Neptune Suite on N. Amsterdam

BSR

Looking to book my first Neptune Suite on N. Amsterdam. Is there any difference in the cabin size on decks 6 or 7? I see that the cabins on deck 7 are near the lounge. Also, I have a choice of aft cabins on decks 5, 6 or 7. Are these cabins larger inside or is the balcony huge? Trying to decide which one to pick. Any suggestions?  Thanks.

5 minutes ago, BSR said:

Looking to book my first Neptune Suite on N. Amsterdam. Is there any difference in the cabin size on decks 6 or 7? I see that the cabins on deck 7 are near the lounge. Also, I have a choice of aft cabins on decks 5, 6 or 7. Are these cabins larger inside or is the balcony huge? Trying to decide which one to pick. Any suggestions?  Thanks.

I've always preferred midship on deck 7.

The Deck 6 cabins and the aft wrap Neptunes are SBs and SCs, (as opposed to the SAs on Deck 7) so will be cheaper. However, the cabin size on the aft wraps can be a bit smaller. The Neptunes midship on both Deck 6 and 7 are all the same size.

We have two SCs booked on N. Amsterdam for next year, and have stayed in the Deck 6 SBs before.

Aloha. I have had aft rear wraparound Neptunes but prefer mid ship closer to the lounge but forward of its entrance closer to a pinnacle so there are fewer passengers walking past 

If you plan to be out on your balcony a lot taking in the sights, I would strongly recommend the aft-wrap NS.  You will have a 270 degree view from there.  You didn't say where you were going, but if it is a cold weather cruise, it will be a lot warmer sitting out facing the rear of the ship versus the sides due to a lot less wind.

• Like 2

On 4/22/2024 at 5:24 PM, Torquer said:

If you plan to be out on your balcony a lot taking in the sights, I would strongly recommend the aft-wrap NS.  You will have a 270 degree view from there.  You didn't say where you were going, but if it is a cold weather cruise, it will be a lot warmer sitting out facing the rear of the ship versus the sides due to a lot less wind.

Mexico cruise.  Are all the aft NS wrap arounds?

Same ship, Had a Neptune suite last Caribbean cruise on deck 4. Was fabulous.   There was some machinery obstructing a tiny portion of view on starboard side where we were.  Have a deck 5 NS aft for the 14 day Alaska 5-19 May, with friends on beside starboard cabin.

3 minutes ago, greensprout said:

Same ship, Had a Neptune suite last Caribbean cruise on deck 4. Was fabulous.   There was some machinery obstructing a tiny portion of view on starboard side where we were.  Have a deck 5 NS aft for the 14 day Alaska 5-19 May, with friends on beside starboard cabin.

Is the inside of the aft cabin the same size on decks 6 and 7 mid ship?

25 minutes ago, BSR said:

No. The aft wraps interior is smaller than the standard Neptune. Mentioned that back in post #4.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

No. The aft wraps interior is smaller than the standard Neptune. Mentioned that back in post #4.

You mentioned that it can be a bit smaller.  Was looking for someone who actually sailed in one to answer.  Thanks for the info. 

Edited by BSR

6 minutes ago, BSR said:

You mentioned that it can be a bit smaller.  Was looking for someone who actually sailed in one to answer.  Thanks for the info. 

I have been in aft and midship Neptunes on the Signature and Pinnacle class ships, but not EVERY one on the Signature class. ( Been in every aft in the Pinnacle class, except deck 8.) The aft have always been smaller in the interior, as compared to the midship Neptunes. 

On 4/22/2024 at 6:35 PM, BSR said:

We would recommend aft wrap 7 . We spent 3 weeks in it and here's a video .

8 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Thanks so much.  Video was very helpful.  

We were on the K (a sister ship) in 7085....mid ship --- close to the elevator bank & to the Neptune Lounge....(next to the Pinnacle Suite)....we'd book it again.

13 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Is this 7132? If so, that’s mine for our July 2925 Alaska cruise, with sis on one side, aft facing, and mom on the other side, port (?) side. We’ll open the balcony dividers and meander at will!  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KruisinKath said:

Is this 7132? If so, that’s mine for our July 2925 Alaska cruise, with sis on one side, aft facing, and mom on the other side, port (?) side. We’ll open the balcony dividers and meander at will!  

Yes it is . When we met our Grandson at Fort Lauderdale we had booked 7130 next to us and had the doors opened between balconies .

He could use our balcony unless our drapes were closed meaning we wanted privacy .

6 minutes ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Yes it is . When we met our Grandson at Fort Lauderdale we had booked 7130 next to us and had the doors opened between balconies .

He could use our balcony unless our drapes were closed meaning we wanted privacy .

Ooh, good tip re: the drapes!  Also, you probably figured, but our trip is 2025 not 2925, Lol. Sorry for not noticing/correcting!

2 hours ago, 57redbird said:

We were on the K (a sister ship) in 7085....mid ship --- close to the elevator bank & to the Neptune Lounge....(next to the Pinnacle Suite)....we'd book it again.

The cabin next to the Pinnacle Suite is 7061. We had that one for 2 weeks in 2022.

17 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

The cabin next to the Pinnacle Suite is 7061. We had that one for 2 weeks in 2022.

Sorry, I misspoke ---it's was 7087 & I thought it was the Pinnacle but just a Neptune with the angled balcony.

We share an opinion with those who mentioned being closer to the Neptune Lounge. In addition to the snacks, etc. available there, we really took advantage of the concierges to answer any questions we had or attend to anything. We found that really worthwhile, so we choose the deck and location fairly close.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2024 at 7:42 PM, BSR said:

That I do not know.  I believe I heard that the NS aft on deck 6 are smaller.  We were happy with the deck 4 aft NS.  We were happy with the aft view and larger balcony and don't mind walking further to the Neptune lounge.  We generally always use the stairs and never elevators while on board, so easy to get in the 10000 steps daily.

10 hours ago, KruisinKath said:

Ooh, good tip re: the drapes!  Also, you probably figured, but our trip is 2025 not 2925, Lol. Sorry for not noticing/correcting!

I did notice but you may be like me . Some people like to plan or book early . 😊

• Haha 1