Sanctuary Collection on Sun Princess

KLM3164

8 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Hoping someone can help me out here. I am sailing on Sun in September, before the changes go into effect regarding the new cabin categories. But received an email today regarding bidding for an upgrade. I am currently in a Cabana Mini-Suite (not Cabana Deck). I can bid for any type of Suite I want (for way too much money) or for a “Sanctuary Mini-Suite” which is a category that didn’t exist when I booked and which I thought didn’t exist until October 14. So can anyone who has figured all this stuff out tell me what category cabin I would get if my bid for a Sanctuary Mini-Suite is accepted and what comes with it?  The email says that I would have access to a private dining room with no reservation needed. Would this be the Reserve or the Signature dining room?  Anything else that would matter?  The minimum bid to upgrade is as close to $0 as as can be. (Less than $10 per day per person.). So I am ready to pull the trigger except for one major thing, which is cabin location. Since the deck plan for September cruises doesn’t show this specific category of cabin, I have no idea where I might get relocated and that matters to me. Can anyone help??

ok, forget my above posts.

if you are on Sept. 14/24 SUN, the mini suite-reserve class-gets you private dining room, no reservations needed.

You can book standard or Plus fare.  no mention of Sanctuary for your dates.

5 hours ago, dog said:

Suggestion- if your cruise is not sold out do a mock booking for it to see what that type of cabin is/ gets included.

3 hours ago, dog said:

ok, forget my above posts.

if you are on Sept. 14/24 SUN, the mini suite-reserve class-gets you private dining room, no reservations needed.

You can book standard or Plus fare.  no mention of Sanctuary for your dates.

Here are the lowest two offers, repeated verbatim:

SIGNATURE SUITE:

Our Signature Suite makes the most of its approximately 304 square feet with room to sleep four and host more in a separate seating area. It's perfect for anyone who wants suite amenities like mini-bar set-up and the elevated experience of Sanctuary CollectionSM with exclusive restaurant, private top-deck retreat, Suite Lounge and Princess Premier® bundle (a $90 per-guest-per-day cost included in your benefits) that features MedallionNet® Max Wi-Fi, unlimited drinks, unlimited specialty dining and crew appreciation – all at a value.

SANCTUARY MINI-SUITE:

Mini-suite or balcony, that’s the question. If you want more space, the answer is clear. Your Sanctuary Mini-Suite boasts about 304 square feet with a separate seating area, sofa bed and two flat-panel TVs for hanging out with others in your group. And you still enjoy those sought-after Sanctuary CollectionSM perks, from an exclusive restaurant and a private top-deck retreat to Princess Premier® (a $90 per-guest-per-day cost included in your benefits) that features MedallionNet® Max Wi-Fi, unlimited drinks, unlimited specialty dining and crew appreciation. Sleeps four.

In a mock booking, there is no ability to book this last category.  And the deck plan for September shows Reserve Class Mini-Suites, but not Sanctuary Mini-Suites.  This is too confusing!  I don't want to give up my Cabana if there is a chance that when I get on board, I will be told that I do not have access to the Sanctuary. 

• Like 1

@JimmyVWine - Do you have a good TA? Not a big box one but someone who can contact the right people at Princess and get a definitive answer (in writing) for you?

As I said earlier, I don't think you'll get access to the Sanctuary but I know our TA would know exactly who at Princess to contact to get a definitive answer.

EDIT: Look at @dog's solution below. You'll be sure to get all of the amenities you want.

Edited by chamima
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

SIGNATURE SUITE:

Our Signature Suite makes the most of its approximately 304 square feet with room to sleep four and host more in a separate seating area. It's perfect for anyone who wants suite amenities like mini-bar set-up and the elevated experience of Sanctuary CollectionSM with exclusive restaurant, private top-deck retreat, Suite Lounge and Princess Premier® bundle (a $90 per-guest-per-day cost included in your benefits) that features MedallionNet® Max Wi-Fi, unlimited drinks, unlimited specialty dining and crew appreciation – all at a value.

SANCTUARY MINI-SUITE:

Mini-suite or balcony, that’s the question. If you want more space, the answer is clear. Your Sanctuary Mini-Suite boasts about 304 square feet with a separate seating area, sofa bed and two flat-panel TVs for hanging out with others in your group. And you still enjoy those sought-after Sanctuary CollectionSM perks, from an exclusive restaurant and a private top-deck retreat to Princess Premier® (a $90 per-guest-per-day cost included in your benefits) that features MedallionNet® Max Wi-Fi, unlimited drinks, unlimited specialty dining and crew appreciation. Sleeps four.

In a mock booking, there is no ability to book this last category.  And the deck plan for September shows Reserve Class Mini-Suites, but not Sanctuary Mini-Suites.  This is too confusing!  I don't want to give up my Cabana if there is a chance that when I get on board, I will be told that I do not have access to the Sanctuary. 

Interesting.

i would go for Signatures suite. You definitely get the full benefits and they say $90 premier package. You can tell where all the Signature are located.( even if not available on website)

keep copies of the offer.

bidding is done through a 3 rd party, I believe.

Signature suite sounds safer to get what you expect.

