Thinking of trying Norwegian Haven suite...

21 hours ago, Cigar King said:

FWIW we booked a Haven Aft Facing Penthouse with Master Bedroom and Large Balcony.

Thanks everyone for your help.  There are quite a few differences between the NCL model and Royal's.  I'll have to start doing some research to figure it all out.

This is the cabin we had on the Escape and my husband still talks about it as his favorite balcony!

4 hours ago, jakeil7 said:

Please let us know about your experience after the cruise

Will do.  So far I'm just trying to figure what is different.  For example, their included internet is 300 minutes per person.  That's pretty lame considering what they charge for these rooms.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sandebeach said:

This is the cabin we had on the Escape and my husband still talks about it as his favorite balcony!

We'll that's nice to hear.  they have two categories of rooms of this type, and since the larger balcony was just a little more, I figured it was a no brainer to get it.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2024 at 9:41 PM, Cigar King said:

Tried doing a search but I didn't see anything that answered my question.  

I've plenty of experience with suites on Royal.  I am thinking of trying a Haven suite on Norwegian.  (breakaway)  I'm looking for a comparison to Royal.  There's a lot of talk about "exclusive".  Is it really, or is it like Royal and various loyalty tiers have access too?  From what I am reading it looks like a nice experience than Coastal Kitchen and the lounge.

What's been your experience?

Having sailed in the Haven and RCCL Grand Suites many times each, it is hands down the Haven. NCL and MSC puts RCCL to shame. 

• Like 1

We have done lots of rccl grand suites and lots of celebrity suites and a MSc yacht club . Both yacht club and celebrity are way better for perks then rccl , best bargain for the money is MSc yacht club, if you decide on celebrity make sure it is an Edge class ship , which is only ships with dedicated pool for suites . 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Have done many times.  The breakaway Haven has a small pool and restaurant for Haven guests.  We enjoyed it- but some problems- young kids hijacked the pool and hot tub. It became noisy and we couldn't use  The Suites were small.  The food ok- but not great.  If you left the haven to go to specialty restaurants or any shows, it was very crowded- the main ship pool was like steerage.  I have been in CLS on all of the Oasis class ships and love the suite lounge and deck.  Some ships suite  decks are better then others.  If you want a "change", I highly recommend the E class ships on Celebrity- suite class.

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Cigar King said:

Will do.  So far I'm just trying to figure what is different.  For example, their included internet is 300 minutes per person.  That's pretty lame considering what they charge for these rooms.

It will vary per ship, but on our trip the internet was useless. 

13 hours ago, Cigar King said:

To me when you are paying that kind of money for a suite you should have unlimited internet and free bottled water. That’s why I prefer MSC Yacht Club over NCL Haven. The lack of bottled water on NCLs drink package baffles me. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RosieRoo said:

To me when you are paying that kind of money for a suite you should have unlimited internet and free bottled water. That’s why I prefer MSC Yacht Club over NCL Haven.

Oh I agree completely.  It's interesting to me that now that we have jumped ship, so to speak, the wife if more open to trying others.  MSC being one of them.  I think Yacht Club will be happening.  TA said she doesn't do MSC currently, they had a lot of complaints in the past.  They may pick them up again though, as things have gotten better.

12 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Having sailed in the Haven and RCCL Grand Suites many times each, it is hands down the Haven. NCL and MSC puts RCCL to shame. 

Looking forward to trying them both out.  I was playing with the NCL app yesterday.  I think I like it better, although I was very confused by the restaurant pricing, when trying to understand what might be covered as part of the free dinners.  (I think we get 2 or 3 now)  I think once I understand it better I am likely to upgrade that package.

On 4/9/2024 at 7:01 PM, Cigar King said:

FWIW we booked a Haven Aft Facing Penthouse with Master Bedroom and Large Balcony.

Thanks everyone for your help.  There are quite a few differences between the NCL model and Royal's.  I'll have to start doing some research to figure it all out.

We've been trying to decide between Haven and Yacht Club by watching Youtube videos. As Royal regulars we've reached the point where we don't think Royal's suite experience is worth the price. We still sail suites on Celebrity.

