Did you book the Sanctuary while you were at the Fort Lauderdale "Go Lounge"?

Clampram

I would like to be able to book the Sanctuary at the lounge before my next cruise. If you did this, how did it go???

I read some early accounts of this not working quite well and I wonder if this service has been improved?

Thanks in advance

You have to trample people in front of you to get a seat in the sanctuary.  Make sure your shoes don't stick to human skin and you should be fine.  When they release you to board, be sure to have both hands free to push people out of the way.

At least that has been my experience when I'm in front of a sanctuary wanting person.

• Haha 1

The "Go Lounge" in Fort Lauderdale is a relatively new offering for suite passengers prior to embarkation. It is not at the port but rather is on 17th Street. There is a concierge there to assist passengers and there has been some mention that they help with onboard reservations including the sanctuary. I am looking for anyone that may have recent experience doing this at the Go Lounge.

Posted (edited)

I did a google search and this CC thread popped up.  Perhaps browsing through this might help answer your question.   It sounds like (from page 3) it's a very small invite only group of passengers that get to experience this.

Edited by Jnsplace1

Can only reserve a lounge in the Sanctuary on the ship at the Sanctuary desk.  And be careful of those idiots who will rush to get to the desk; last cruise I had an idiot almost knock me over getting out of the elevator to get there ahead of me.  We got a spot and used it everyday for the entire cruise; that idiot and his wife only used it for one day.  Go figure!

2 hours ago, Clampram said:

I would like to be able to book the Sanctuary at the lounge before my next cruise. If you did this, how did it go???

I read some early accounts of this not working quite well and I wonder if this service has been improved?

Thanks in advance

Havent used the lounge but the concierge was able to book the sanctuary for me when I boarded. That was on the Sky

14 minutes ago, Pickels said:

Can only reserve a lounge in the Sanctuary on the ship at the Sanctuary desk.  And be careful of those idiots who will rush to get to the desk; last cruise I had an idiot almost knock me over getting out of the elevator to get there ahead of me.  We got a spot and used it everyday for the entire cruise; that idiot and his wife only used it for one day.  Go figure!

Were you in the Go Lounge pre cruise?  That is the information that the OP is looking for.

We have been lucky enough to pre cruise at the GO Lounge 2 times.  The first time we were in a reserve class mini so we wanted the Sanctuary.  The concierge at the Lounge (Anthony) called over to the concierge on board the ship to take the reservations.  Being a little cynical, we still went up to the Sanctuary as soon as we boarded to double check the reservation.  Manager said he know nothing about it, however, luckily he was able to fit us in for the week.  I believe that everything may depend on how quickly the concierge on board takes care of the requests.  

Our second time we were in the GO Lounge we were in a full suite and didn't need the Sanctuary.

The Lounge is a very nice pre boarding area.  Just double check the reservations when you get on board.

4 hours ago, Crown Cruiser said:

We have been lucky enough to pre cruise at the GO Lounge 2 times.  The first time we were in a reserve class mini so we wanted the Sanctuary.  The concierge at the Lounge (Anthony) called over to the concierge on board the ship to take the reservations.  Being a little cynical, we still went up to the Sanctuary as soon as we boarded to double check the reservation.  Manager said he know nothing about it, however, luckily he was able to fit us in for the week.  I believe that everything may depend on how quickly the concierge on board takes care of the requests.  

Our second time we were in the GO Lounge we were in a full suite and didn't need the Sanctuary.

The Lounge is a very nice pre boarding area.  Just double check the reservations when you get on board.

Reservations for the Sanctuary can only be made at the reservation desk in the Sanctuary; that's where they check what's available and process your request. 

So you have been to the GO Lounge and this is what you were told or is this what the manager of the Sanctuary told you?  Strange that both times we were there, the concierges’ were booking the Sanctuary for people.

3 hours ago, Crown Cruiser said:

So you have been to the GO Lounge and this is what you were told or is this what the manager of the Sanctuary told you?  Strange that both times we were there, the concierges’ were booking the Sanctuary for people.

If you book at the Sanctuary you walk around and chose your desired lounge and location.  Can you chose your lounge and location when you book the Sanctuary in the GO Lounge?  How much information do they provide (specifically shade coverage or total lack thereof)?

12 hours ago, Pickels said:

Reservations for the Sanctuary can only be made at the reservation desk in the Sanctuary; that's where they check what's available and process your request. 

Btw, I like your new font color! 🙂

10 hours ago, Pickels said:

There have been posters who have said they booked it in the lounge.  Were you not able to?

We were asked whether we wanted shade or sun loungers. As I stated before, I really think that the success of getting what you want is whether the ship concierge gets the information to the Sanctuary Manager right away.  

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Pickels said:

You are incorrect. 

If you are invited to the Go Lounge in Fort Lauderdale (mostly suites), it’s an area before the cruise terminal to wait to board the ship. They will then bring you to the ship and you cut all lines and basically walk on the ship.  While in the GO Lounge they will take dinner reservations, spa reservations AND Sanctuary reservations. 

Now it didn’t work for us because our suite concierge onboard was inept at her job (she was awful the entire cruise) but someone else posted that it worked for them as they were on a different ship and had a much better suite concierge. 

They wouldn’t take your Sanctuary reservation request if they hadn’t planned to try and make the reservation.  We told them we wanted two together in the shade on all sea days. They then phoned the ship and spoke to the suite concierge to take care of it. They confirmed that the suite concierge was taking care of it and we should get confirmation in our room. 

Edited by Sox Fan Cruiser

39 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

You are incorrect. 

If you are invited to the Go Lounge in Fort Lauderdale (mostly suites), it’s an area before the cruise terminal to wait to board the ship. They will then bring you to the ship and you cut all lines and basically walk on the ship.  While in the GO Lounge they will take dinner reservations, spa reservations AND Sanctuary reservations. 

Now it didn’t work for us because our suite concierge onboard was inept at her job (she was awful the entire cruise) but someone else posted that it worked for them as they were on a different ship and had a much better suite concierge. 

They wouldn’t take your Sanctuary reservation request if they hadn’t planned to try and make the reservation.  We told them we wanted two together in the shade on all sea days. They then phoned the ship and spoke to the suite concierge to take care of it. They confirmed that the suite concierge was taking care of it and we should get confirmation in our room. 

Wow!  that's great news!  Thanks for the update.  It eliminates the problem of rushing to get to the Sanctuary when on board, and getting knocked over by inconsiderate people.  (happened last cruise when some idiot almost knocked me down getting out of the elevator).  Thanks again! 

22 minutes ago, Pickels said:

Wow!  that's great news!  Thanks for the update.  It eliminates the problem of rushing to get to the Sanctuary when on board, and getting knocked over by inconsiderate people.  (happened last cruise when some idiot almost knocked me down getting out of the elevator).  Thanks again! 

The trick is getting the invite to the GO Lounge.  It's by invitation only and only a small number of people get invited.  (and you need a competent suite concierge! :) )