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

SIGNATURE SUITE:

SANCTUARY MINI-SUITE:

This looks like they haven't hooked up their upgrade process correctly to available categories  _ I wouldn't bet on the Sanctuary Collection privileges being rolled out to the M1/M2 mini-suites before Oct 14th. (Well I hope they won't be as I'm in a suite on this same cruise lol)

Edited by dides
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dides said:

This looks like they haven't hooked up their upgrade process correctly to available categories  _ I wouldn't bet on the Sanctuary Collection privileges being rolled out to the M1/M2's before Oct 14th. (Well I hope they won't be as I'm in a suite on this same cruise lol)

My instincts lead me to the same place.  I have a good Princess Travel Consultant and I can send him an email, but my guess is that the people he contacts are just going to see the same thing that I am seeing on the screen and say "yes, this upgrade includes the Sanctuary" only to be angered and disappointed when we board.  Given that our plans have us dining in Specialty or Experiential Restaurants 5 of the 9 nights, the Reserve Dining Room only benefits us on 4 nights.  I am not sure that is enough of a benefit to risk finding out that your assessment and my instincts are both correct.  But I will see if I can dig deeper.  

• Like 1

Signature suite with $90 package should give you unlimited specialty restaurants.

Sun roll out for new package is September 7 th

seems like a flawed offer.

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, dog said:

Signature suite with $90 package should give you unlimited specialty restaurants.

Sun roll out for new package is September 7 th

seems like a flawed offer.

I sent a detailed email to my Travel Planner and will report back if I learn anything. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I also tend to believe that this is a bit of a mistaken 'category' issue with the upgrade system.

Remember, we are talking about Princess.  And I think that the upgrade system is third party who is doing the upgrade system.

If sailing before October, then I would doubt that there would be any Sanctuary access.

If I am reading correctly that the mn. bid to upgrade is very low...  then for sure this is simply RESERVE.  

I wouldn't expect to get a clear answer by calling Princess.

So, if one is hoping for Sanctuary access, then I would not want to be disappointed.

NOTE:  Is it not true that, until October, you can still book days in the Sanctuary.

The rate is more expensive than other ships.  But you could still hope to get loungers.

I have not heard any reports on how easy, or difficult, it is to get in.

• Like 1

Suites, of course, are in different locations.

For the Reserve MiniSuites -  with a Quick Look, I am seeing:

Deck 10  Mid Forward. (light tan/yellow)

Deck 11  Mid Ship   (the darker green)

Deck 12  Mid Ship   (the darker green)

Deck 14  Mid Ship   (the darker green)

Deck 15  Mid Ship   (the darker green)

Deck 16  Mid Ship.  (light tan/yellow)

Deck 17 Pool Deck Mid Ship   (light tan/yellow)

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

If I am reading correctly that the mn. bid to upgrade is very low...  then for sure this is simply RESERVE.

Minimum bid is very, very low.  The per person price for 9 days is less than the cost of two Specialty Dinners.  The "meter" that you move to set your bid caps out at $175.  All of this led me to raise the issue here because it seems to fall under the "If it seems too good to be true..." category. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, dog said:

Got this pop up when I logged in to my booking.  Anyone else get it?

Nope.  But I am not currently in a category that could ever get more perks thrown at them.  What category are you currently booked in and what is your departure date?  It might be that they are doing a "soft opening" of the new cabin configurations prior to October 14.  That might explain the Upgrade offer to a cabin category that is not supposed to exist and the inclusion of benefits to you that you didn't already have.  

Curiouser GIFs | Tenor

57 minutes ago, dog said:

Got this pop up when I logged in to my booking.  Anyone else get it?IMG_5901.thumb.jpeg.d1d0815930dbc346aac50ff3b3aa5487.jpeg

I have a reserve mini suite booked for November which has been upgraded to a Sanctuary class mini suite. I have been getting these pop up notifications as well, even though I know I won’t have Lounge access.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mybichon said:

I have a reserve mini suite booked for November which has been upgraded to a Sanctuary class mini suite. I have been getting these pop up notifications as well, even though I know I won’t have Lounge access.

Sanctuary mini's do not have access to the Sanctuary Lounge though.

I have Sanctuary mini next November 2025 , just did a reprice and it lowered my price PLUS included the new Premier pkg!!!

However I have a Sanctuary Suite on Star Jan 2026 with the old Premier pkg...

Excited I got a price drop plus the upgrade!

Interesting...the Mini Suite and Suite pics and sq footage are exactly the same!

I think the point is that Princess is sending these pop up notifications to those of us in Sanctuary balcony and mini suite rooms with misinformation. Another instance of them not having their act together.

I booked a cabana deck mini suite two months ago for Feb 2025 on the Sun.  When I booked it showed "enjoy suite upgrades and benefits"  I asked my Princess Travel Planner about this and she said it was a mistake and she was going to let Princess know. She said I would not get suite benefits.  

Ok so a friend is thinking about taking this same cruise.  I just looked at the same room and it is still saying the same thing for the Cabana deck mini suite C1 category. 

Mini-suite $3,028*
This stateroom features a private cabana, access to an exclusive outdoor deck, a seating area with sofa bed, and bathroom with shower. Enjoy suite upgrades and benefits.