3 hours ago, Big_G said:

As Royal regulars we've reached the point where we don't think Royal's suite experience is worth the price

I'd agree.  I feel like Royal has ignored the suite guests for too long, and it's annoying to pay a premium price knowing this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

What do you need to do to get the status match?

Just show proof of your diamond or elite status etc , this also should give you a 5 percent discount on cruise.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Cigar King said:

What do you need to do to get the status match?

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club/status-match?utm_campaign=usa-en-sem-brand_general&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_term=msc+status+match&utm_content=branded&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIw-HioZ29hQMVOV1HAR3gaAOsEAAYASACEgJff_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

We matched to their highest tier. It gives you a few perks, like a specialty restaurant dinner, 5% discount and maybe an OBC. Not sure of all the perks. 

Edited by RosieRoo
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, George C said:

Just show proof of your diamond or elite status etc

Thanks...that's helpful.

1 hour ago, RosieRoo said:

We matched to their highest tier

That's good to know.  Thanks for the link too.

On 4/6/2024 at 10:14 PM, RosieRoo said:

I’ve sailed in suites on almost all cruise lines. The experience on NCL is different in that all the facilities are located in one area behind closed doors. You need a key to get into the Haven complex. You’ll have your restaurant, pool, bar, hot tubs, etc all within that closed in area instead of being spread out like on some of Royals ships. The Haven is a ship within a ship. The only other experience I can compare it to is MSCs Yacht club. 

Grand suites and above on Wonder are all on the top two floors of the ship. The only reason we went down was if we felt like walking around, specialty dining or to see the shows.  Otherwise we stayed in the suite area.  Does this sound the  same as NCL?

46 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Grand suites and above on Wonder are all on the top two floors of the ship. The only reason we went down was if we felt like walking around, specialty dining or to see the shows.  Otherwise we stayed in the suite area.  Does this sound the  same as NCL?

I have not been on the Wonder so I’m not sure what the suite set up is like. Is there a pool and hot tub up there as well? If everything is enclosed in one area, then yes it would be like the Haven. 

14 hours ago, RosieRoo said:

I have not been on the Wonder so I’m not sure what the suite set up is like. Is there a pool and hot tub up there as well? If everything is enclosed in one area, then yes it would be like the Haven. 

Decks 17 & 18 are the suite area which requires you to scan your card to get in.
Deck 18 is where the bar and pool/hot tub with plenty of seating are located.
Deck 17 is where the suite lounge and coastal kitchen are located.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 4/6/2024 at 8:41 PM, Cigar King said:

Tried doing a search but I didn't see anything that answered my question.  

I've plenty of experience with suites on Royal.  I am thinking of trying a Haven suite on Norwegian.  (breakaway)  I'm looking for a comparison to Royal.  There's a lot of talk about "exclusive".  Is it really, or is it like Royal and various loyalty tiers have access too?  From what I am reading it looks like a nice experience than Coastal Kitchen and the lounge.

What's been your experience?

I only have experience with suites on RCI's older ships. I am sure the newer ships have experience significantly elevated compared to older ships.

And I only was at NCL Haven on the ship, where they had a "nicer" Haven - with dedicated restaurant etc.

So my comparison is not apples to apples one. NCL was significantly nicer, many more perks etc.

But the price in general for a Haven suite on NCL is very much higher too! 

If you can get Haven for the price you are comfortable with - you will probably like it better that RCI, I think. The ship within the ship is nice, especially on a bigger more crowded ship.

For me personally it also very much depends on the itinerary. If we are doing port-intense exciting itinerary - in Europe, or some other interesting place - I would be happy with just nice bigger room. The other stuff doesn't matter much, as we would not spend much time on the ship. So I would be happy to chose suite on older RCI ship, as they normally are much better priced, even though not as nice as Haven rooms on NCL, or even on newer RCI ships.

Edited by JoieNsk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JoieNsk said:

But the price in general for a Haven suite on NCL is very much higher too! 

Thanks for the comments.  FWIW, I see the prices are higher at NCL too.  I happen to have a similar cruise booked on Royal, and the NCL cost is ~$200.00 per day more.