Queen Anne Sir Samuel’s sample menu

TowandaUK

The sample menu appeared on My Cunard this evening. 
At present the only night available to book is the first night - May 10. Cost $58.50 per person!

IMG_7379.jpeg

IMG_7380.jpeg

IMG_7381.jpeg

IMG_7382.jpeg

IMG_7383.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

That’s a spectacular menu for land or sea. That’s the splurge night any voyage!

We often don’t get that type of food sourcing info here. Last summer we ate at London’s Quality Chop House and appreciated knowing the sourcing of the seafood and meats. 

It's more expensive than Verandah ($50 onboard cost, evenings) but the menu seems several notches above their menu. Some interesting sourcing of food here, I'm certainly tempted.

9 hours ago, david63 said:

That's a new one - caviar and chips!!!

Even I wouldn't have put those together unless 'chips' is a label for re-imagined rectangular blinis or the  slices of thin toast which is what Cunard usually serve with caviar.

1 hour ago, Victoria2 said:

Even I wouldn't have put those together unless 'chips' is a label for re-imagined rectangular blinis or the  slices of thin toast which is what Cunard usually serve with caviar.

Doubt it as it says "triple cooked chips" - never seen triple cooked toast😕

Just now, david63 said:

Doubt it as it says "triple cooked chips" - never seen triple cooked toast😕

You never know what can be 're-imagined' 😀 and I have often double 'cooked' toast when needs be

but I suspect you're right.

2 hours ago, cruzadict said:

Are all the ships doing evening food in Sir Samuels ?

It's just QM2 that has the other Sir Samuel's, they do light snacks like pastries and sandwiches during the day and nothing in the evening. It's not that big really, and I can't easily see it becoming a full charged-for dining establishment, it's the wrong layout and in the wrong place for the kitchens. But if QA is a rip roaring success then who knows. QE has Café Carinthia which does light food too, QV doesn't have a direct equivalent, unfortunately.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the 'Heads-up' @TowandaUK , I have to confess I'm not one for stalking 'My Cunard' on a daily basis: far more important life events to navigate.

Still, I was interested to see both the menu, booking  availability and pricing, and in particular the dozen huîtres at $25.00. That should certainly give the old 'libido' a timely boost....

Oyster1.thumb.jpg.568b31ff9dfd98184e2b99e5e7e8ccf8.jpg

Oyster2.thumb.jpg.e22a7398957f7c35154affedccb7666d.jpg

Job done.....

Oyster3JobDone.jpg.541218870bad889e2e0eb7b8e21b6523.jpg

😂😂

Edited by Solent Richard
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, TowandaUK said:

The sample menu appeared on My Cunard this evening. 

At present the only night available to book is the first night - May 10. Cost $58.50 per person!

Interestingly I note the pricing of the 'lunch'  in Sir Samuel's comes in at $31.50 *.

Recalling that Cunard's recent email (8 March 2024) stated that....

' However due to the large number of Diamond members travelling, we will be unable to offer you your complimentary lunch benefit. Instead, you will receive US$35 per Diamond member, as on board spending money to spend as you wish'

...then one must assume that Diamond members can still enjoy the experience at no cost providing they are swift enough on the advance booking system.

* Again I can only surmise that the £35.00 credit takes into account the added gratuity if there is one.

10 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

* Again I can only surmise that the £35.00 credit takes into account the added gratuity if there is one.

Because it's just a flat $35 credit to OBC - which can be used for anything - Diamond CWCs can - if they wish - round up the bill amount to include a gratuity - and that will come off the OBC and hence the specific credit provided here. From what I've seen this may just be for the Maiden sailing, since so many Diamonds are going to be onboard. Maybe also for the next few QA sailings too, but I don't think anything been said about that. Then perhaps the Diamond credit will revert to the old system, and I don't think we've seen the specifics of how that would work on QA given the various options on that ship.

21 minutes ago, Pushpit said:

Because it's just a flat $35 credit to OBC - which can be used for anything - Diamond CWCs can - if they wish - round up the bill amount to include a gratuity - and that will come off the OBC and hence the specific credit provided here. From what I've seen this may just be for the Maiden sailing, since so many Diamonds are going to be onboard. Maybe also for the next few QA sailings too, but I don't think anything been said about that. Then perhaps the Diamond credit will revert to the old system, and I don't think we've seen the specifics of how that would work on QA given the various options on that ship.

Yes, I recognised that having received the Cunard email.

The point I was making was that in the event a service fee is to be added to the Sir Samuel's lunch entry fare then the 'credit' would be enough to cover it.

The usual communication problems continue as there is no indication as to whether or not a service charge will apply to the speciality restaurant published charges show in the OP's comment.

What I can say is that when making my reservation I was only charged the indicated amount with no mention as to that being inclusive or exclusive of a service charge.

1 hour ago, Solent Richard said:

Thanks for the 'Heads-up' @TowandaUK , I have to confess I'm not one for stalking 'My Cunard' on a daily basis: far more important life events to navigate.

Still, I was interested to see both the menu, booking  availability and pricing, and in particular the dozen huîtres at $25.00. That should certainly give the old 'libido' a timely boost....

The only downside to that is that I couldn't find one of my favourite tipples on the Sir Samuel's wine list.....

BonkingFrogAtFiddlersGreen.thumb.jpg.e6f3425cbc655464796e51be9effa4ac.jpg

😂😂

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

The usual communication problems continue as there is no indication as to whether or not a service charge will apply to the speciality restaurant published charges show in the OP's comment.

Yes, one short sentence from Cunard could have resolved a question that I think is fairly obvious, as to whether a service charge is included or not. And Cunard usually aren't reticent about providing lots of sentences. But as it happens, Verandah does not have a service charge (there is a tip area on the bill given to Diamonds at the end of the meal) so I don't think there is an implied or overt service charge here. Particularly given the assumption that many of us are happy to pay the "hotel service charge", and that specifically covers dining, at least as worded on cunard.com

Today received e mail from Cunard about my up and coming cruise on QA in July and the benefits of a Diamond member of CWC. Interestingly it states "A complimentary meal in one of our speciality restaurants" but does not say which ones or any value.

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Today received e mail from Cunard about my up and coming cruise on QA in July and the benefits of a Diamond member of CWC. Interestingly it states "A complimentary meal in one of our speciality restaurants" but does not say which ones or any value.

Sailing QA on May 10th but not received any such email. I have today booked & paid for one lunch Sir Samuel even though we are Diamond - oh dear

21 hours ago, Solent Richard said:

The only downside to that is that I couldn't find one of my favourite tipples on the Sir Samuel's wine list.....

BonkingFrogAtFiddlersGreen.thumb.jpg.e6f3425cbc655464796e51be9effa4ac.jpg

😂😂

Cheers @Bell Boy . We definitely share the same humour level. 😂

23 hours ago, Solent Richard said:

Job done.....

Oyster3JobDone.jpg.541218870bad889e2e0eb7b8e21b6523.jpg

😂😂

I was pleased to see oysters too. Many years ago when cycling on the Ile de Re me and a pal managed to wrongly order 3 dozen oysters rather than 1 dozen. The guy selling them was so impressed that we ate them all he gave us an oyster knife each 🤣. We'll definitely be booking Sir Sam's in June.

• Like 1