Live from the Emerald Princess B2B April 20- May 10, 2024

MissiCruzs

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, memoak said:

Another reason we never show up till after 1 or 2 at any embarkation port

We didn't have a choice. Princess had a private bus to take us from Terminal 2 to Terminal 19 as we were on the Enchanted the week prior. We were pretty much the last group to depart the ship at 9 and by the time we got all the luggage on the bus and dropped folks off at Terminal 21 for the Caribbean princess it was just after 10 when we got to the Emerald. 

Edited by MissiCruzs

10 hours ago, Ellipooh said:

Any chance you could leave a note for cabin C614? I just disembarked and left a big bag of souvenirs under the bed. 😖 Maybe the new residents could leave the bag with Guest Services? (I have filed a report with Princess) 🤞

I went to Guest services and they said the stewards turn anything found over to them and then it goes to a shoreside lost and found lockup. I asked them to message the steward and have him look under the bed anyway because I have found things under there from previous guests. So he took the cabin number and my cabin number so he could let me know the outcome. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 2:44 PM, Knickearth said:

Just got off emerald.  So many changes.  Due to medallion and having a cellphone - no little foldout of ship when you pick up medallion.  No maps given as you get to a port..  future cruise area has no more catalogues.  This annoyed me as on the ships we read thru the cruises and make our decisions for future cruises.  if I remember more I will write.

no more chocolates on bed at night.  No mixed salads in intl. cafe.  But on personal note the one thing that annoyed me the most was I had several questions and neither the steward nor front desk could answer.  They kept having to call others and could not reach anyone.

we ate in MDR when the menu looked good to us.  Otherwise we ate in buffet.  Many nights, no green veggies.  The salad no longer has black olives or bacon bits.   

I'm struggling to eat in the buffet. The food is India or Asian with a little this and that thrown in. I just don't like spicy food or a lot of spices I just don't like the taste of. We went to Gigi's for lunch one day and the Salty Dog by the pool another day. 

On 4/20/2024 at 2:51 PM, buckeye7 said:

Anxious to follow along, as we’ll be on the Emerald in July. We sailed her many years ago and I like the larger cabin / balcony size compared to the new ships.

If you eat in any of the “casual” restaurants (Planks and whatever else) we’d love to hear if they are worth it. 

Probably not going to happen. They want $39 plus 18% gratuity now. Just not worth it to me. 

• Thanks 1

We went to Gigi's for lunch yesterday. We ordered a pizza ($8.50) and split it then we went up to Lido and I got a hamburger. I wasn't impressed. We'll give it another try in November when we have the premier package. 

20240419_114738.jpg

20240419_121708_01.jpg

20240419_114638.jpg

20240419_093248.jpg

Yesterday we had our Roll Call M&G at Skywalkers. Over 60 people showed up and several officers that were impressed by the size of our group. A good time seemed to be had by all. 

20240421_094125.jpg

20240421_094108.jpg

20240421_094237.jpg

20240421_094147.jpg

FB_IMG_1713806119509.jpg

FB_IMG_1713806125512.jpg

FB_IMG_1713806114333.jpg

This morning was our Slot Pull. 50 of us participated and we used one of the new machines. We did 5 spins on a $4 bet. After everyone finished we were a little short each of our original bet of $20.  One of the group suggested we just play it out so our highest winner was elected to do the job. We would have stopped if he'd hit a big jackpot and cashed out but it wasn't in the cards... or slots so to speak... Everyone said they had a great time and that's the point... to have fun. 

FB_IMG_1713806091854.jpg

FB_IMG_1713806081724.jpg

3 minutes ago, MissiCruzs said:

This morning was our Slot Pull. 50 of us participated and we used one of the new machines. We did 5 spins on a $4 bet. After everyone finished we were a little short each of our original bet of $20.  One of the group suggested we just play it out so our highest winner was elected to do the job. We would have stopped if he'd hit a big jackpot and cashed out but it wasn't in the cards... or slots so to speak... Everyone said they had a great time and that's the point... to have fun. 

FB_IMG_1713806091854.jpg

FB_IMG_1713806081724.jpg

50 people - wow - how long did that process take place from spin to payout?

