Odd question about getting a keycard, we will have the medallion

cgolf1

Over the years I have collected and saved the keycards from our cruises and have been storing them in a business card file thing. Since we have the medallion now, will guest services print me a card with the cruise date, etc to keep as a memento?

1 hour ago, cgolf1 said:

Over the years I have collected and saved the keycards from our cruises and have been storing them in a business card file thing. Since we have the medallion now, will guest services print me a card with the cruise date, etc to keep as a memento?

No.  You get to start a new collection.  Medallions.

They'll give you a key card, and yes it can be printed with name and sail dates. They do keep some, just in case there's medallion malfunction, or a someone has a concern with pacemaker or whatever.

Ask at guest services.

Although, it may be time to start a new collection! The medallions have name, ship and dates on them also ..

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

They'll give you a key card, and yes it can be printed with name and sail dates. They do keep some, just in case there's medallion malfunction, or a someone has a concern with pacemaker or whatever.

Ask at guest services.

Although, it may be time to start a new collection! The medallions have name, ship and dates on them also ..

Will see on that after this cruise. This is our first Princess cruise and for me how they handle gluten free will tell a lot, along with the entertainment and stuff. We are in the try out other lines of our cruising journey now instead of sticking with one line. It's nice to have options.

Posted (edited)

The Medallions are magnetic.  We stick them to our fridge when we get back.

Princess does try very hard to satisfy dietary needs and allergies.  Be sure to mark your preferences in the Princess app before you sail.  I'd recommend doing that at least 3 weeks before you sail so the information is transmitted to the ship with sufficient time for them to provision and have record of your needs.  Be certain to check with the maitre d' in the dining room, or the head waiter, and alert them to your needs.  If the technology is working correctly, they already know your needs.

Edited by jeromep