Little over 100 days out and bunch of cabins now show available?

LB_NJ

The cruise had shown as sold out and now a little over 100 days out a bunch of cabins now show available.

I thought group cabins that travel agents hold are released at 90 days out.  Was I wrong?

I can't figure out why so many (maybe 20+) cabins would show as available now when they previously showed as booked.

Just curious as to what is going on.

5 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

The cruise had shown as sold out and now a little over 100 days out a bunch of cabins now show available.

I thought group cabins that travel agents hold are released at 90 days out.  Was I wrong?

I can't figure out why so many (maybe 20+) cabins would show as available now when they previously showed as booked.

Just curious as to what is going on.

On my sailing about that same timeframe I’ve noticed swift varying of cabin availability.  There was none except suites, then a bunch of everything last week, back to almost nothing this week.   

The TA cabin blocks have various agreements and terms.  Usually the longer the block is held open the fewer cabins my company could turn back.  Also if a cruise is indeed "sold out" that close to final.psyment could create a closing of group TA cabin blocks.

Last, there could have been an actual group.  Many of those fall apart and cancel, so rooms available near final payment. 

Pretty much until final payment day plus three days you have only an approximate number of open cabins.  Pricing changes will tell you if full or not full

July 28 Eclipse? Nothing to do with groups. That inventory already went back to Celebrity. What happened was they opened triple and quad cabins to book for doubles. If you notice every single cabin except one that is now open can accommodate a 3 or 4. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

July 28 Eclipse? Nothing to do with groups. That inventory already went back to Celebrity. What happened was they opened triple and quad cabins to book for doubles. If you notice every single cabin except one that is now open can accommodate a 3 or 4. 

Interesting, never thought of that.

4 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I love the insight you can ONLY get on cruisecritic!

Thank you!