Reducing OSC, gratuities or similar charges

31 minutes ago, MarkieMarkNYC said:

The OP threw out a little bait and look at the results. You can’t blame them. This is rather entertaining. 

Exactly what I was thinking. They continue to follow the thread and react to different comments. They clearly got the drama they were looking for. Odd source of entertainment but plenty of people took the bait 🤷‍♀️

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

I read it and found nothing to convince me to change my mind.

Premeditated = Shamefull.

I see no reason to continue this conversation.  

What's shameful is you have already decided the OP is removing or lowering the service fee and not doing so because they are planning possibly to be more generous.  You have decided the OP is this terrible person when their plan may be to tip much more generously to the people they want to tip.  Shameful is judging someone based on your preconceived notions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

It is never a good time to try and stuff the hard working crew who work 7 days a week, 10-12 hours a day. Pay your daily service charge and tip more. That’s what most people do. 

It doesn't matter what "most" people do.  But more importantly how on earth can you propose to know that most people tip more?  Has there been some exit survey that only you know about?  Tipping is a personal choice, and to try to bully people to go along with what you choose to do by saying "most" do, is just wrong.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, gizfish said:

What's shameful is you have already decided the OP is removing or lowering the service fee and not doing so because they are planning possibly to be more generous.  You have decided the OP is this terrible person when their plan may be to tip much more generously to the people they want to tip.  Shameful is judging someone based on your preconceived notions.

OP did not ask when is the time to get the auto charges increased. 

OP asked when is the time to get the auto charges reduced or eliminated. 

8 hours ago, gizfish said:

It doesn't matter what "most" people do.  But more importantly how on earth can you propose to know that most people tip more?  Has there been some exit survey that only you know about?  Tipping is a personal choice, and to try to bully people to go along with what you choose to do by saying "most" do, is just wrong.

Excellent post!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

How come in the US the free at sea gratuities for dining and drinks are fixed but in the UK/EU they don't call them gratuities and can regularly do 50% off.

Same with Princess they also have crew appreciation,  when included in the fare packages  they often discount heavily.

This crew pay contribution  varies from passenger to passenger.

If a package passenger can have 50% off the contribution why can't those that just pay also choose to just pay 50%?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

OP did not ask when is the time to get the auto charges increased. 

OP asked when is the time to get the auto charges reduced or eliminated. 

When I said possibly planning to be more generous, I meant by tipping who they wanted personally.  Sorry you did not understand what I was implying.

• Like 1