Passport Processing Times.

34 minutes ago, sternfanla said:

Hello All,

How long have you guys been seeing on Passport Processing Times recently? 

Thanks in advanced.

My BFF just got hers and it took 2-3 weeks!  I was shocked!

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

We just renewed ours (expires in Oct 2024 but we are heading to London (our fav city ever) this summer and just didnt want to even think about it plus we always use for cruising as well, so went ahead and renewed.  Sent in renewal on 2/14/24 and took 5 weeks to receive new ones. 

Have a friend that applied early March (1st timer) for a trip he is taking this August and they quoted him 10-12 weeks.  Its been 5 weeks for him and still waiting so we will see, at least he did it early).  

Edited by Drazil65
  • Like 2

It's gotten much, much faster relative to early '23. We had our renewals back via Expedited within 2-3 weeks in December. Now a word of caution. Summer travel season is approaching. I'm sure wait times have crept up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I went in three weeks ago to get our kids renewed. (Yes, I should have done it sooner). We sail the first of June.

I was told not to even think about trying it without the expedited fee. Looks like the kids are sailing with birth certificates this time.

• Like 1

I sent mine in on March 28th for expedited service. They received the application on April 3rd, cashed the check and yesterday the status was changed to approved with estimated shipping arriving on April 15th. 

• Like 1

I just could not see spending the extra $$ for the expedited processing, especially x2. Thats’s half of what I will spend on tips for the kids.

We can wait in a few lines if necessary, I will get them done before the next cruise in November 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2024 at 3:21 PM, nydney1 said:

I went in three weeks ago to get our kids renewed. (Yes, I should have done it sooner). We sail the first of June.

I was told not to even think about trying it without the expedited fee. Looks like the kids are sailing with birth certificates this time.

Did you not just regular processing at the time?  You prob would have got them back.  We did renewals and took 3-4 weeks. 

I just decided to wait til we got back. 
I didn’t want to risk it since I would have to send the documents in. 

I didn’t want to end up with nothing if there was a delay. 

I’ll just use their birth certificate this time and renew after the cruise

• Like 1

That's a good point, @nydney1. Would suck if you didn't have a passport and birth certs.

I have to wait as we're taking more land vacations as cruising is getting more expensive. It's sad that a land vacation in Florida is cheaper than a week long cruise.

We did our kids renewal 4/1 and they are showing they shipped yesterday 4/8 with delivery by 4/14. We sail in June and paid for expedited because we were nervous about processing time. 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2024 at 4:21 PM, nydney1 said:

Did you go to a State Department office or another location? In my town, we can just go to our county courthouse and get everything done. You might still have time if you have other options available, rather than directly through the State Department location. If you get them back before June, it's a bonus. If not, sounds like you've got a contingency plan.

• Like 1