New Gift Card Policy

Cruzinram

Can the AARP cards be used for final payment if you go through a TA?  The charge on my CC always shows as "Celebrity Cruises" and not the TA so wondering if that's possible.

I was booked on a Celebrity cruise.  I purchased 2 $500. Cards for 2 people and was going to purchase more.  Then my cruise was canceled.  I was stuck with them, but luckily I knew someone who was going on a Celebrity and they bought them from me.  They used them with their TA for final payment.

Currently on Beyond and attempted to use 500,00 gift card for onboard purchases. As I expected we had an issue, Guest services said they needed an expiration date, None of these cards I have used have an expiration, They never expire. The are just like cash. GS working on the problem. Will let you know outcome.

I plan on calling the big box TA to see if they accept AARP cards toward final payment. If so, I will be buying a bunch before final payment is due for the Eclipse next month.

@Cruzinram AARP or Celebrity gift cards?

I received a $50 celebrity e gift card through my workplace wellness program. Has anyone had success using one like this to pay on their already booked cruise (through a travel agent) prior to final payment (not as deposit on a new cruise)?

I had hoped to use it to pay part of our reservation ahead of time for Le Voyage, but I take it that is not possible? No way I can find to use it on the website for restaurants. This is so much more complicated than how NCL does it! 

Latest news from GS onboard regarding gift card use for onboard purchase. Inspite of what I was told by the gift card support dept on shore, They now are saying you have to call them before sailing to load the gift card to your account. I just knew they would not handle this correctly. Now told it will be next week when the office is open. I think I am getting the run around.

For the time being DO NOT purchase any gift cards for Celebrity until they can get their act together. Do not trust the policy statement. No where does it say third part gift cards cannot be used for onboard purchases. That seems to be the issue. I was told that yes for fare purchase they will be accepted but at this point I have reason not to trust them. We have been customers of Celebrity for 30 years. We are working on a solution, but I am not comfortable with their resolution. I told Guest Service that unless the policy statement is corrected they will continue to have this problem. Also do not trust the terms and conditions the gift card provider has. They are not correct either. A complete fiasco. Just about ruined our Cruise. I confirmed the acceptance  of these cards before sailing just be sure and it still is a mess.

• Like 1

I just used several AARP gift card to pay the balance on my upcoming cruise. Easy. I don't think that these can be used for on board purchases, nor do I need them to be - so I haven't looked into that.  However, to save 10% off my cruise fare on our upcoming Med cruise it was a no brainer.  I've referred others to this as well, and they've had no problem using them to pay their cruise balances.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cruzinram said:

For the time being DO NOT purchase any gift cards for Celebrity until they can get their act together. Do not trust the policy statement. No where does it say third part gift cards cannot be used for onboard purchases. That seems to be the issue. I was told that yes for fare purchase they will be accepted but at this point I have reason not to trust them. We have been customers of Celebrity for 30 years. We are working on a solution, but I am not comfortable with their resolution. I told Guest Service that unless the policy statement is corrected they will continue to have this problem. Also do not trust the terms and conditions the gift card provider has. They are not correct either. A complete fiasco. Just about ruined our Cruise. I confirmed the acceptance  of these cards before sailing just be sure and it still is a mess.

Unfortunately saw that one coming. The “policy statement” you keep referring to is not for AARP gift cards. What you’ve experienced is exactly what was to be expected. Your AARP gift cards have their own separate terms and conditions. 

On 4/10/2024 at 4:58 PM, Cruzinram said:

I have never had a problem using any gift card for celebrity purchased from any source. The policy says nothing about where the card is purchased . . .

On 4/12/2024 at 9:51 AM, Cruzinram said:

Celebrity Terms and Condition apply regardless of the source. Ignore the TC on AARP, They are not updated and are outdated. Refer only to Celebrity for redemption policy. . . 

On 4/13/2024 at 7:40 AM, Cruzinram said:

Currently on Beyond and attempted to use 500.00 gift card for onboard purchases. As I expected we had an issue . . .

21 hours ago, Cruzinram said:

Latest news from GS onboard regarding gift card use for onboard purchase. Inspite of what I was told by the gift card support dept on shore, They now are saying you have to call them before sailing to load the gift card to your account. I just knew they would not handle this correctly. . .

16 hours ago, Cruzinram said:

For the time being DO NOT purchase any gift cards for Celebrity until they can get their act together. Do not trust the policy statement. No where does it say third part gift cards cannot be used for onboard purchases. That seems to be the issue. . . 

That seemingly took a swerve.  😶

• 2 weeks later...

Guest Services issued us a 300.00 FCC for Corporates mistake of telling us we could us these for onboard purchases. For fare purchase but not deposits. I also would not use them for taxes and fees. Taxes and fees are credited back to your credit card. They admitted it was their mistake and good for Celebrity. I will just use the card for a future voyage. Policy statement on these cards that are provided by AARP and not current and should be confirmed with Celebrity before purchase. Those outdated polices where past Celebrity policies and have not been updated.