Park 19 on the Sun Princess

12 hours ago, Kit6 said:

I’m sure your kids will still have loads of fun (like ours did)! Ours did mention that it looked fun, wished it was open, whenever we were up on deck 19 playing or hanging out but it wasn’t upsetting to them, just a comment. The kids clubs have energetic employees, lots of activities (for those that wish to go) and there’s also lots of family areas & activities to enjoy. This was our first Princess cruise & we were impressed with the variety of activities/game shows/shows. The Piazza turned out to be a great central & open location for a lot of the entertainment- from game shows to dance lessons. The comments before about a lot of seating where you can’t see down to the center is true (puzzling that the design engineers didn’t identify that) but you can find lots of great areas to view things. Check out the Cirque shows if you hey a chance to - absolutely amazing, especially in a cruise ship venue! 

I'm happy to hear your family enjoyed the kids clubs!

Where was the Cirque show?

12 hours ago, Kit6 said:

They had 2 different shows, we went to both (one at 830 & one at 10pm). You definitely need to be a half hour early but we found seats both times - one time was 3 of us & one time was all 6 of us. We went 30 minutes early both times, the time we went for the 830 show they actually had the doors closed for setting up so there was a line but we easily got in. They announced every few minutes to not save seats & ushers did actually help people find seats by kindly telling people to move close together (aka stop trying to save seats). 

I can't imagine anyone trying to save seats in the Dome. 😄 

It's guaranteed to start an argument since many people on the cruise won't be able to get in even if on time. 

Thanks. I'll be there early for sure. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, LittleTinker said:

Sure  lol

Why would I make up a story where I've said it was the wrong information?

That would be a weird way to try and win internet points from a random person on the internet.

Edited by FamilyAtSea.travel
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Kit6 said:

Oh really? Well that’s interesting, definitely seems legit.  It sure why I’ve gotten a different response with Princess website chats & through my travel agency. I’m glad that they are being more direct with it (finally). Now if only they’d put a big announcement in the front page of their website so we’d all know! 😂 I’m one of the rare beings not on any social media, just stumbled upon this website searching for answers on park 19 months ago - haven’t seen anything official myself so totally in the dark with it. 

We're on the ship soon, and in our last e-mail from Princess a couple of weeks ago, after reminding us about shore excursions and mentioning ship entertainment and other things about the ship, there was at the end of the e-mail a "Park 19 Update" saying simply that "we regret to inform you that the Roller Glider, Coastal Climb and Ropes Course will not be opening."  That was the first official mention I have seen about the not opening, and that didn't expand to see "not opening ever" or "not opening on your cruise".  Just not opening full stop!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, colsky said:

We're on the ship soon, and in our last e-mail from Princess a couple of weeks ago, after reminding us about shore excursions and mentioning ship entertainment and other things about the ship, there was at the end of the e-mail a "Park 19 Update" saying simply that "we regret to inform you that the Roller Glider, Coastal Climb and Ropes Course will not be opening."  That was the first official mention I have seen about the not opening, and that didn't expand to see "not opening ever" or "not opening on your cruise".  Just not opening full stop!

Thanks for sharing, good to know that they’re finally informing their passengers (even if it is just shortly before boarding 😊). Have a great cruise, even without park 19 there’s lots to love!

• Like 1

On 8/6/2024 at 4:39 AM, chamima said:

I'm happy to hear your family enjoyed the kids clubs!

Where was the Cirque show?

It was in the dome, an excellent venue for it. You’re so close to the performers, the acrobatics are really amazing. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Kit6 said:

It was in the dome, an excellent venue for it. You’re so close to the performers, the acrobatics are really amazing. 

is this a reservation available, or just show up 30 minutes early - which would be no problem for us.   There's a bar right there, correct?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, voljeep said:

is this a reservation available, or just show up 30 minutes early - which would be no problem for us.   There's a bar right there, correct?

No reservations available, just show up. And yes, there’s a bar right inside the doors of the dome, you pass by it to go to the seating area. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kit6 said:

No reservations available, just show up. And yes, there’s a bar right inside the doors of the dome, you pass by it to go to the seating area. 

perfect, just perfect

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My parents are currently on the Sun.  They complained about Park 19 not being open and swapping Kotor for Bar to Guest Services.  They were each issued a $250 FCC valid for a year without having to exert much effort.  I guess it's worth it to complain once onboard.  YMMV.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

What does this mean?

"swapping Kotor for Bar to Guest Services.

They are ports.

They were supposed to go to Kotor and instead went to Bar.

The parents complained to Guest Services (and received $500 in FCCs - which seems HUGE!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IndyKid said:

Can you elaborate?

You have a great sail in to a beautiful inland lake. You are surrounded by mountains and the historical old town is right next to the dock.

Our lady of the Rocks is a wonderful island to visit in Kotor too

IMG_6155.jpeg

Edited by Esprit
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, IndyKid said:

Wow, that looks beautiful!

Did they say why the ports were changed?

Reasons vary. I was told by the captain that Kotor is a tender port and the town insists on using their own water shuttles and will not allow the ship to use theirs. Kotor doesn't have enough shuttles to handle a ship the size of the Sun Princess. Supposedly next year they will.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, dides said:

Report from someone onboard now that they have started to dismantle Park 19 (Credit Kathy S on FB)

May be an image of 2 people and pool

Nothing screams Sanctuary than the banging and drilling of a construction zone.

Will Sanctuary guests now be provided with complimentary ear plugs?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CalTexCruiser said:

Nothing screams Sanctuary than the banging and drilling of a construction zone.

Will Sanctuary guests now be provided with complimentary ear plugs?

I would demand noise canceling headphones with my choice of music.