Britannia refit

17 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

The 'gelato filled doughnuts' now available in the market cafe sounds like a bit of me... 

Having to do a full muster, not so much... 😂

Andy 

Back to all standing on Deck/sitting in theatre in lifejackets again? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MellyMoo1989 said:

Back to all standing on Deck/sitting in theatre in lifejackets again? 

It sounds like it, we got the email today. 

At least I will have a gelato filled doughnut to make it more bearable🍩😂

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

It sounds like it, we got the email today. 

At least I will have a gelato filled doughnut to make it more bearable🍩😂

I suppose it's a better way to make sure everyone does it, rather than relying on people to do the right thing and watch the video in the cabin. Reckon they'll let me take a pint with me? 😉

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, MellyMoo1989 said:

I suppose it's a better way to make sure everyone does it, rather than relying on people to do the right thing and watch the video in the cabin. Reckon they'll let me take a pint with me? 😉

I think they close the bars while muster is on, but I have got there early and got 'supplies' in😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

I think they close the bars while muster is on, but I have got there early and got 'supplies' in😁

Tbh we missed the real muster drills. Actually being there made it more real ... and made it feel like a cruise.. if you get me. A ship is a ship not a land hotel.....

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

The 'gelato filled doughnuts' now available in the market cafe sounds like a bit of me... 

Andy 

But you have to pay for these!!!! And you would need to treble your statin pills to counter the high cholesterol content of the cakes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

We had an enhanced muster on Iona a few weeks ago.  All to attend designated station, but did not need to take lifejackets along.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

But you have to pay for these!!!! And you would need to treble your statin pills to counter the high cholesterol content of the cakes.

Feels like we have been on diets forever for this cruise, so a few pounds, in both senses, isn't a deal breaker... 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I must tell you a funny story about a full muster on Britannia. It was 2016 I think - Britannia was a fairly new ship anyway. So, I gathered my life jacket and trotted down to the lounge. All was clearly explained and straightforward...... until we had to demonstrate the fitting of jackets. So embarrassing. I don't wear trousers, ever, and these particular lifejackets had to be fitted by looping the attachment from the back, between your legs and bringing the clip up the front of the body to attach .....which would have involved exposing an amount of leg that only a doctor should see!

Obviously I didn't do the full fit and one of the lovely female crew suggested that whilst on board I should "purchase some of the very nice trousers we sell on board". Good sales pitch!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Urgh, not full Muster Drills 😭 The only good thing that came out of Covid was the change to muster drill 😂

although I do tend to think that must people checking in at their muster station after they get onboard have no clue what the place is or how to get there again 😂

4 hours ago, Cloudyrain said:

although I do tend to think that must people checking in at their muster station after they get onboard have no clue what the place is or how to get there again

Probably will not matter because if "push comes to shove" (as it would) then it will be so chaotic that everyone will be running round like headless chicken.

It was bad enough when there was the "organised" muster drills.

19 minutes ago, david63 said:

Probably will not matter because if "push comes to shove" (as it would) then it will be so chaotic that everyone will be running round like headless chicken.

Was good watching folk who loved to blow the life jacket whistle, with a big smile 

on their face . 

That was until you informed them ,lots of folk do that and the stewards do not 

clean them but if you like the taste of some strangers week old saliva 🙃

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, david63 said:

Totally. We went on a cruise in America at Thanksgiving once and by the time Muster started about 75% of the guests were hammered, some even fell asleep 😬

I just take the “I’m alright Jack” attitude to it all these days: my son is obsessed with the safety video and knowing where the muster station and boats are, so we are fully versed at least 😂

• Like 1