NCL Prima Haven question

Haven’t sailed NCL in a while and am booking the Prima in the Haven. My last NCL sailing in the Haven water was not provided and had to buy a water package and it was water in carton. Are they still charging for a water package? Does having the unlimited open bar package get any kind of bottled water?

I know this might sound trivial but my wife has a condition that requires her to drink a lot of water and from what we remember the water in the carton wasn’t very good

2 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You get one box of water for being in a suite. The standard premium beverage package does not include water. (You would need to have the Premium Plus package). 

Thank you. Would you know if the premium package has a bottled water choice rather than those cartons?

1 hour ago, Salf777 said:

Thank you. Would you know if the premium package has a bottled water choice rather than those cartons?

If you pay extra for the premium beverage package (not free at sea) you can get bottles of Pellegrino and/or Evian water. That's what I did and then hoarded them in my mini fridge that I had the room steward clear out. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, maren91 said:

If you pay extra for the premium beverage package (not free at sea) you can get bottles of Pellegrino and/or Evian water. That's what I did and then hoarded them in my mini fridge that I had the room steward clear out. 

That’s what I was thinking and just read about the upgraded beverage. I assume that we would have to both upgrade? So I guess I have to figure it out. From what I read to upgrade it’s $29 per person per day? That would be let’s say $60 per day and on a 10 day cruise an extra $600 for bottled water. Might just be better off buying them individually but then again I do like a specialty coffee so I have to figure it out. 
Thanks so much for the input been a long time since I sailed NCL

They have water packages but those might be cartons.

When we sailed the still was either cartons or Acqua Panna.

Have fun using the Haven elevators.

4 minutes ago, Salf777 said:

That’s what I was thinking and just read about the upgraded beverage. I assume that we would have to both upgrade? So I guess I have to figure it out. From what I read to upgrade it’s $29 per person per day? That would be let’s say $60 per day and on a 10 day cruise an extra $600 for bottled water. Might just be better off buying them individually but then again I do like a specialty coffee so I have to figure it out. 
Thanks so much for the input been a long time since I sailed NCL

One glass of premium champagne a day + one Starbucks + one Evian + one bottle of Pellegrino with dinner makes it real easy for me to make that decision worth it to me. 

The $29/pp/day is to only upgrade the beverage package. If you go for the FAS+, that's $49/pp/day, but includes the upgraded beverage package, Starbucks, unlimited Wifi, and a $50 excursion credit for guest #2.

2 minutes ago, sjacobs11 said:

The $29/pp/day is to only upgrade the beverage package. If you go for the FAS+, that's $49/pp/day, but includes the upgraded beverage package, Starbucks, unlimited Wifi, and a $50 excursion credit for guest #2.

Upgrading the beverage package for $29/pp/day includes Starbucks and water.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sjacobs11 said:

Ok so now I’m really confused. We have the free at sea package with unlimited “open bar” does that include bottled water. From what I read I thought not. So if I have that package how much does it cost to upgrade to a package that includes the bottled water? Trying to avoid the carton water

Thanks all this is awesome

Posted (edited)
On 4/6/2024 at 6:06 PM, Salf777 said:

Ok so now I’m really confused. We have the free at sea package with unlimited “open bar” does that include bottled water. From what I read I thought not. So if I have that package how much does it cost to upgrade to a package that includes the bottled water? Trying to avoid the carton water

Thanks all this is awesome

You are correct that the free at sea package doesn’t include bottled water.

If you are only upgrading for the water then the premium plus beverage package will work. That is the one that is mentioned above for $29 a day (I haven’t checked that price but it sounds about right).

Free at Sea + (the one for $49 a day) also gives you an extra couple of speciality meals, unlimited internet and an extra $50 per excursion discount for guest 2.

The post you quoted suggests you need free at sea plus for the water and coffee but that is incorrect.

Edited by KeithJenner

On 4/5/2024 at 8:08 PM, Salf777 said:

Haven’t sailed NCL in a while and am booking the Prima in the Haven. My last NCL sailing in the Haven water was not provided and had to buy a water package and it was water in carton. Are they still charging for a water package? Does having the unlimited open bar package get any kind of bottled water?

I know this might sound trivial but my wife has a condition that requires her to drink a lot of water and from what we remember the water in the carton wasn’t very good

You did not mention what type of cabin you have.  If it is an H5 or higher you will get all of the Pelligrino or Aqua Pana(both in glass bottles) that you want included with the room.  If not I would just buy the Aqua Pana by the bottle for about $6.

20 minutes ago, skeeter195 said:

You did not mention what type of cabin you have.  If it is an H5 or higher you will get all of the Pelligrino or Aqua Pana(both in glass bottles) that you want included with the room.  If not I would just buy the Aqua Pana by the bottle for about $6.

Hi

we are in a Haven Penthouse my confirmation says HE? Don’t know if that’s H5 or higher?

1 hour ago, skeeter195 said:

The HE room is lower than the H5, so no water or mini bar included.  It is still a great room for sure.  Enjoy

So you’re saying if I move up to an H5 category I will get unlimited bottled water and unlimited Wi-Fi? It might be worth it if I need those two things wouldn’t you think?

3 minutes ago, Salf777 said:

So you’re saying if I move up to an H5 category I will get unlimited bottled water and unlimited Wi-Fi? It might be worth it if I need those two things wouldn’t you think?

You could remain in your currently booked room and upgrade the FAS Beverage package to the Premium Plus Beverage Package.

Here's more info... https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/790164-BEV_Package_Flyer_UOBP_PPBP Update_V7_no_crops.pdf

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Salf777 said:

You will not get unlimited wifi.  You will get 3 bottles of booze, sodas, juices and other mixers along with waters both still and bubbled

• Like 1

I should have been clearer in my term "higher".  Higher level of cabin with a lower number.  H5 and higher meaning H4, H3 and H2 are owners suites and get the extra perks like water.  

• Like 1

Here's a list of HAVEN (and some suites) Benefits:

• Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner in The Haven Restaurant or designated specialty restaurant (dinner service not available on Jewel Class ships)
  • Priority when reserving restaurants and entertainment
  • Cocktail party with ship's officers
  • Specialty dining delivered to your suite from any restaurant (cover charges apply)
  • 24-hour suite room service menu
  • Continental breakfast menu
  • Nespresso Coffeemaker and Tea Forte tea bags
  • Treats delivered right to your door each night
  • Fruit bowl replenished upon request
  • For Owner’s Suites & Garden Villas:
    • 1 bottle of Moet Champagne upon embarkation
    • Custom selection of liquor (1 bottle for cruises less than 7 days; 3 bottles for cruises 7 days or longer) upon embarkation
    • 2 bottles of spring water replenished daily
    • 2 bottles of sparkling water replenished daily
    • 6 canned sodas replenished daily
  • For all other suites:
    • 1 bottle of sparkling wine upon embarkation
    • 1 bottle of spring water upon embarkation
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

• For all other suites:
    • 1 bottle of sparkling wine upon embarkation
    • 1 bottle of spring water upon embarkation

1 bottle of spring water has been replaced by 1 box of water.

As already mentioned, I too have the butler bring us a pitcher of water every morning and I fill my bottle up to carry with me throughout the day.  They will keep the pitcher full. 

Also, I've never found a bartender who won't refill my bottle.  Or a quick stop by the buffet is another option.  (You can refill from the beverage area - just remember do not fill your bottle directly from the dispenser - pour from a clean cup.)

Edited by Girr
Adding info.
  • Like 3