Can you tell me if  1. Do you think this is correct and not a mistake 2. What are the suite upgrades and benefits?  I cannot find them listed anywhere.  

Since the Princess travel planner two months ago said it was a mistake I do not want to ask her again since it is still showing up on the Princess website.  I appreciate any information you have regarding this category and what it entails. 

Thank you!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CUontheC said:

I booked a cabana deck mini suite two months ago for Feb 2025 on the Sun.  When I booked it showed "enjoy suite upgrades and benefits"  I asked my Princess Travel Planner about this and she said it was a mistake and she was going to let Princess know. She said I would not get suite benefits.  

Ok so a friend is thinking about taking this same cruise.  I just looked at the same room and it is still saying the same thing for the Cabana deck mini suite C1 category. 

Mini-suite $3,028*
This stateroom features a private cabana, access to an exclusive outdoor deck, a seating area with sofa bed, and bathroom with shower. Enjoy suite upgrades and benefits.

Can you tell me if  1. Do you think this is correct and not a mistake 2. What are the suite upgrades and benefits?  I cannot find them listed anywhere.  

Since the Princess travel planner two months ago said it was a mistake I do not want to ask her again since it is still showing up on the Princess website.  I appreciate any information you have regarding this category and what it entails. 

Thank you!

Look at your Travel Summary in the personalizer on website.  It should say Sanctuary Collection if you get to use the Sanctuary & private restaurant.  May also list if you purchased bundles package etc.

6 hours ago, dog said:

Look at your Travel Summary in the personalizer on website.  It should say Sanctuary Collection if you get to use the Sanctuary & private restaurant.  May also list if you purchased bundles package etc.

I saw the Premier Package listed.  However, when trying to go to my cruise page it says they are having technical difficulties.  It happened all last night too.  I just would like to know what the "suite benefits and upgrades are"  I called my Princess Cruise Planner a few minutes ago.  I said initially back in June you said it was a mistake.   I said two months later when a friend of mine was looking to book the Cabana Mini Suite it says the very same thing.  She had me send her a screen shot and she is going to try to find out what it means as she had no idea.  

• Like 1

On 8/21/2024 at 10:30 AM, dog said:

Got this pop up when I logged in to my booking.  Anyone else get it?IMG_5901.thumb.jpeg.d1d0815930dbc346aac50ff3b3aa5487.jpeg

23 hours ago, mybichon said:

19 hours ago, mybichon said:

I think the point is that Princess is sending these pop up notifications to those of us in Sanctuary balcony and mini suite rooms with misinformation. Another instance of them not having their act together.

56 minutes ago, CUontheC said:

I saw the Premier Package listed.  However, when trying to go to my cruise page it says they are having technical difficulties.  It happened all last night too.  I just would like to know what the "suite benefits and upgrades are"  I called my Princess Cruise Planner a few minutes ago.  I said initially back in June you said it was a mistake.   I said two months later when a friend of mine was looking to book the Cabana Mini Suite it says the very same thing.  She had me send her a screen shot and she is going to try to find out what it means as she had no idea.  

This is what I've seen for the last three days  when trying to log into my account to see these pop ups people are talking about.

We're having technical difficulties

We apologize for any inconvenience and will be back shortly.

• Like 1

I read on fb that they are revising the personalizer today- renaming it to manage my booking-???  I get booted off as well with that message all the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustAddWater7 said:

The "enhanced" Premier package to which I referred now has Unlimited drinks and Unlimited specialty dining. It sells for $90 pp per day, I think.

Yes they have this.  If you already have the Premier Package it is only an additional $10 per person per day.  So for a 7 day cruise it would be $70 and you would get the unlimited drinks and sp dining.  I hardly drink anything.  Last cruise I had a total of 4 drinks.  But I do like the unlimited specialty dining.

On 8/21/2024 at 9:10 AM, dog said:

Interesting.

On 8/21/2024 at 9:35 AM, JimmyVWine said:

I sent a detailed email to my Travel Planner and will report back if I learn anything. 

Well, I got my answer and it is exactly what we suspected.  My crack PVP contacted his "answer man" higher up at Princess and the answer man called me back tonight.  He confirmed that there is nothing in any Princess information or system that suggests that the Sanctuary Class is being rolled out before October 14 and that the third-party Upgrade Seller just got ahead of itself.  He said that if I took the upgrade there is very little chance that I would have Sanctuary access unless I could convince someone on board with paperwork that this is what I was promised.  But he, like me, thinks that trying to escalate this issue to a bunch of stubborn Guest Relations people on board could prove to be a frustrating and unfulfilling way to start out my vacation.  So we agreed that I should stick with the Cabana since relaxation space is a priority.  Getting a Reserve Mini-Suite without Sanctuary privleges would severely cut back the relaxation space that we need for 3 people as the Cabana plus the larger balcony is way bigger than the balcony that I would get on a Mini-Suite especially since I wouldn't know what cabin I was getting.  

So there you have it.  End of the story and I am very pleased (again) with the service I got from my PVP who took the initiative to go straight to the top.  And no one tried to pull a fast one on me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3