeveloped island paradise it was afterwards. We'll see.

I am zero for 3 in trying to go to HMC. Two cancelled cruises and in Feb of last year I got to see the outline of the island and then the stop was called off due to sea conditions. 

5 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

I am zero for 3 in trying to go to HMC. Two cancelled cruises and in Feb of last year I got to see the outline of the island and then the stop was called off due to sea conditions. 

Hope you get to see it soon! I have had one cancelled call due to weather, and at least one cancelled cruise. But my other visits were successful, including one in 2021 which was very nice as the ship and therefore the island were operating at reduced capacity.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

The chickens were sorry they missed you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

As much as I love HMC, I'm loving Princess Cay!  Had a blast snorkeling the cove with tons of colorful fish.  Walked to George's behind the fence and had cheaper drinks.  Lots of palm trees for shade. It was a great day!!

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

As much as I love HMC, I'm loving Princess Cay!  Had a blast snorkeling the cove with tons of colorful fish.  Walked to George's behind the fence and had cheaper drinks.  Lots of palm trees for shade. It was a great day!!

I prefer Princess Cay because the snorkeling is much better. Still HMC is pretty great. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, ozzie0075 said:

I prefer Princess Cay because the snorkeling is much better. Still HMC is pretty great. 

More shade at Princess Cay as well!

Edit: saw @ninjacat123 already mentioned that 🤝

Edited by mz-s
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2024 at 12:42 PM, mz-s said:

Hope you get to see it soon! I have had one cancelled call due to weather, and at least one cancelled cruise. But my other visits were successful, including one in 2021 which was very nice as the ship and therefore the island were operating at reduced capacity.

I feel you. I am one for four. It is frustrating, it really is a wonderful stop.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/3/2024 at 6:10 PM, ozzie0075 said:

I agree. I had a really great experience a couple of years ago surrounded by beautiful fish.  It was so much fun. That said I'm headed to HMC next week.  Can't wait.

Edited by kupton

I really enjoyed the snorkeling at HMC - noone else was swimming over to the area I did however. plenty of fish to see not to mention some really neat Christmas worms.