Extremely Fast MSC Refund to Credit Card

Heartgrove

Only because there have been previous posts about slow credit card refunds being processed by MSC, I wanted to post this. Last week we received an email that our Fall MSC Divina Grand Voyage was cancelled. We spoke to our concierge on Friday morning and asked for a refund of the deposit for that cruise. Our booking was for YC and he said that it might take 2-3 weeks to process. My AMEX was credited the next day on Saturday morning! Kudos MSC!

Wow, I was on the phone w/ an MSC operator.  Booked a cabin a few weeks ago, it's already paid in full.  It's 3 ppl in the cabin.  Last minute, 1 more person is interested.  Today I reached out asking if I canceled the cabin & purchased 2 cabins so it'll be 2 per room., I will have a refund of the current cabin but it will take 2 cycles.  I asked does that mean 2 business days.  Operator said it's 2 months. ?!?! 

It would be easier if I squeeze the new addition into the current cabin.  No one's willing to have 2 room charges on their CC-- & wait 2 months for refund.  

Should I try it & cross my fingers that refund will be immediate? 

Interesting. I requested a refund through my MSC concierge on Jan 25 for my MSC Opera canceled cruise and was told it would take 30 - 60 days. After 2 months, I contacted the concierge and she said she would check with her Supervisor. On Wednesday I called the regular customer service number and they said there was no record of a refund request, but they would expedite it. As of today, still no refund.

2 hours ago, jumpjump said:

Operator said it's 2 months. ?!?! 

.....& wait 2 months for refund. 

It's been my experience that the length of time it takes before a MSC credit/refund posts to your account kind of depends where you are in your credit card billing cycle. Let's say your bill just dropped and you're due a refund. Because you're at the beginning of a new cycle, that credit could very well post before the next bill drops. But if you're near the end of a billing cycle, the next bill will drop without the credit because it's so soon but the credit should show up before the second (from then) bill drops. The important thing is to make sure that someone is actually working on issuing you a refund.

4 hours ago, jumpjump said:

Should I try it & cross my fingers that refund will be immediate? 

Yes. For some unknown reasons MSC is doing the refunds extremely quick now, have not experienced this in the past 😄

• Like 1

Yes, I was also told two billing cycles before I would see my refund but I got my refund in under two weeks!

For NCL people, I just cancelled one with them and was told 7 to 10 days and I got the refund in 3 days!

This is one of my concerns with MSC if for any reason we need to cancel a cruise. How have you booked your cruise with MSC? Through MSC directly or through a travel agent? Did you find it easier to get your refund through a travel agent?