9 hours ago, MissiCruzs said:

I went to Guest services and they said the stewards turn anything found over to them and then it goes to a shoreside lost and found lockup. I asked them to message the steward and have him look under the bed anyway because I have found things under there from previous guests. So he took the cabin number and my cabin number so he could let me know the outcome. 

Thank you so very much for taking the time. It’s so frustrating when I know exactly where the item is! But it’s not going to be easily found under the bed…

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, MissiCruzs said:

We went to Gigi's for lunch yesterday. We ordered a pizza ($8.50) and split it then we went up to Lido and I got a hamburger. I wasn't impressed. We'll give it another try in November when we have the premier package. 

Where is Gigi's on Emerald? I don't see it on the deck plan and thought only Enchanted/Discovery had a Gigi's.

Edited by cr01s13r3
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, cr01s13r3 said:

Where is Gigi's on Emerald? I don't see it on the deck plan and thought only Enchanted/Discovery had a Gigi's.

You are absolutely correct!  I was on the Enchanted right before this and got my blogs mixed up... so sorry 😞 

Today was Antigua and we did a private excursion with Lawrence of Antigua. We had 43 peeps and 3 buses. We went to 3 beaches and stopped for lunch at OJs on the beach. Each stop was an hour and a half to two hours.. with driving time it was a 7 hour day. Everyone said they had a great time. 

20240423_120428.jpg

20240423_120228.jpg

20240423_120139.jpg

20240423_120236.jpg

20240423_120153.jpg

• Like 2

I am curious how the entertainment is onboard, between the main stage and around the ship. This will be our first Princess cruise and not sure what to expect.

Last year on our first HAL cruise we were quite disappointed with the entertainment aspect of that trip, but still had an amazing cruise.

Hello, going to be on Emerald in 3 weeks.  We are curious on what movies under the stars Princess is showing.   We really enjoyed these on our Panama cruise.

On 4/22/2024 at 1:10 PM, MissiCruzs said:

20240419_114738.jpg

20240419_121708_01.jpg

20240419_114638.jpg

20240419_093248.jpg

Gigi's is on the emerald ??  Where ??  Is this new. Was not on the ship last time we were on her ..

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Denmal said:

Gigi's is on the emerald ??  Where ??  Is this new. Was not on the ship last time we were on her ..

deleted - too slow

Edited by voljeep

Posted (edited)

Yesterday was Martinique and we decided to stay on the ship. We were here recently and just needed a ship day after the long day in Antigua. We spent the morning at the lotus pool and actually got 2 loungers!  Last night was Westside Story on MUTS.  I wish they had closed captioning because I couldn't hear what they were saying most of the time. 

20240424_180033.jpg

20240424_181037.jpg

Edited by MissiCruzs
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 4/24/2024 at 8:05 AM, cgolf1 said:

I am curious how the entertainment is onboard, between the main stage and around the ship. This will be our first Princess cruise and not sure what to expect.

Last year on our first HAL cruise we were quite disappointed with the entertainment aspect of that trip, but still had an amazing cruise.

Yes HALs entertainment is lacking but they are fixing it. They will have more shows with singing and dancing coming soon. I think Princess has amazing entertainment. They do 2 Broadway style shows and other themed shows. They have guest entertainers that sing... plus the magicians and comedians... game shows and they do all sorts of things in the Piazza.  There's no lack of things to do. 

Edited by MissiCruzs
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, goingsailing said:

Hello, going to be on Emerald in 3 weeks.  We are curious on what movies under the stars Princess is showing.   We really enjoyed these on our Panama cruise.

Westside Story was last night. I'll list the others as I find them. 

Edited by MissiCruzs
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MissiCruzs said:

Last night was Westside Story on MUTS.  I wish they had closed captioning because I couldn't hear what they were saying most of the time. 

Interesting! My wife and I just got off the Enchanted a couple weeks ago and were applauding the fact that they had closed captioning on all MUTS.  I had assumed that was fleet wide but apparently not. They definitely can do this though.

Edited by PMGS247

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

Interesting! My wife and I just got off the Enchanted a couple weeks ago and were applauding the fact that they had closed captioning on all MUTS.  I had assumed that was fleet wide but apparently not. They definitely can do this though.

Good to know. The TV in our room keeps rebooting in the middle of a movie to "free up memory"... lol.   

Edited by MissiCruzs