Pending Upgrade Bid??

I just noticed that our bid upgrade went from submitted to pending....I am not going to get too excited, but does this mean that we MIGHT be getting a room upgrade?? I haven't ever seen it go to pending before on other upgrade bids for past cruises! We also had another bid in, but it shows expired now. I do remember seeing this in a post a few weeks ago but can no longer find it, so I'm sorry if that's the case! Thank you everyone! 😀

10 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Pending = not awarded = no upgrade

That's not correct.

13 minutes ago, livetravelcruise07 said:

I just noticed that our bid upgrade went from submitted to pending....I am not going to get too excited, but does this mean that we MIGHT be getting a room upgrade?? I haven't ever seen it go to pending before on other upgrade bids for past cruises! We also had another bid in, but it shows expired now.

That is a very good sign that you did indeed win the bid that says "pending."

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, livetravelcruise07 said:

I just noticed that our bid upgrade went from submitted to pending....I am not going to get too excited, but does this mean that we MIGHT be getting a room upgrade?? I haven't ever seen it go to pending before on other upgrade bids for past cruises! We also had another bid in, but it shows expired now. I do remember seeing this in a post a few weeks ago but can no longer find it, so I'm sorry if that's the case! Thank you everyone! 😀

Let us know if you win, what your upgrade was and how much you bid. Good Luck

Great news! Our bid was accepted and we just got the congratulations email! 🥳 We originally had the spacious ocean view room, but bid for an ocean view balcony. We ended up doing $700 a person, because it showed it was the beginning of the "Fair" bid on the meter. We are sooo excited!!  

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, livetravelcruise07 said:

Great news! Our bid was accepted and we just got the congratulations email! 🥳 We originally had the spacious ocean view room, but bid for an ocean view balcony. We ended up doing $700 a person, because it showed it was the beginning of the "Fair" bid on the meter. We are sooo excited!!  

Congrats and enjoy your new cabin.  Not sure of the norms, but $1400  seems like a high bid to me.  Is the cruise longer than a week? 

M

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Congrats and enjoy your new cabin.  Not sure of the norms, but $1400  seems like a high bid to me.  Is the cruise longer than a week? 

M

Yeah that's a high bid, not surprised it was accepted.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, livetravelcruise07 said:

Congrats! I'm glad you're excited and I hope others telling you that it was a high bid doesn't detract from your excitement. If you're happy with what you paid; that's all that matters!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

Congrats! I'm glad you're excited and I hope others telling you that it was a high bid doesn't detract from your excitement. If you're happy with what you paid; that's all that matters!

Oh we are very happy, no one can take our excitement away and balconies right now are over $6000. We weren't even close to paying that for an 11 night cruise! And I know deep down it wasn't a high bid at all, we could have done a wayyy higher bid 🙂 

• Like 2

I'm on this cruise. Ridiculous pricing beyond belief, however months ago I scored the final cabin of a group rate through my TA for an OV which was reasonable. There were plenty of balconies remaining, so bid the min. Now after final payment... as is almost always the case, and is the only time I book unless it's a group rate.... the prices plummeted, so all those poor people who paid extreme dollars pre-final payment now shelling out more money even for an upgrade. This is the RCL way.

Anyways, last week I cancelled my upgrade bids, called my TA, and upgraded myself from OV gty to balcony gty for $80 total as the prices have dropped so much. In comparison the min bid online was $210 per person. Better yet, the $50 OBC from a "group" booking now increased to $275 from my TA as it's now a "regular" booking.

Always Always Always check the going rate for the cabins before your upgrade gets accepted.

Upgrading through your TA may be much cheaper than sitting around for weeks after final payment waiting for the upgrade email

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

I'm on this cruise. Ridiculous pricing beyond belief, however months ago I scored the final cabin of a group rate through my TA for an OV which was reasonable. There were plenty of balconies remaining, so bid the min. Now after final payment... as is almost always the case, and is the only time I book unless it's a group rate.... the prices plummeted, so all those poor people who paid extreme dollars pre-final payment now shelling out more money even for an upgrade. This is the RCL way.

Anyways, last week I cancelled my upgrade bids, called my TA, and upgraded myself from OV gty to balcony gty for $80 total as the prices have dropped so much. In comparison the min bid online was $210 per person. Better yet, the $50 OBC from a "group" booking now increased to $275 from my TA as it's now a "regular" booking.

Always Always Always check the going rate for the cabins before your upgrade gets accepted.

Upgrading through your TA may be much cheaper than sitting around for weeks after final payment waiting for the upgrade email

I ALWAYS tell people...pay attention to pricing if you are looking to upgrade and CALL before bidding. Royal is making a killing on some of these bids. I have frequently been able to upgrade myself for sometimes nothing or below minimum current asking bid for the cabin category I was looking to upgrade to. Perfect example....On an upcoming Wonder sailing I just recently saw a JS pop up for the same price as an ocean balcony.

Edited by bajathree
  • Like 1