The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday April 20th, 2024

54 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Hello everyone.

The WiFi is back—for how long, I don’t know.

Thank you to Sandi and Vanessa for your thoughts.  

Yes, i plan to give Hargray a piece of my mind.  The problem is that Hargray contracts with the community as the exclusive provider and you then do not have a choice.  Spectrum is in the area but they will not service you if Hargray has an exclusive contract.  Hargray is very expensive, but getting a dish is the only other choice,.  However, one drop of rain and the dish goes out.  Not very good choices.  Hargray knows they are a monopoly and they really don’t care if you have service or not.  

You can yell and scream all you want and they will just do as they please.  I would like to call them a few names but this is a public forum and I don’t want to get sued.

Just so you understand what Hargray is.  The “Leader in LowCountry Comunications!”

Terri

If Hargray is contracted by the community, then the complaints should go to the community officials in charge of contracting such services.  Is there a public meeting where the concerns could be brought up?  Once you do it, you will make it easier for others to voice their dissatisfaction as well.  Perhaps Hargray's next contract won't be so easy to obtain.

• Like 10

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I understand Nieuw Statendam is coming to our local port of Newcastle June17th and July18th.

And May 30 and I will be on her.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, dfish said:

If Hargray is contracted by the community, then the complaints should go to the community officials in charge of contracting such services.  Is there a public meeting where the concerns could be brought up?  Once you do it, you will make it easier for others to voice their dissatisfaction as well.  Perhaps Hargray's next contract won't be so easy to obtain.

Thanks Debbie. We have had meetings with them and the omplaints fall on deaf ears.  The contract is for ten years and it keeps getting renewed by the board.  Hargray gives the community money and then charges the residents a fortune.   i could go on and on.  i don’t know why the board keeps renewing the contract.  Believe me, we have voiced our complaints over and over again.

Terri

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Thanks Debbie. We have had meetings with them and the omplaints fall on deaf ears.  The contract is for ten years and it keeps getting renewed by the board.  Hargray gives the community money and then charges the residents a fortune.   i could go on and on.  i don’t know why the board keeps renewing the contract.  Believe me, we have voiced our complaints over and over again.

Terri

🌺Aloha Terri❤️

Time to relax and forget the problem. I want you to have a wonderful flight and cruise! Time for your time! So enjoy your cruise! It’s 🥳 party time for both of you and I look forward to any photos you give us from time to time! 
Smooth sailings! Take a deep breath and exhale!

🌺Mahalo

Denise🙂

• Like 11

The concert tonight was very interesting. We were seated in those wonderful chairs that let you lean back and look at the stars, and in the dark, Zuill Bailey performed live, Bach under the Stars-Selections from the Six Suites for Solo Cello.   Mr Bailey's cello is 320 years old. The performance was an hour long, and I heard no one snoring.  Cough yes, oh, that was me.  

We met up with Theresa and Harley who suggested that we all go out for coffee.  Well we hadnt eaten dinner yet, so we all decided to go to Ihop.  And our local 24/7 does not serve after 9.  We could have gotten it to go, and sat in the dark and ate, but Theresa needed a bathroom, and they refused to allow that.  Nothing but Ethiopian restaurants are open after 9 near us.

Time to start a grocery list, so that either our lunch is our big meal, or I will be eating and trying to cook  when I am working each night. 

• Like 11

The rain today is tappering off.  We could get a stray shower, but I don't think we will.  Since it started raining in ghe early morning hours last night, we've gotten 1.06 inches according to the fancy rain gauge, and the rain was pretty heavy at times.  There was some thunder, but not much.  I'll check my old fashion rain gauge in the morning.

Lenda 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

The rain today is tappering off.  We could get a stray shower, but I don't think we will.  Since it started raining in ghe early morning hours last night, we've gotten 1.06 inches according to the fancy rain gauge, and the rain was pretty heavy at times.  There was some thunder, but not much.  I'll check my old fashion rain gauge in the morning.

Lenda 

Similar here. Sprinkling very slightly at times, but the rain is mostly finished.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺Aloha Terri❤️

Time to relax and forget the problem. I want you to have a wonderful flight and cruise! Time for your time! So enjoy your cruise! It’s 🥳 party time for both of you and I look forward to any photos you give us from time to time! 
Smooth sailings! Take a deep breath and exhale!

🌺Mahalo

Denise🙂

Thank you Denise. We plan to have a good time on our trip.  This is not a cruise but a three city jaunt of Rome, Florence and Venice.  We are very much expecting to have a good time.

Terri

• Like 9